Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » The Hunger Games

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Hunger Games
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Has anybody else seen the film and/or read the books?

Here are my thoughts.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Despite the fact I'm usually not for 'big craze' book/movies like Harry Potter or Twilight, I did end up reading the Hunger Games ironically the day the movie came out. I was at someone's house and woke up early with nothing to do and the book was right there. Figured I'd see what the fuss was about.

I ended up really loving it. I wasn't obsessed and tearing my hair out as I waited for the next book, but it was a fun adventure. I ended up reading all three books the past week and saw the movie, which I enjoyed and would possibly see again.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Both myself and the better half plan to read the books fairly soon. We have them on our Kindles, just need to start.
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Great. I look forward to your comments, Virdie.

Future, I agree: Anytime a film or book is trumpeted as "the next _____" ("the next Harry Potter," in this case), I usually have a visceral reaction against it. But I'm glad I saw The Hunger Games: It's an intelligent action/adventure film (which can too often be an oxymoron).

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Wait a minute! Isn't this still the internet? And nobody's said "The Hunger Games" is just a rip-off of "Battle Royale" yet?

Just kidding, I liked the series and the movie was pretty good as well, even if it was a little watered down.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Yeah, I know about "Battle Royale," matlock, though I haven't watched enough of it to gauge how much of a rip-off HG is.

There are no original ideas. It's what the author does with the idea that counts.

--------------------

Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
*sigh* Josh Hutcherson.
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by matlock:
Wait a minute! Isn't this still the internet? And nobody's said "The Hunger Games" is just a rip-off of "Battle Royale" yet?

Just kidding, I liked the series and the movie was pretty good as well, even if it was a little watered down.

I recently watched Battle Royale ... that was fun!

------

In the Hunger Games movie, did it strike anyone else that

Click Here For A Spoilershe basically slept through the entire battle!!

[shrug] [LOL]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reflekto
New Blood

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reflekto           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Anita Cocktail:
*sigh* Josh Hutcherson.

what ? who dis Mr. Josh Hutcherson!

Nam'Lor use energo on that guy ! Nam'Lor SMASH!

From: Xanthu | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh relax, Nam dear.

We can share him. He's very girlie!

From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Recently read the three books... I liked the movie... Jennifer Lawrence was a good choice for Katniss... the second and third books might prove a little more difficult to translate to the big screen...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.