Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Is DC really gonna try and vet every post now? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Is DC really gonna try and vet every post now?
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I replied to a topic on Firestorm and got a message that it would be reviewed before being posted. That seems like more than a little hubris to me. No skin off my nose, I mean, its their boards and i hardly post there anymore, but still, has google's recent stance on "being evil" falling to the wayside infected DC as well?

"You be tolerant, as long as its a way that we approve of!"

Ah, the glorious "free speech" of america now.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Apparently. [Roll Eyes]

quote:
dchostmod

Notice of Moderation on DC Boards
Posted: Feb 11, 2006 3:14 PM

Due to recent abuses on the message boards we will be moderating them until further notice. This means that all new messages will be review before they are publicly posted.

We apologize for any inconvience this might cause and ask for your patience.

- DC Mod

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mhr_kara
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mhr_kara   Author's Homepage   Email mhr_kara         Edit/Delete Post     
hopefully it's not going to last long, because it's a pain to wait hours(sometimes days) to see your own posts
From: Earth-247 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Gallaghers! And I get frustrated about having to wait nanoseconds here.

I bet those "official Legion board" fanboys are pullin' their hair out!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Is it wrong that I'm secretly laughing at them? [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Are there really that many left to even care about? The last time I looked at the Legion DCMB it was just a bunch of whiners bashing the book just to bash it. I think one visit a year there is one visit too many.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Jillikers! Why do I suddenly fill the desire to flood the DC boards with posts about Arms Fall Off Boy, Blackout Boy, Dr. Landro's sexy nurse, and Lester Spiffany's chaffeur?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Coz they were one-off gimmicky characters?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Nah, because they were important bits of Legion lore that I'm sure the mods over on the DC boards would enjoy reading about!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
If they had any sense, they would
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Is it wrong that I'm secretly laughing at them? [Big Grin]

Yes.

You should do it openly, like the rest of us.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baycent54
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baycent54   Author's Homepage   Email baycent54         Edit/Delete Post     
I think this started with a (mercifully unnamed) poster who put up a message on the DC boards concerning a VERY STUPID topic: "Superman (or Batman) should stop fighting other criminals and start bombing abortion centers."
What a bunch of CRAP!!!!!
What an *ssh*le!!!!!
[Mad]

From: Michigan | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't been to that mb since...I don't even remember when.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

brigort
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigort   Email brigort         Edit/Delete Post     
This may not be the "official" Legion board, but it is THE Legion board.
From: PEI, Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Soon those frustrated DC Legion board posters will also figure that out!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.