Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » The all-"How nasty can you get about celebrities?" thread (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The all-"How nasty can you get about celebrities?" thread
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Inspired by this exchange in the Cuchi Cuchi thread:

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
[ROTFLMAO]

Well, better that Elmo gets cuchi cuchi from Charo than Katy Perry...

Yeah, he'd probably get something else from her.... [Roll Eyes]
Katy Perry makes Madonna look talented.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I bet George Clooney "self-pleasures" a lot...while looking in a mirror! Think about it, and tell me you don't think he does! [Yes]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well said, Lardy!

That's why Clooney's stayed a bachelor all these years...he can't find someone who loves him more than he loves himself!

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Funnily enough, the Family Guy spin-off American Dad had an episode that focused on one of the characters trying to get Clooney to fall in love with someone other than himself. Pretty on the nose!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

On another note, I saw the trailers for that new movie about saving the whales and, as much as I despise Drew Barrymore, I have to admit she's perfectly cast as an ugly old hippie.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Aw....SNAP! [Lash Lad - MLLASH]

--------------------

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a general hate on for "reality" stars in the vein of the Kardashians, real housewifes, teen mom etc, etc. I don't enjoy shows based on the people being assholes to everyone in their lifes.
The epitomy of my distain is a gem called Jersey Shore. Do any of the people on that show have any redeeming qualities?
Everytime it is on I feel like I'm watching drunk umpa-lumpas.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm ... so the point of this thread is to be nasty hmm? (ok, channeling my inner Joel McHale...)

-- Paula Dean admitted that she has diabetes, proving not that her food is unhealthy, but that she's an idiot because really, who the fuck eats that crap?

-- Demi Moore gets high off whip-its?? What, did she enter a "who can be trashier and more washed up than Whitney Houston" contest?
**follow-up joke: catch Madonna on the Super Bowl tonight to see if she pulls ahead...
**second follow-up joke: Hey Demi, yeah - that's Bobbie Brown calling ...

-- George Clooney is old. (that's all I got)

-- I saw Angelina Jolie with a man-purse. It's name is Brad Pitt.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Michael Jackson- in hell atta boy scouts wienie roast.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Madonna- I'd rather have somone peel my privates off with a potato peeler than watch her.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Why the hate-on for certain celebrities?

I'd be more interested in hearing about WHY you dislike certain celebs instead of just randomly dissing famous people.

If we steer a bit in that direction, I'll even participate... *glares at Tom Cruise*

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I think my reasons were clear on my previous post, so some more nastiness from me.

Keanu Reeves - He was great in Bill and Ted, to bad every single role he has had since then was played exactly the same.

Adam Sandler - Oh look, someone else who keeps playing the same role over and over again. Adam, you were mildly amusing on SNL and have gone down hill since. You are not funny and can't act. There is a reason your last movie was rated the worst movie of all time on Rotten Tomatoes. Please retire.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Adam Sandler: I did like the movie where he plays the Israeli secret agent who wants to be a hairstylist, but that's the only role I've enjoyed him in, in... wow, a LONG time.

Keanu Reeves: I have no respect for that closet case until he comes OUT of it (and probably not then either). His gayness is Hollywood's worst kept secret already.

As for reality stars, they are what the people have made them. Regular folks enjoy watching people more effed up than they are, I suppose is the only explanation.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Why all the "hate"?

Michael Jackson- pedophile. I don't care if he wasn't "convicted". No conviction is just no conviction, it isn't vindication, and it isn't a free pass. I don't by that it was "delayed childhood"or any of that other crap. Katt Williams had it right.

Madonna- Not a great singer. And for the luvva god, people have forgotten more about sex that she will ever know. I didn't need her telling me about sex when I was young, and she's gone so skanky now I wouldn't watch the superbowl til the last five minutes.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Lash raises a good point.

Generally, the celebrities that I hate are the ones who have no talent for anything other than calling attention to themselves -- in my opinion, this applies as much to Madonna as it does to reality stars. She can't sing, dance, or act, and she's never done anything that others didn't do better first.

I hate hype-machine products like George Clooney.

I also hate celebrities whose public persona is obviously a schtick -- see Drew Barrymore.

And I hate celebrities who pretend to be things they're so obviously not -- whether its Jennifer Lopez pretending that she grew up in the hood, or Keanu Reeves pretending that he's straight (good call, Lash.)

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.