Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Gillian Anderson fans rejoice (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Gillian Anderson fans rejoice
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The Bleak House mini-series ended last night. It is truly exceptional. I think it should be shown to Literature classes at schools all over the world, for years to come.

Back to Gillian Anderson: watching this mini-series reminded me that I never got around to seeing the film adaptation of Edith Wharton's The House of Mirth, which she starred in. Anyone here seen it? What are your thoughts on it? Is it worth renting from Blockbuster, in your opinions?

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
My local PBS affiliate cut off the last 15 minutes of the final Bleak House installment with a pledge dirive!! [Mad]

I've been watching this from the beginning and loved it but was furious that they could make such a mistake!

What happened at the end? Was it Lady Deadlock who killed Tulkinghorn? Did Esther marry Mr Jardyce(sp?)? I know I could read the book, but I've never been able to read Dickens.

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, dear. I was half-asleep towards the end because I didn't expect the final episode to be extra-long, but I'll see what I can remember...

Lady Dedlock did not kill Tulkinghorn. Hortense did, and tried to frame Lady Dedlock, but thanks to Inspector Bucket's flawless detective work, justice prevailed and Hortense was arrested.

Here's where it gets vague for me...IIRC, Lady Dedlock could not live with her past infidelities and took her own life; her husband died from the shock; and Esther did marry Mr. Jarndyce.

--------------------

KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting, not what I expected
to have happened.

Thanks, Stealth.

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

You're welcome. Good thing I remembered just enough to help.

I must admit that I, too, find Dickens hard to get through. Fortunately, his books lend themselves so well to film and TV and stage adaptations.

[ March 02, 2006, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: Stealth ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.