Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » The all-"How nasty can you get about celebrities?" thread (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The all-"How nasty can you get about celebrities?" thread
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Michael Jackson... there was for sure something weird about that guy... but it IS possible he was an easy target for money-hungry parents. Seeing snippets of how sweet and normal his test-tube kids are have led me have doubt about the pedophilia charges. One thing is sure (to me)... he has definitley answered to a higher authority than any of us now.

Generally I lose respect for any celeb who identifies themself as a Scientologist. I haven't been able to stand Tom Cruise in many years.

Also, I have an irrational dislike for Meg Ryan. Never have liked her or any of her films.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I dislike Jim Carey & Will Ferrell. I don't find them funny at all. Jim Carey's big schtick is mugging for the camera. Plus I didn't like the homophobic bit in Ace Ventura. Will Ferrell plays the same unfunny character over and over again.

Mel Gibson I don't like because of the whole crazy anti-semitic thing. And the homophobic bit in Braveheart.

And I also dislike the "reality" stars, like Jersey Shores and the Kardashians. They don't interest me even as a train wreck.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:

I hate hype-machine products like George Clooney.

I was neutral on him until his annoying yammer about how we, the little people, should be nice to the President because whining is unworthy of us and he's "one of us" and blah effing blah.

Uh, no. He's not "one of me." He's privileged and clueless about what the peasants are living through, George. And so are you. I really don't need millionaires lecturing me about when it's okay for me to be pissed about being broke and hung out to dry. I really don't need millionaires telling me how to vote.

STFU

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Some people consider this a handsome face:

-

I'm not one of them.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not sure if I *hate* any celebrities, but Cary Elwes always seems to come off as smarmy and pretentious and I get annoyed watching him. Most of my friends *love* Princess Bride, but I can't stand it, because of him.

(Although I love the scenes with Andre the Giant!)

I have an irrational dislike of Tom Hanks, too. The last thing I liked with him in it was Splash, and I just watched that in the hopes of seeing lots of dripping-wet half-clad Daryl Hannah. [Smile]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
As [Krypto] is my witness, I have no idea who that is in FL's post.

[Confused]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cleome, it's Gavin DeGraw, a Billy Joel wannabe with screwy ideas about women.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_DeGraw

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Never heard of him...guess I should be thankful. Nobody can be Billy Joel.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catonyx
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catonyx   Email Catonyx         Edit/Delete Post     
Well said Dev - Em!

--------------------
In the present

From: Badlands | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Given some of his legendary antics, I'm not sure why anyone would want to be Billy Joel.

[Razz]

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

quote:
Originally posted by cleome45:
Given some of his legendary antics, I'm not sure why anyone would want to be Billy Joel.

[Razz]

Well, Gavin DeGraw has always come across to me as being...in a word...stupid. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Admittedly, he's hardly a celebrity outside the UK, but...can you believe this guy used to be a pop star??

-

And if you think I'm being mean, he once boasted about being illiterate. What a role model!

--------------------

cleome46

So, I was logging into Yahoo earlier and naturally couldn't avoid their big "news" page. It was very anxious to explain "The Important Thing That All Tom Cruise's Exes Have In Common."

I feel so ashamed for shooting fish in a barrel, but the first two that most readily leap to mind are, of course:

1) They all eventually figured out he's got an entire barrel's worth of screws loose.

2) They're all the gender he's not actually attracted to.

Anyone else want to add a few?

--------------------

the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
Umm, FL? I have no idea who that former pop star is either.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
3) they all are blood suckers who knowingly took $$ to act like a beard for serious portions of their lives.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.