Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » After you it comes: V (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: After you it comes: V
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
So anyone else catch it last night? I thought it was a pretty good begining but it could of used another hour so it wasn't so rushed. My other thought was how Laura Vandervoort going from Kryptonian to Vistor was kind of a downgrade as alien species go. [Wink]

FYI the pilot is up on iTunes for those who missed it/want to watch it again.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
...or for FREE on ABC's site starting Saturday! [Smile]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually it's free on iTunes too, I just accidently left that part out.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The way I understand it, the first four episodes will make up one story arc, which is part of the reason there will be a hiatus before the rest of the episodes are shown.

I thought it was a promising start. I wasn't too impressed at first, but it got better as it went along.

Click Here For A SpoilerClever twist that the Visitors have already been here undercover for decades. I wish we had gotten a full unmasking, though. The scene of Elizabeth Mitchell partially unmasking her partner can't hold a candle to the visceral impact of the scene in the original miniseries where Marc Singer rips off the Visitor soldier's entire face.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
yeah
but its hard to top something thats already been done, the shock is already gone.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed the premiere, but like many I also wish we'd been given two hours to get acquainted with the characters and story.

Random thoughts:
- While many people were already expecting the V's to be malevolent reptiles, I thought they could've done a much better job with the reveal. Having that resistance guy just say it took away a potentially dramatic moment in the show.
- That teenage kid needs to die. Soon.
- Too bad we didn't get to see a "Firefly" reunion with Alan Tudyck and "Anna".
- If there really are V's among us who are on our side, why don't they just reveal themselves as lizardmen to discredit Anna? Maybe they don't want to force a confrontation where humanity can't win, but we'll see if that's their rationale.
- Are they saying George W. Bush was an alien? (maybe Dick Cheney...)
- Not that I know any priests, but the guy from "The 4400" doesn't seem believable to me.
- This show has a lot of potential, but the realities of what might actually happen in terms if real world reactions need to be addressed in a believable way as to not undermine the drama they're trying to tell here.

[ November 08, 2009, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
It was an alright premiere. I almost gave up on it about halfway through. The last 20 minutes or so saved it for me. They borrowed enough from the original, but changed up enough of the characters to make it at least different enough.

They also borrowed a little from the BSG redo with the sleeper agents that have been here a while.

I'll give it the initial run before the hiatus...then I'll decide for sure.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
The fact that I watched the original killed the possibility of the show generating any real suspense. Still, I thought it was pretty good.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm still hopeful that they'll do something original in the course of the first few episodes.

Shows that are remakes of a concept have a lot to live up to in the wake of BSG.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
I'm still hopeful that they'll do something original in the course of the first few episodes.

Yeah, I have no interest in seeing some kind of starchild save the world in the last ten minutes.

Btw, how freaked out were you in the original "V" by the newborn lizard/human hybrid babies birthing scene? Freaked me the hell *OUT* when I saw it as a kid!!

I almost want to see Marc Singer make a cameo. (if Richard "Apollo" Hatch can make a comeback...)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

I love the original mini's. My dad has them on DVD, so I can borrow them any time. Alien baby was wicked cool at the time.

I'd love to see Marc, Robert, or any of the core group make a cameo. Maybe with one like you said with a semi-recurring role.

THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
how come no one says to the Visitors
Hey would you mind moving your ships to a more isolated area. The new york ship is right over central square, no sun anymore for that area.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I have one big problem with this series: if the humans actually ever defeat the aliens, then the series is over. (This is known as the Gilligan's Island syndrome - if the main conflict is ever resolved, the series' premise is undermined.) This is why V worked as a miniseries, and why I suspect it will fail as a series. Still, the show is good enough that I will keep watching for awhile.

The big question I have is: if the Visitors have such advanced technology, why don't they just take what they want? The answer, I suppose, is that the humans could easily defeat the Visitors - if they only knew how.

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So, anyone still watching this?

Or watching it again, since it came back on last night?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I watched it last nigh because my wife's into it. Me, I saw the first episode and was mildly intrigued but never watched the other three on DVR. Last night was an eerie combination of the original series' campiness and an attempt at Lost-like sophistication. Still not sure what I feel about it, but I'll probably at least watch next week's episode.

Offhand, I'd say the writing could use an upgrade, and some of the actors are pretty good while others seem pretty bad. I dunno if it's just the material they have to work with or if they're just that bad. I do like Elizabeth Mitchell (whom I miss as Lost's Juliet) and Morris Chestnut as the friendly V and the new rogueish character just introduced who's apparently filling the Michael Ironside role from the original.

Troublesome is Morena Baccarin as Anna. I can't tell if she's trying to come off as alien or if her acting here is just wooden. I liked her in Firefly/Serenity, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

We'll see what next week has in store.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.