Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Favourite Movie Killers ??

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favourite Movie Killers ??
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
who else loves a good HORROR film ???

i do have to say though, i haven't watched one in years that has scared me !!!

i still like them though .... most of them STILL scare my b/f, so i like seeing his reaction !!!

Matthew.

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
well it's an equal race for the kitchen knife at the moment !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estimate Lad
Substitute Poster

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Estimate Lad   Email Estimate Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Great poll! I love good (and downright bad) horror movies.

Still think, and I suspect that I may be in the minority, that Brian Cox was the definitive Hannibal Lector though!

From: Kernow | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Estimate Lad:
Great poll! I love good (and downright bad) horror movies.

Still think, and I suspect that I may be in the minority, that Brian Cox was the definitive Hannibal Lector though!

i only saw the original "Manhunter" after seeing "SOTL" !!! so Anthony Hopkins for me is the good Dr !!!

Matthew.

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I think the Hannibal Lecter character is the only one that hasn't been reduced to a cartoon. But he's not far off at this point.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Damnit! I hit the vote buttone so quick I didn't realize I could have voted for 2. So who else voted for Damien?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
I think the Hannibal Lecter character is the only one that hasn't been reduced to a cartoon. But he's not far off at this point.

And this would be that point, crossed and irreversible:

quote:
Hannibal Prequel

Producer Dino De Laurentiis is preparing yet another Hannibal Lecter film, but this time directly with the cannibal's creator, novelist Thomas Harris. Titled “The Lecter Variation: The Story of Young Hannibal Lector” and will follow Hannibal as he makes his way from his childhood in Lithuania up through his time in France as a teenager and ending when he comes to the United States. Harris will be writing the screenplay himself as well as a novel version. Universal will be distributing the film and there's no word on when it will come to fruition.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Well, crap.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, god.

Why must Hollywood bleed everything good dry?

(I blame Lucas.)

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Who could possibly be a good young Hannibal at this point?? (I'm open to suggestions, but I can't think of one now)

bad enough they made "Dumb and Dumberer" without Jim Carrey...

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

well we have a leader at the moment ....
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I suppose it's only a matter of time before they make "Hannibal Lecter and the Last Buffet" [Confused]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm done with Hannibal, I didn't really need to know why he ate people and all that. All that backstory works against the character as far as I'm concerned.

I'd like to give a shout out to all George Romero's zombies, who have pursued me through half a lifetime's worth of nightmares. Anyone else have the zombie-fighting dreams?

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Oh, god.

Why must Hollywood bleed everything good dry?

I think a good chunk of the blame has to go to writer Thomas Harris. I've gotten the impression that something about his success has turned him sour on the character.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by matlock:
I'm done with Hannibal, I didn't really need to know why he ate people and all that. All that backstory works against the character as far as I'm concerned.

I'd like to give a shout out to all George Romero's zombies, who have pursued me through half a lifetime's worth of nightmares. Anyone else have the zombie-fighting dreams?

I never had nightmares over them (don't really remember ever having a nightmare) but I'll tell you something that gave me the creeps when I first say Dawn of the Dead. I was about 13 or 14 (could have been 12) and we went to a midnight showing of it in Twin Falls, ID (the closest 'big city' to the little town in Nevada I grew up in). I loved, and still do, horror movies and this was the creepiest one I had seen up to that point in my life. When the movie let out we had to exit out the back of the theater. And the back exit took you right next to a graveyard. Someone either planned this or it was just a bunch of drunk teenagers, but there were a number of kids messing around in the graveyard that night, just waiting to scare the hell out of the people leaving the movie. Cause a mini-panic and scared my mom who I'd never seen scared before. I'll always remember that when I watch DotD.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.