Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Favourite "Dr Who" ??

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favourite "Dr Who" ??
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
Which was your favourite actor to play "Dr Who" ??

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
here's another fun poll !!

not sure how big "Dr Who" was in the US though ??

will you know the later versions of the Dr ??

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Hard to say.

The show's got a dedicated cult following through the broadcasts on local PBS networks. Each of the seven Doctors of the TV era have had their episodes broadcast here, and some major bookseller chains keep Who paperbacks in stock. But it certainly doesn't have the cache in the States of Star Trek or Star Wars.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

AAARGH!

I didn't realize you could vote for *two* of them!

Do me a favor, if you would: Pretend I also voted for Sylvester McCoy.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The only one I am even passingly familiar with is the one with the bushy hair and the long multi-colored scarf.

Which one is he. [Confused] That's me vote.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Sounds like Tom Baker, who is probably the one most US citizens would recognize as the Doctor.

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Tom Baker is probably the most familiar one but I honestly think that even if he hadn't been the first one I became familiar with, I would have voted for him anyway (I think...)

Fav Doctor companion might be interesting too... (but then I guess it'll depend how many on this baord are fans of the show)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

I'd certainly participate in a "Best Companion" poll, but it does seem like a good idea to see the numbers for this one first.

--------------------

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Tom Baker is probably the most familiar one but I honestly think that even if he hadn't been the first one I became familiar with, I would have voted for him anyway (I think...)

Fav Doctor companion might be interesting too... (but then I guess it'll depend how many on this baord are fans of the show)

Tom Baker was easily the most popular Dr [ IMO ] and he played the part longer than any of the others !!

the programe was shown on a Saturday, early evening, so it had a big following, but after he left the show started to get moved around alot, toward the end it was put opposite the biggest soap opera at the time !!

Matthew.

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
I'd certainly participate in a "Best Companion" poll, but it does seem like a good idea to see the numbers for this one first.

this would be a fun poll !! the Dr has a lot of companions over the years !!

Matthew.

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

did anyone see the last one with PAUL McGANN ??

this was a UK/US production !! and also featured ERIC ROBERTS as "The Master" !!

i quite enjoyed it, it was a shame they didn't make anymore !! i suppose it wasn't very successful ??

the designs were great, the interior of the TARDIS looked excellent !!

Matthew.

Estimate Lad
Substitute Poster

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Estimate Lad   Email Estimate Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
There is theory that the best Doctor was the one that was on TV when you were 14 which works for me as my two faves were Tom Baker and Peter Davidson.
From: Kernow | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estimate Lad
Substitute Poster

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Estimate Lad   Email Estimate Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
did anyone see the last one with PAUL McGANN ??

this was a UK/US production !! and also featured ERIC ROBERTS as "The Master" !!

i quite enjoyed it, it was a shame they didn't make anymore !! i suppose it wasn't very successful ??

the designs were great, the interior of the TARDIS looked excellent !!

Matthew.

Yeap I remember that TV Movie, it showed lots of potential and McGann was an inspired choice for the Doctor. I have a couple of friends in Bristol who write novels for the BBC based on the McGann version and I hear a lot of Who talk down the pub every Thursday!
From: Kernow | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

I saw the McGann TV movie and thought it wasn't bad at all. I guess the ratings weren't all that, though. A shame.

I've heard there's a new project in the works featuring a ninth Doctor, but I haven't heard of plans to broadcast it in the States.

Did McGann do any of those audio productions?

--------------------

matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I had to go with my sentimental favorite, Jon Pertwee because for some reason I have more memories of watching his episodes with my dad than any other, and Saturday night Dr. Who with my dad is one of those happy memories I'll never forget. My poor mom, she spent just about every one of those nights in self-imposed exile. She just didn't get it.

I also voted for Patrick Troughton, even though I've seen very few of his adventures. I just liked him in the role.

You'd think with all the damn channels I get on DirectTV at least one of them would be showing Dr. Who. And we even have 2 PBS stations in Atlanta!

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.