Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Amazing Duets (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Amazing Duets
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Linda Ronstadt's 1989 Cry Like a Rainstorm, Howl Like the Wind is one of the most appropriately titled albums ever. There are several tracks that can bring a tear to my eye. Including this power ballad with Aaron Neville.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQwV3_r96BM

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
David Crosby & Jerry Garcia on "The Wall Song." (Not to be confused with that Pink Floyd song.)

I should never have let my copy of this single go. Thank god for YouTube geeks.

[Doctor Mayavale]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Wow. The Crosby and Garcia is great. You inspired a productive evening of watching Dead videos on Youtube,

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, you kids today! [Hug]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Okay, it's a Tina night:

Tina and Bryan Adams. Super hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6igcfvq2BQ

Tina and Mick from Live Aid. Was there a bad performance at Live Aid? This one was the show stopper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTLgiROX5f8

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

cleome46

Norman Granz founded the record company Pablo, which is responsible for some of the greatest acoustic jazz ever recorded in the Seventies and Eighties. Including this glorious Duke Ellington gem by Ella Fitzgerald (1917-1996) and Joe Pass (1929-1994):

"Take Love Easy," recorded in 1973. This is the title track to one of my favorite LPs ever.

--------------------

Jerry
active

Antony and George - with heartfelt appreciation to all my sisters.
Never back down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZjuSDlItMI

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

Jerry
active

Nice harmony from woman of pure class and a young man who left us too soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98rtLufeds8

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Lee Greenwood & Nancy Sinatra: Jackson

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
well i always had a soft spot for Lita Ford and Ozzie Osbourne's Close my eyes Forever

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad With Glasses
In Transit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad With Glasses           Edit/Delete Post     
Ray Charles & Betty Carter:

Every Time We Say Goodbye

YouTube link

Just gorgeous.

--------------------
"Hard times make heroes out of fools..."

From: Up On the Roof | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Some mornings you know you're just not going to get anywhere without some vintage ECM.

Steve Eliovson (guitar) and Colin Walcott (tabla), 1981, playing an instrumental called "Venice."

--------------------

cleome46

Glen Velez (drums) + Lori Cotler (vocals) = magic, Baby! magic...

[White Witch]

--------------------

cleome46

Tracy Nelson and Willie Nelson: "After The Fire Is Gone"

--------------------

cleome46

Two really good duets, both featuring that most unjustly-maligned of instruments: The banjo!

First up: Bela Fleck and Oumou Sangare: "Djorolen" ("The Worried Songbird"). Footage in the first minute is Sangare teaching some kids from her native Mali versions of her own songs, before the main duet begins.

And, The Carolina Chocolate Drops: (Dom Flemmons and Rhiannon Giddens), playing "West End Blues".

[Love]

You banjo-haters can take it to another thread. So there!

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.