Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Battlestar Galactice Series 1 - Question (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Battlestar Galactice Series 1 - Question
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
I’ve just ordered a copy of the box set of Series 1 of Battlestar Galactica. The new one, not the original.

Can any one please tell me if the 2003 mini series is

a – part of this series (i.e. will be included as part of the episodes in the box set),

b – pre this series, so therefore pretty much required viewing before starting Series 1

c – nothing to do with this series

d – other – please specify.

Thanks. My guess is ‘b’, but I’d like to be sure before I splash out more cash.

Ken

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
The mini series is pre the main series, but iirc even though the main series does continue on from the mini-series it's not absolutely essential viewing. If it is missing from the box set you won't be lost with the first episode. I'm pretty sure the first episode of the series proper also gives a recap of the mini, but I could be wrong about that.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Bevis, I disagree. I think the mini sets the stage for the series, and is therefore required viewing. I think Numf is going to miss out on quite a bit if he does not watch the mini first - IMHO.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I second Lightning Lance's assessment. The mini is where it all begins.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
i third that assessment,

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

cause caprica is part of the story.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If you bought your boxed set from anyone but Best Buy then you most likely got the true release which includes the mini. Which, IMO, you must watch first.

If you bought the Best Buy version of Season 1 then you got screwed. They did a BB on version that did not include the mini and cost just about as much as the regular release that came out a couple of months later.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Thanks gents - I'm glad I asked the question.

The Region 2 series 1 doesn't appear to have the mini-series included, but it only cost another £6 to order it.

I could have gone for the Region 1 boxset, which includes the miniseries, but that would have been £6 more expensive than I've ended up paying.

Once again thanks for your invaluable advice.

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I wish they'd rerun that mini. I won't be buying it, and I missed the whole thing. I know what happened, I just want to SEE it.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with those above... I got the Region 1 box set for Christmas, and I had never before seen the miniseries. Among other things, Adama's speech which gets referenced from time-to-time and seeing Roslin come into her own are totally required viewing. And once you see what Six does do a helpless innocent early on... you won't look at her the same way ever again. I highly recommend seeing it.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
i don't actually know what i have already !!??

got 2 lots of DVD's this Christmas and last Christmas off my brother, but what with all the other TV series i have on DVD, that i'm currently watching, i haven't got round to them as yet !!

the first DVD that i have is on 1 disc [ and has a running time of 2hrs 55mins ]

the second set is 4 DVDs and is classed as Season One [ so i presume that the first one is the mini series ?? ]

guess i'll have to get round to these soon, as all the reviews i've read give it the thumbs up !!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
I wish they'd rerun that mini. I won't be buying it, and I missed the whole thing. I know what happened, I just want to SEE it.

I ditto that completely.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Is this the Lorne Greene-Dirk Benedict version you speak of?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
no, the original mini leading into the current series.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Billy's working tonight, so I should be able to watch the mini series. I must admit I'm looking forward to it.
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
no, the original mini leading into the current series.

Ah...I knew I made a boo-boo after reading the thread a bit more closely, much obliged to you for the clarification, Sean [Smile]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.