Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 92)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi, guys.

Last night I discovered the bad part about the
new autoexemp process for TFs. A side effect you
might say.

I was doing Synapse as a level 20, and when I hit
21 I was automatically exemped, so I got no more
XP from that point on ... and no SO at the end.
8-(

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
When you purchase COH, do you have to have the internet, is there anything you can do without a time card, i.e. can you create characters and test them out on your own, or do you need to have a time card to do everything?

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
You have to be connected to the game with a time card or monthly subscription. The character generator is on the CoH servers not on your computer.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
GRrr...

Just when I think the Devs have reached the
limit...

They're nerfing EVERYTHING, guys.

I just found out that pool powers are taking
a hit too. Hasten is losing ALL defense buff,
all the others including hover and stealth are
losing some ... and that includes the ancillary
pools ... my tiny little defense from body
armor is going down too... 8-(

I am so mad right now...

If it weren't for the friends I'd made in this
game, I'd leave right now and dance a jig on the
grave of COH when the developers finally bury
its nerfed carcass.

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Heh -- Prism was wondering why we didn't see Statesman at the convention.

Turns out he was organizing this nasty update while so many players would be trapped at Comic-Con. Bastard. [Smile] When my hubby told me it had gone live, he told me not to find an Internet connection and look up the changes because I would feel a punch in the gut. He wanted me to just enjoy myself at the con.

Well, we peeked anyway. [Smile] I guess I'll live. It's playing with you guys that keeps me going.

I'll probably be hopping on later today to check out the nerfs. (I took an extra buffer day off work.) Mike took me on a tour of Croatoa last night. It looks pretty cool. I like the baddy designs.

I'll miss having three Pookies out, though. What good is increasing mob XP if I die more frequently because I don't have enough Pookies to keep the mobs under control while I slowly pick off baddies with my measly blast powers? Grr.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Thought I would copy this from the CoH Forums over here since I suspect it will "disappear" from there before very long. It's both hilariuous and sadly true. This was posted by a player named He_Who_Watches (Have to wonder if this is, in fact, our own He Who Wanders.)

-------------------------------

From the Desk of Statesman:

As we are caught in a deluge of “Never Intended” “Not in the Original Plan” “Moving it in line with the Original Vision” and “Belated Bug Fix” it occurs to us that these are just nice ways of saying the same thing:
“Sorry, we [censored] up.”

Yep, we’ve made a lot of mistakes over the past year, but we have decided that our players are smart and mature enough to handle the truth, so we are going to level with you.

So enjoy Issue 5: “Sorry, we [censored] up”

Controller AoE Holds, Disorients and Sleeps (and a few others like Quicksand and Ice Slick) recharge times have been doubled and duration cut in half. AoE Immobilize and Phase Shift powers were not affected. Volcanic Gasses duration was not affected.

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” We never intended for Controllers to actually be able to use their powers this effectively. The idea of disabling a mob’s ability to fight back is unfun and against the original vision. In retrospect, it seems kind of odd to have designed an AT whose whole point is to lock things down thus making the game unfun. Huh. Odd.

Controller Pets (and Defender/Dark Miasma/Dark Servant) can no longer stack. That is, casting these summon powers before your pet has expired will remove the old pets and spawn new ones.

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” We didn’t realize that players would realize how to multicast a power whose Duration=Recharge and accepted Recharge Enhancers, and never foresaw the effectiveness of doing so. Now that we have had 14 months to observe just how disastrous these mutli-pets are, we have to limit them

Set a maximum number of targets that can be affected by most offensive powers:
AoE Debuffs, Ranged cones, and Melee AoE (PBAoE) are set to 10.
Some Large PBAoE (like Nova) are set to 16.
Melee Cones are set to 5.
Ranged AoE damage powers are set to 16.
Taunts (including Tanker inherent Taunt - 'PunchVoke') is set to 5.
Buffs are unaffected.

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” We didn’t plan for 4 trillion mobs to be in your AoEs and can’t be bothered to solve the real problem, which is that there are that many mobs in the area via herding, so we took the easy way out and just screwed the AoEs. It all works out in the end right? What continuation of herding? What mob stacking? What single target tanker attacks hitting multiple foes?
This is not the Dev you are looking for…

Slightly reduced the non-enhanceable health regeneration buff of Regeneration/Integration.

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” Recovering Health is too powerful for /Regen. They are the only set that can be in a situation where they can never be killed. Either the mobs does more damage than their regen and they die, or they live forever. This binary state is unfun, and unfair to the other players, so we are fixing this. Hell we would remove the whole set, but it’s too late for that now.

Changed Regeneration/Instant Healing from a Toggle Power to a Click power. Gave it a new animation so it activates faster.
With almost unlimited Health Regeneration, this power was always intended to be used sparingly. The high Endurance cost was intended to accomplish this, but in the end, only lead to frustrations of running out of Endurance. As a click with a long recharge, its Endurance cost can remain low, and its Regeneration boost can stay high.

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” We didn’t realize that by changing IH to a toggle in Beta, then changing so the power was allowed to take End Reducers and giving them access to both Quick Recovery and Stamina would imply that we actually wanted people to use it. Our bad.

Fixed Ice Armor/Energy Absorption so it no longer grants less Endurance and Slow protection if used against a higher level foe.

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” One of these days the Q/A team will catch these obvious bugs and we won’t look so foolish for employing them. Go-Go Gadget QA Team

Increased Super Reflexes/Evasion Defense buff.
Yeah, trust me. This one will throw you when you get to the end.

Reduced Dark Armor/Cloak of Fear’s Accuracy Debuff.

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” We never intended for /DA to have useful powers. It’s been rectified and will never happen again. You have our word.

Increased the recharge time and decreased the duration of Pool/Presence/Intimidate. It only affects Lieutenants on a Critical.
Originally, the recharge and duration of this power were balanced against the old Fear effect (run away). Fear is now more of a control power and much more effective (targets are essentially Held). As such the old recharge time and duration were too powerful.
Reduced Duration on Dark Miasma/Fearsome Stare. Increased its recharge time.
Originally, the recharge and duration of this power were balanced against the old Fear effect (run away). Fear is now more of a control power and much more effective (targets are essentially Held). As such the old recharge time and duration were too powerful.

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” We forgot to fix it the first time around. Actually going over powers after we change them is the job of the Q/A team. They’re good people though, so we cut them some slack; they find this things eventually. But better late than never, eh?

Reduced Duration on Dark Miasma/Petrifying Gaze and increased its recharge time. (Dark Servant version as well.)
This power was stronger than most Controller Hold powers, and thus too powerful for a Defender power.

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” It never occurred to us before that giving defenders a better hold than controllers would be a problem. You think that would have been brought up when the powers was designed and coded, but apparently not. Oh well, live and learn, right?

Added an f/x to Regeneration/Moment of Glory when it expires to indicate your Regeneration is debuffed (this is a visual f/x change only).

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” We didn’t realize that people like to know about impending doom. We thought the whole “Surprise, you’re dead” thing was more fun.

Removed Debuff Defense Enhancements from Spines/Impale (this powers does not debuff Defense, so Debuff Defense Enhancements were not doing anything).
Bug Fix
Removed Range Enhancements from Spines/Spine Burst (this powers is a PBAoE and has no 'range' to increase, so Range Enhancements were not doing anything).
Bug Fix.
Fixed Warshade Stygian Circle so it no longer gives you less Endurance when you drain and enemy that is higher level than you. Also, it no longer accepts Accuracy Enhancements (they were unnecessary because Stygian Circle is an auto-hit power).

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” We never thought to check over the powers to make sure the accepted enhancers did anything. I mean, why would we?

Powers - Global Defense Decrease

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” Big time. Repeatedly. Apparently when the end product is nothing like the vision, you made some mistakes along that way. We’re are strong enough to admit that. Our development was flawed, the vision was lost/abandoned. But it’s cool now. We know what we want to do, so Vision, here we come. (We promise to get it right this time). You no longer have to fear the Nerf Bat.

Except Regen. I think I just saw one of your health bars go up without a Defender around. You are being “looked at”. Don’t worry though; it’ll just be “a small tweak”

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Grats to Prism for reaching 50!!!!!

[Cheers]

--------------------

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks!

I've copied PL pre-Tyrant to test, BTW so once Condo and Grev level up a bit (and bring on SKs) we can form a team to team up with Statesman!

I did a little bit of testing and PL almost managed to solo Neuron... and I think he would have suceeded on a different map. (I was in that multi-level control room with all the ledges and engines.) And I had only switched out one of Phantasm's slots.

Short version, this is another missed nerf. Illusion is still powerful and Mind Control is even more borked. (Blue, have you tested Star out yet?) Soloing greens with my MC was a little faster but it still felt like a game of watching the buttons reload. Yawn.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and PL still hasn't done any of the big team events after Numina. (Eden, Sewers, respecs). With auto-exemp, I'd be into starting a team there...

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
Oh, and PL still hasn't done any of the big team events after Numina. (Eden, Sewers, respecs). With auto-exemp, I'd be into starting a team there...

Great idea about copying him over onto test! That would be alot of fun. [Big Grin]

I would also enjoy doing the TFs and trials with our own team. Don't think I would dare try again with a pick up team. [No]

--------------------

Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion night was very fun last night! Thanks for the team!!!!

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Hmmm, tomorrow they'll be doing "brief preventative maintenance" to the network... considering that the dev response threads have been silent of red names for a while, I think there's a good chance I5 will go live tomorrow.

Which means the game will be unplayable for a week as the server gets loaded with people trying out sonics and arrows.

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Hmmmm, could be but they haven't had the pre-download yet. They usually have it up to start downloading the content about a week before the new issue goes live. With the new zone and new villain groups you would think they would have done that already if it's ready to go live.

[ August 03, 2005, 03:19 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Blue Battler
Honorary

I sure hope that I5 isn't ready to go live
yet. I'm still amazed at the way they are
basically nerfing EVERYTHING in the game.

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Ah, well. At least Blue hit 50 and I managed
to do a Shard TF before they completely ruined
full auto ...

Vee
Still smoooooth!

The pre-live download for I5 is now available when you log off of the TEST SEVER. This probably means I5 will go live by the weekend or early next week

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.