Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Green Lantern: First Flight (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Green Lantern: First Flight
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Gotta say, after seeing this trailer

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40717

This looks like its gonna be truly kickass. They did a great job in JL: New Frontiers but this looks like its really good.

Minor change to Abin, but its something I can deal with. And they changed his uniform a bit from what I can see, but its Hal.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't get why they would change Hal's costume. In my mind it's as iconic as Batman and Superman's. I can understand if they need to change it a bit for the feature film, but for animation white gloves and skin-tight uniforms look just fine.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Fan Freakin' Tastic!

I loved this movie, so glad I bought it. Worth the wait and antici

pation! As reported, most of it was in space, and trust me when I say, there was nothing wrong with that at all.

Its the basic origin story, with a few minor modifications. I don't want to give too much away, but what the "weaponers" did was outstanding in every way.

But it, rent it, borrow it...do what you gotta do! Its worth it.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
I saw it and really enjoyed it, i hope they do more!
Cant wait for the GL movie.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I bought and watched GL:FF today and was very impressed. Yeah, Abin Sur looked different, Boudikka had an unexpected twist to her character and it could've followed the Geoff Johns interpretation a little more closely, but this movie really rocked! It even had Ch'p! I hope they either make a sequel or turn it into a series. With the upcoming film and all the momentum the property is getting, it would be a slam dunk!

I got the two-disc edition from Best Buy. It had lots of interviews with Geoff Johns, a Duck Dodgers episode with the GLC and two JLU episodes on the bonus disc! All that and a Hal Jordan figure exclusive to Best Buy!

This is definitely a great, great time to be a GL fan!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I have to only hope that there's an animated series aiming to launch after the movie comes out! (but with animation they need so much lead time, if something were in the pipeline we probably would have heard something I imagine...)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Titan Lad
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Titan Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This came out already? I will have to remind myself to pick it up tomorrow.

My one question: Was it better than the Wonder Woman animated movie?

From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Haven't seen the WW movie, but this one was outstanding. There are some minor changes, but they are not too jarring and serve the story exceptionally well.

And the final battle...there's a reason Hal Jordan is the greatest. This is why!

Hot damn mercy ma'am sign me up for a animated series if this is how good its gonna be.

--------------------

Something pithy!

THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
yes
far superior to WW.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Titan Lad
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Titan Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by THE LABRADORIAN:
yes
far superior to WW.

Thanks! and ricskhaw if you haven't seen Wonder Woman, I wouldn't suggest wasting your money on it.
From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Titan Lad
Substitute

I just finished the movie, and I must say it was phenomenal! I could definetly get behind a cartoon series like this.
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Another thing I liked, more and more, was how the movie was not a direct adaptation of a specific storyline like the Doomsday and New Frontier videos. Yes, there were familiar aspects like how Hal got the ring and Sinestro's betrayal of the Corps, but this was essentially a story we hadn't seen before within its own universe. That's one reason GL:FF would make an excellent pilot for an ongoing animated series.

If the live action movie does really well, it's a no-brainer that an animated series will follow. They may as well use what we have here as the template when the time comes!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

He's got a major rogue's gallery, plus some good ones that he can borrow just like supes and bats did. He's got a major story background, either in space with the corps or on earth. Hes got a great civilian ID, a good gal friday/love interest/boss...

What wouldn't work?

I feel the same for Flash.

I mean, if they could have one for Aquaman forty years ago, then they could do a truly kickass one for these two.

--------------------

Something pithy!

doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
I really liked it too. I especially liked the design of the aliens, particularly the weaponers. Man, they were alien and creepy and hella awesome! I had a couple of quibbles, like how Hal was such a great ring-slinger from the get-go. And I really regretted Tomar-Re's demise. Finally, my major complaint is with the musical score. All the scores on these movies are sounding alike. Spring for a little originality, Warners.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Just watched it and really liked it. My only problem was the one scene in the middle with the impalement that was graphic enough to get the PG-13 rating. Not that it bothered me, but it means its now not something I can't share with my kids, and I think they really would have liked it.

Maybe some creative editing is in order.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.