Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » I'm a fan more of the offbeat movies than the blockbusters!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm a fan more of the offbeat movies than the blockbusters!
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked Iron Man, i am a fan of the older Iron Man comics (late 70's through early 90's), but as much fun in a big bang, summer blockbuster way it was, i would still rather watch Slither.

Its the offbeat stuff that give you the most bang for your buck, i think. I can watch the inexpensive Tremors trilogy and come up with new things all the time. I watch Spider Man 3 once and don't really wanna see it again.

Something like Lonestar or Traces of Red will hold my attention much more than something like Mission Impossible 2. Now, thats not to say that i don't like any blockbusters. I really liked the Underworld movies. Good action/suspense mixture, but I liked Fright Night more because the cheese factor was in place.

Bubba Ho Tep vs. The Mummy- gotta go with Bubba.

Anyone else like that out there? If so, what are some of your favorite offkilter movies. And hey, if you like a blockbuster, thats cool too.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I absolutely loved "The Man with the Screaming Brain"

but then agan, I pretty much love anything that features Bruce Campbell.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Mulholland Drive -- the one David Lynch movie that I love without any reservations. Brilliant cast, superlative technique, and subject matter that interests me a lot (the dark underside of Hollywood.)

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
I absolutely loved "The Man with the Screaming Brain"

but then agan, I pretty much love anything that features Bruce Campbell.

Ditto. Bubba Ho Tep rawked my face off.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
"Bubba Ho Tep vs. The Mummy- gotta go with Bubba"

I loved ALIEN-- even went to see the "special edition" reissue-- but given a choice, I'd rather watch...

THE GREEN SLIME !

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
"Fright Night" was a really good flick! "Fright Night II", not so much...

I definitely liked me some offbeat 80's type scifi -- "Critters", "The Hidden", "Night of the Comet" and of course "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension".

And while yes, we all love Bruce Campbell, give me Tim Thomerson as Jack Deth (or anything else) any day!

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Never saw the Jack Deth movies. I think Helen Hunt was in them, wasn't she?

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
She was in the first one and I believe the second one as well. Not sure how many they ultimately made.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I like both types.
Sometimes even the ol direct to dvd movies are pretty fun

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
'Pina', about the choreography of Pina Bausch is stunning. It's a kind of documentary, not mu usual genre.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.