Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Do your significant others like comics? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do your significant others like comics?
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Just curious. My DH has many redeeming qualities, but he LOATHES comic books.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Ditto

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't have an SO at the moment, but the last two didn't mind.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
No, he doesn't. [Frown]

I believe that's a big reason why I come to message boards. To find other people who share my favorite hobby.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Caroline doesn't read as many as I do but she loves the characters and plays a number of them (some she's created herself) in on-line RPG's. Plus she puts up with my stacks of unread books around the living room. She's the greatest!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Caroline doesn't read as many as I do but she loves the characters and plays a number of them (some she's created herself) in on-line RPG's. Plus she puts up with my stacks of unread books around the living room. She's the greatest!

it would seem you have the best partner !!! she likes some comics, enjoys comic related TV shows .... and she think i'm the sexist Legion World member [Wink] !!!!

she's a person in the know [Wink] .......

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
sorry !! i didn't give a reply ...... no my boyfriend Paul is not into comics ..... i have tried to show them to him !!!!

but ...... he did buy me the ALEX ROSS litho print of Superboy and the Legion of Super Heroes for my 30th birthday, last year ....

check my profile for the photo !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
sorry !! i didn't give a reply ...... no my boyfriend Paul is not into comics ..... i have tried to show them to him !!!!

but ...... he did buy me the ALEX ROSS litho print of Superboy and the Legion of Super Heroes for my 30th birthday, last year ....

Matthew.

Even if he doesn't share the interst just that gift alone proves he cares about your intersts. Sounds like a keeper Matther!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Just curious. My DH has many redeeming qualities, but he LOATHES comic books.

"DH"? Is that "doting husband?"

An ex, and it goes a way back (mid 90's), would go to the comic book stores with me. We both liked the Ultraverse series that had a short run at the time. I've never been able to share my LSH addiction with a mate, though.

But, when I think about it, I've always found it kind of special that my partners indulged me in this. They always thought it was wierd, but liked me nevertheless. Maybe that's the test - me and my LSH or the door. OK, I'm getting silly.

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:

Matthew.

Wow. Nice boyfriend. I bet if I asked my BF, he'd...

Nah. I should point out that my boyfriend goes above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to my hobby, too. He just snagged a Kraven action figure for me today. He's got a manager at the Toys-R-Us in Times Square looking for short-packed toys for me. He's the best. [Smile] We practically spent one whole day of my last New York trip comic book shop hopping.

He might not like comics or toys, but I've trained him well. [Big Grin]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Lee was aware of comic books, but not an avid reader, before we met. Once we started dating, I got him hooked on Neil Gaiman's Sandman, which he is now probably a bigger fan of than I. Lee REALLY likes non-superhero comics like David Mack's Kabuki, The Books of Magic, and basically most anything Vertigo.

Lee really liked the current crop of superhero movies, and will usually come to me and get back information about them (for example, he knows more about X-men than he ever bargained for.) He read Crisis on Infinite Earths a while back, and found the dialogue simplistic... but that WAS his first exposure to the Legion... of whom he had heard me talk about, but never witnessed for himself. He thought they were cute, but was asking me about their names. "Element Lad? Don't you think that's kind of silly?"

"Oh, if you think that one is silly, you should try Triplicate Girl!"

"TRIPLICATE GIRL?" Lee stared at me. "What does she do, file things really well? Is she some sort of super-secretary?"

So I told him about Lu, watching his disbelieving grin get wider and wider. And then he asked "And who's this this beach ball looking guy who bounces all over the place? Ball Boy?"

"That's, um, Bouncing Boy."

"Bouncing Boy?" Lee's grin got bigger.

"Yeah! You know, actually, he and Triplicate Girl got married..."

"Well, I'M SURE THEY DID..."

Hilarity then ensued.

I love the Legion. [Smile]

[ August 10, 2003, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: Kid Prime ]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I made the mistake of trying to explain Pre boot and post boot...

Don't try this at home...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
My hubby read them as a kid but had fallen out of the habit except for a few things here and there.

I couldn't get him interested in Legion, but he does have his regular titles now: a few manga things, Authority, Rising Stars (not that you can really call that regular with its publishing schedule -- or lack thereof) and a few more. So I feel I've done my duty.

Eric

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
My boyf thinks I'm totally mad for buying comics - though I think it's partially to do with the cost..... Oh well, he still loves me and will join me into Forbidden Planet without any complaint

[Love]

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
My wife doesn't read them, but appreciates that they are a part of me (so to speak). She knew when she met me in college I was a comics collector, so it was a package deal.

I even worked in a Comic Book Store for a couple of years right when we got married, right out of college. She never once complained about me "getting a real job" or anything. The guys I worked with got us a set of "Super-Friends" glassware as a wedding gag gift. We still use them.

She's the best! We have a large walk-in closet in our house that is now my "comic book room".

I was taking my beautiful wife for granted though. It hit me the other day while I was in a doctor's office for a routine procedure, and he was chatting a bit, trying to get to know me. When he found out I have a room full of comics, he said, "And your wife doesn't make fun of you?" Dammmmnnn... that was a bit harsh. I can tell you, that's the last vascetomy I get from that quack!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.