Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So where's the Libertarian/Anarchist thread?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So where's the Libertarian/Anarchist thread?
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Have I started it or have I missed it? Worth continuing IMVHO.

I don't think there's anything quite comparable to th Libertarians in Canada - the Alliance is somewhat, but they certainly don't have the intellectual power that I associate with the Libertarians - I mean in terms of seeing the broad picture politically. The anarchists - like Jaggi Singh, if I've got his name spelled right, are pretty interesting but also pretty much silenced after Quebec City. He is not, from anything I've heard or read, one of the violence-promoters at all.

We have 5 parties in Parliament here - Liberals in power, Progressive Conservatives, Alliance, Bloq quebecois, New Democrats. Very regionalized. And I believe they all favor developing their own bureaucracies, protecting their own turf and contribution base and economic growth-growth-growth. Of course, the Bloq wants to separate and do all this in Quebec only. Not a lot of hope there.

We used to have a Rhinoceros Party, started by a Quebec doctor. Very funny - so they got good media coverage. Sometimes I think ridicule is the only feasible instrument left for political change.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kid chaos

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kid chaos   Author's Homepage   Email kid chaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Refresh my memory, are Libertarians the ultra-conservative party, like Rush Limbaugh and all that?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.