Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Because YOU Demanded It... The ALL-Fringe Thread! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Because YOU Demanded It... The ALL-Fringe Thread!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, so I wasn't all that impressed by the Season 3 premiere. What'd you guys think?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
who demanded it?
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
It was totally demanded in the ALL-What Should Replace Lost and Heroes at the Top of this page thread or whatever it was called!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
oh, i see, well then proceed ....

you're not exactly selling season 3 though. (see post number 1)

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Considering the lack of comments thus far, maybe the demand wasn't as great as I thought!
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I've still only watched the first season.

See: the What Are You Watching thread for my reactions turning from hate to like to love for the show over the course of that season.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm liking the visit to the other side, because of all the odd stuff that's different. (former president John Kennedy accepting an ambassador-ship or cabinet position or something, for instance, in a newsblurb in this latest episode)

Also, given that Agents Astrid Farnsworth and Charlie Francis were my two favorite characters (general Set rule, I always like the 'lower decks' characters more than the main characters...), it's cool to see their counterparts on the other side, with a hyper-competent Astrid and a Charlie that isn't dead. [Smile]

As with pretty much all shows, the stuff that seems to go right over the professionals heads (for the purposes of maintaining a sense of drama) makes me want to slap them sometimes. Peter and Olivia seem to compete for who gets to 'be Scully' in any given episode, and remain blitheringly oblivious to the chance that something hinky is going on, when 'something hinky is going on, deal with it' is pretty much their job description.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I like the Earth-2 plot generally, but the whole "brainwashing Olivia to think she's her counterpart" thing annoyed me. I think it's just part of the general annoyance with mindwipe plots.

I was actually kind of hoping that there'd be some kind of twist in the premiere, like it would turn out that it was actually Olivia-2 we were watching and that they'd switched places again during the time between the seasons or something.

I thought the last few episodes of last season were first rate, so hopefully this season will pick up the pace quickly.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

hmm this show sounds strange. i may give it another go.

i tried the first few episodes of season one but, it seemed a bit ... i dont know ... done before. i also tried out bones season one but, they seemed to solve their crimes to easily.

Eryk Davis Ester

Oh, the first few episodes of the series aren't that great. It really picks up as the first season goes along, however.

See Blacula's post above.

THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
Fringe RULESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
How can this not be one of the replacements?
alternate universes and far better storylines then x-files ever had.
The season 3 premiere was EXCELLENT, it was very interesting watching for the differences in the universe, the one that stood out of course was..instead of CATS(broadway) it was DOGS.
I eagarly anticipate next weeks episode where we get the other side.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

watched the season premiere, now im curious about the last two episodes of season one.
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
Everyone sing
Over There Over There

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Okay, so I thought last night's episode was fantastic! It was a lot more what I was expecting from the season premiere.

I love the Walter is now the owner of Massive Dynamics!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Okay, so I thought last night's episode was fantastic! It was a lot more what I was expecting from the season premiere.

I love the Walter is now the owner of Massive Dynamics!

Well, that's a cool development!
I didn't like the premire, except for Olivia's new abilities with a gun.
Remember last season when she was dumped back here and kept the gun under her pillow even though she couldn't hold it without shaking?
Nice tie-in.

I chose Runway, though and now I might be sorry.
sigh

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.