Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Battlestar Galactice Series 1 - Question (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Battlestar Galactice Series 1 - Question
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
Watched the mini-series last night - thoroughly enjoyed it!

Now for Series 1 - it's just a pity that I'm too late to join seamlessly into the showing of Series 2 on the big silver box in the corner. I guess I'm just going to have to wait and get it on DVD, or catch the re-runs.

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowjack
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowjack           Edit/Delete Post     
This is pretty much the first sci-fi series I'v enjoyed. The ONLY thing I hate about it is Dr. Baltar. I *really* home he gets his comeuppance--and in a permanent, we'll never see him again sort of way.
From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
"The ONLY thing I hate about it is Dr. Baltar. I *really* home he gets his comeuppance--and in a permanent, we'll never see him again sort of way."

Well, they already did that with Admiral Caine...

Truthfully, I was really surprised at the beginning of the "Pegasus" 3-parter, because for the FIRST time, some of that growing insanity was pushed aside and I got to see there was a genuinely caring person under there, who had really, truly fallen deeply in love with this woman... who, it turned out, was responsible for the murder of MILLIONS.

To be honest, I didn't mind when he freed the prisoner onboard the Pegasus-- giving her a chance for "justice". But the last scene in the following episode made me wanna scream! Clearly, with Caine out of the way, but The Pegasus STILL around, we're entering a whole new period of the big story. Where it goes, considering the many differences the new version has with the old, I don't know if I can even guess!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Watched the first disc so far and am thoroughly enjoying it.

One thing that bugs the shit out of me, though, is the 20 seconds worth of 'flashes-of-what's-going-to-happen' that you get at the beginning of each episode. I find myself closing my eyes and waiting for the drumming to stop.

"The ONLY thing I hate about it is Dr. Baltar."

Knowjack - in response to your comment above - No. 6 would have me betraying the human race in about 4 seconds flat, so I can't blame him!

Does that make me a lecherous old dog? Maybe so, but I can live with it.

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
"the 20 seconds worth of 'flashes-of-what's-going-to-happen' that you get at the beginning of each episode"

That strikes me as a MISSION:IMPOSSIBLE tribute (or something!)

That kind of "coming attractions" bugs me a lot LESS than the kind where they basically tell you the ENTIRE STORY, and there's no point in watching then. (STAR TREK: TNG did this for all of its 7 seasons.)

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Finished watching the series last night - my only problem with it is that it wasn't long enough!

The ending was excellent! So many threads left hanging.

Boomer! She's great. My favourite character.

Just a pity I hadn't seen it in time to see the start of series 2. Bugger.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Numf, just don't fall for what is out there as the DVD set of series two. I think it is called Battlestar Galactica 2.0 or something. It only has the first half of the second season (10 episodes) for nearly the same price as what a full season should cost.

As for the 'flashes', they got rid of them for a couple of episodes this season but they did start them up again. That intro goes by fast enough that I really don't mind them.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Thanks for the warning, Scott. I would probably have fallen for that.

BTW - love the new avatar.

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Does anyone else see The Pegasus as a big ol' time bomb? As in, when they want to ratchet up the drama and shock us again, that thing's going up like the White House in "ID4" (there is that nuclear device floating around...)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Does anyone else see The Pegasus as a big ol' time bomb? As in, when they want to ratchet up the drama and shock us again, that thing's going up like the White House in "ID4" (there is that nuclear device floating around...)

Hey, Drake, shouldn't you be asking that on the Series 2 Thread? Some of us have only just finished watching Series 1 , and have no idea about Pegasus.
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
i'm currently 7 episodes into season one !!

the mini series was great, excellent set up for all the characters and how the story will play out !!

current favourites are the PRESIDENT and LEE 'Apollo' !! i love their scenes together !!

especially when LEE gives the prisoners control of their ship, and he reminds her and his father of the laws, they should be following and how there will be a upcoming election, and when she tells him about her cancer, and she says he's 'CAPTAIN APOLLO' !

i was actually surprised to find out that the actor playing LEE is British !!??

as usual i'm currently watching this series at the wrong time !! season 2 is currently on TV over here at the moment, so i'll have to wait for the DVD again !!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.