Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Pie! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Pie!
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
This says it all.

http://www.sexyandfunny.com/image_gallery/random-photos-150_75237_73354_full.html

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm. Picture clean, but beware the ads. May not be safe for work, home, kids, inlaws, people with heart conditions.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
When I was a kid, I would eat pumpkin pie, but not squash pie. Somehow Mom always made pumpkin pie even when she had squash and no pumpkin.

Now I prefer squash pie to pumpkin pie.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Sweet potato pie. the grandmother I didn't like (cause she didn't like me) was the only person I knew that could fix it the way I liked. Others have tried over the years (including my lovely wife, but don't tell her I said this) but its never quite as good. Wife's is still good, it just ain't what I remember.

--------------------

Something pithy!

rickshaw1
Leader

Oh, and while I love raw lemons and limes, lemon pie and key lime pie suck. They just do. Very flat with very little taste to my way of thinking. But then, I love eating them raw, which is much more intense.

--------------------

Something pithy!

rickshaw1
Leader

Ummmm, Chocolate pie topped with strawberries and blackberries. :homerdrool:

--------------------

Something pithy!

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Oh, and while I love raw lemons and limes, lemon pie and key lime pie suck. They just do. Very flat with very little taste to my way of thinking. But then, I love eating them raw, which is much more intense.

My mom used to make a lemon merengue cake. It was a chocolate sheet cake topped with the lemon and merengue. Although mom's merengue was always thin and would slide off. But the lemon and chocolate really goes well together.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
On the pie vs. cake debate, I come down squarely on the side of cookies. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Cookies are not square. They are round (or at least should be) [Wink]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
They are if you use a square cookie cutter! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Ooooh, white chocolate chip macadamia cookies.

Or peanut butter cookies.

Ooh ooh ooh rice crispy peanut butter treats...

Oh God I'm hungry now.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
White chocolate chip macadamia cookie PIE!

Peanut butter cookie PIE!

(pie makes it better!)

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Whoopie Pies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
So this is what they mean when they talk about "makin' whoopie"?

So "pie" is a euphemism for...you know....?

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Wait a minute...are you saying the song "Cherry Pie" wasn't about baked goods?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.