Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Need help with a drag queen project

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help with a drag queen project
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Thought that might get your attention. [Wink]

I'm working on a project and need a specific photo. I'm looking for a picture of at least three people dressed up in Marie Antoinette garb -- big dress and big powdered wig. Preferably drag queens, but at this point, I'd take a shot from a movie or something with regular women in period costume.

These people will become the Powdered Donettes, a girl group in the D&D campaign I'm part of. (My DM is very open-minded. [Smile] )

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I found some period costumey paintings for a project I did once for a friend's retirement on the usual museum collection sites (I made her into the Queen of England). I think I still have some of them saved if you want me to email them to you...

Also I'd recommmend looking for photos from the new Marie-Antoinette movie by Sophia Coppola (with Kirsten Dunst and Jason Schwartzman).

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Oooh, a painting might be even better. I don't think our world has photography yet.

And thanks for the tip about the movie. Not may pics have been released from it yet, but I've found a couple things that might work.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I tried to find some screen caps from Priscilla. Wasn't there a Marie Antoinette scene in it?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
how about the MADONNA 'Vogue' performance from the 'MTV' awards, back in the day !!??

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Oooh, good start. I could always clone and paste her, though I'd have to get someone much more skilled at photoshop than me to change the dress color for each version. And I'd want to whiten the hair so it looks more like a powedered wig. But I'll keep her in mind for back up. Thanks!

--------------------
Geek Watch

Lightning Lad
Founder

Nowhere near as good as MEL in the manip department but here's a try:

-  -

[ January 02, 2006, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.