Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Big Brother USA

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Big Brother USA
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
Has this show just started in the US ??

or has it been going for a while ??

because they've just started showing it in the UK this week, as our version finished on Friday night !!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
It's been running for a couple of weeks now -- I think maybe two houseguests have been kicked out already.

I watched the first US Big Brother in its entirety; missed the second BB in its entirety; and saw maybe a third of the third BB. We're now in the fourth installation, and I'm finding this one kind of boring -- all the people kind of seem the same, youngish and bland (other than the one older guy).

My reality TV quota is satisfied at the moment by The Amazing Race (season 3)!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Not that it's saying a lot, but The Amazing Race is by far the best reality television currently on the air.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
My favorite TAR teams never win -- I was rooting for Danny & Oswald in TAR 2, and Ken & Gerard in TAR 3. I'm rooting for the clowns in this one. (Where's the Señor Widebottom smiley? [Wink] )
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Never got into the Amazing Race and only catch a show once in a while for Big Brother. The Restaurant, a new reality show that started two weeks ago, is a good one. Anyone watching that?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
The Restaurant, a new reality show that started two weeks ago, is a good one. Anyone watching that?

is that one about different people eating at a restaurant ???

it features about 4 tables of 2 friends chatting and eating ???

we had one here like that called "Diners" !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

i've been watching some of the American "Big Brother" !!!

it's much better than our recent one !!! in the couple of episode's that i have watched, they seem to do alot more, than our lot !!!

not sure how for behind we our ???

in tonights NATHAN got to changed one of the nominated house members !!!

he changed the girl, who he'd won the diner date with, to a guy called DAVID [ i think ?? ]

Matthew.

[ July 30, 2003, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: the boy with UltraPowers ]

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
quote:
The Restaurant, a new reality show that started two weeks ago, is a good one. Anyone watching that?

Matthew.

Actually it is about a famous New York chef, although I've never heard of him before now, called Roco who is trying to open a new restaurant. He hired all his help at an open casting call on Good Morning America. They follow him and the restaurant crew around during the opening and after. Things like fires in the kitchen, patron's cars being towed away and the help threatening to walk out is what has been happening in the first two episodes.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
quote:

we had a show like that too !!! featuring a famous chef in the UK called Jamie Oliver !!!

Matthew.

Matthew.

Actually it is about a famous New York chef, although I've never heard of him before now, called Roco who is trying to open a new restaurant. He hired all his help at an open casting call on Good Morning America. They follow him and the restaurant crew around during the opening and after. Things like fires in the kitchen, patron's cars being towed away and the help threatening to walk out is what has been happening in the first two episodes.

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

after seeing DAVID being evicted from "Big Brother 4 / USA" !!!

i was surprised by how different it is to the UK version !!!

have some of the things been changed since the first few seasons !!??

because in the UK the public phone in a say who they want off !!!

and when the person who has been evicted leaves the house and enters the studio, there are hundreds of people waiting outside !!!

to give them a massive fanfare and also the press are there too !!!

Matthew.

[ August 02, 2003, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: the boy with UltraPowers ]

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
oh yea that what the Big Brother 1 did before, as the show has been "evolving". Do you guys think that Nathan is a "BIG closeted" guy, that Alison think he is and has a crush on Justin?

Yeah, I am actually rooting for the Clowns to win the TAR...I like Chip and Richien...but they need to be more confident in the race...so I have a feeling that C and R will be eliminated tonight. I kind of wished that Russell and his "girlfriend" would stay on so I would like to see Russell taking on Rich(or Chip?) (whom he admitted that he was attracted to him! the first BI guy!)

I loved Oswald and Danny - they were absolutely funny and the best of them all in the whole TAR series! Ken and Gerard came close. What about the first gay couple in the first TAR? They sure were the goofiest of them all! I look forward seeing those shows! Big Brothers, TAR, Survivors, Restuarant, etc. etc.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
oh yea that what the Big Brother 1 did before, as the show has been "evolving". Do you guys think that Nathan is a "BIG closeted" guy, that Alison think he is and has a crush on Justin?

not sure about NATHAN ?? guess i haven't seen enough to make any comments !!

but JUSTIN is pretty nice [Wink] !! and i liked DAVID before he was evicted .....

Matthew.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.