Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Unexpected Songs

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unexpected Songs
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, so have you ever been somewhere, the club or the mall or the car or something, and from nowhere the last song you ever expected to hear comes on?

Like 2 weekends ago, someone played "Breaking Us In Two" by Joe Jackson on the internet jukebox. It's been 20-plus years since I've heard that one! I used to love "Steppin' Out" too.

And then last night, at the video bar they were playing all this euro-techno dance stuff and then out of nowhere they played "Return of the Mack" by Mark Morrison! It was groovy!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I have to say the last time this happened to me was when Carrie sang Heart's "Alone" on AI. I never expected to hear a Heart song on that show and for it to be so dead-on perfect.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
I had one like this-- "Cactus" by Brazil 2001 turned up on MTV's UNDRESSED series. (It's an instrumental "spaghetti-western" surf-guitar song.)
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, there was that time I heard a Muzak version of the Velvet Underground's "Heroin". Wasn't expecting that.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Psychout
Your mind is my playground

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Psychout   Email Kid Psychout         Edit/Delete Post     
was at a club listening to trance/house when there was something familiar happening with the beats. Suddenly realised the dj was playing sounded like the notes from 'Close Encounters', but this resolved into the Oompah-loompah song and then they mixed in the actual version. That made my night.
From: Melbourne, Auz. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, so on last night's gay bar gallavant, what comes on the radio between bars-- PUSH IT by Salt & Pepa!

'Twas awesome, 'twas!

Guess that song is making a comeback because it's featured in that commercial I've been seeing.

The only more unexpected S&P song to make a comeback would be TRAMP.

"On the first date
he thought I was a dummy
He had the nerve
To tell me he loved me

Of course, I knew he was a lie, y'all
He undressed me with his eyeballs"

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.