Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » The MOST FUN Star Trek poll EVER!!! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The MOST FUN Star Trek poll EVER!!!
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
In this poll, YOU get to be the admiral! The Federation is going to commission the U.S.S. Legion World, and it's up to YOU to choose the crew!

This poll is easy. 9 questions, all with one answer. You have to pick the command crew of the ship, choosing from established Star Trek characters!!!

[ August 05, 2003, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Kid Prime ]

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I've got one ancient early-Net list of 150 good reasons why Kirk is better than Picard.

And another equally ancient list of 150 equally good reasons why Picard is better than Kirk.

Yet I'll have to go with Picard. Like me, he plays the flute! ("The Inner Light" and "Lessons")

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Great poll, KP! VERY difficult choices to be made. I was starting to pull out my hair trying to figure out how I could justify not including some of the hotties on the crew when it dawned on me...I'll just transfer them to the Admiralty staff as my "personal ass-istants" !

[Razz]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting to see the counselor position the only one with 100%. And all of my votes skewed towards DS9. Great poll. We need more ST polls!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Well, it WAS 100%. [Smile]

I'm also VERY surprised and pleased by what is shaping up in the navigator/helmsman position.

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
It was a bit hard to pass over some fav characters, but I was more concerned with the proper mix. I picked Picard as Captain, so I couldn't pick Spock as first officer since I don't think they'd be all that interesting together - they're a bit too similar in that they're both cerebral. If Kirk was an option, I'd have picked him as number 1 (the young version -- since that's kinda what Riker was supposed to be anyway). As it is, I went with Sisko since he's a strong presence, but his temperment would be an interesting combo with Picard.

I also think I spread things out fairly evenly between ST shows (Except for Enterprise whose crew got no votes from me).

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

I had the same rationale in my picks. I wasn't just picking my favorites, I was starting with the captain I wanted and picking to complement, well, her. [Smile] It'll be interesting to see what develops.

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
If Kirk was an option, I'd have picked him as number 1 (the young version -- since that's kinda what Riker was supposed to be anyway).

I thought about this, but I decided to leave Kirk off the first officer list because one of the big themes of the movies is that Kirk's "first and greatest destiny is to be a starship captain. Anything else is a waste of material." Kirk was one of the few in the entire poll who landed just in one of the questions. Picard, too, for that matter. I guess it's because it's hard for me to see either of them doing ANYTHING other than commanding a starship. (Well, Picard could be putting around some old archeological ruins, but then he wouldn't be in Starfleet.)

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Picard as counselor? Kirk as communications officer? In the hell of the ST universe, maybe ... [Smile]

My choices were unintentionally on the cerebral side: Picard as captain, Spock as first officer, Data as operations officer. But I wasn't thinking in terms of mixture; I wanted the best person for the job. (Though "best" is admittedly a subjective term.)

Sulu as helmsman was one of few I didn't have to deliberate on, though. He was the very essence of competence and following orders.

Guinan was a better listener than Troi, I thought. Plus, after listening, she might give you a shot of Saurian brandy. [Wink]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Very fun poll! I was mostly concerned with getting a good mix from all the shows.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healex
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healex   Email Healex         Edit/Delete Post     
Great Poll KP... but hard to pick! Dream crews are a problem... only because you want to work with your Fav's and not the most advisable.
From: Tampa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
this is a great poll KP !!!

very fun [Big Grin]

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
The Medical Officer poll is shaping up to be quite interesting.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
There are certainly several runaways so far in the poll as well.

Does anyone else here listen to "Howard Stern?" He plays this song parody every once in awhile called "Sulu Dance" based on "Safety Dance" with bits of George Takei's voice spliced in -- it's frickin' hilarious [Laugh Out Loud]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the use of Spock saying "pure energy" on Inside Out A Cappella's "What's On Your Mind"...!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.