Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Let's Fake Produce a new Hulk Movie!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Let's Fake Produce a new Hulk Movie!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
So, the consenus is the big 'show stealer' of the Avengers smash hit--which freaking rawked by the way--is the Hulk & Bruce Banner. Director Joss Whedon & his crew made the Hulk awesome, scary and charming (sometimes all at once), while actor Mark Ruffalo did a phenominal job at playing Bruce Banner. This leads me to wish that one day soon, Ruffalo and Whedon reteam and finally deliver a Hulk movie that is so good, it makes your face melt off!

So, let's get to it?

- Who should the antagonists be? I'm thinking we need some old fashioned super-villains here. Some lesser tier guys for the Hulk to smash (Dev smartly suggested either the U-Foes or the Wrecking Crew) and then a big bad pulling the strings. The Leader is the obvious choice, but perhaps others work too.

- Who should play Betty?

- Time for Rick & Marlo? I say yes. Thoughts? Who should be cast?

- General Ross -- time to move on or try to do something original? If the latter, who to cast? I actually think it might be time to let Ross move on, or at least give him more of a supporting role away from the main plot.

- Any other characters that should be involved? Doc Samson? I personally think She-Hulk in a Hulk movie would *not* be the way to go.

I think a solid Hulk movie could benefit from an adventure-type tone; a bit of a mash-up between Marvel Monster Comics and pulpy stories from the 30's for the 'Hulk' scenes. Meanwhile, Ruffalo delivers the Banner aspects on a more character driven level in his scenes. Multiple locations for the Hulk could add to the fun--the desert a bit; the Canadian wilderness for a bit; a major city; a small town. All classic locations for the Hulk.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Movies tend to be trilogies right now.

I'd personally go with a revamped for movies Wrecking Crew for the first one. A revamped U-foes for round two, also featuring Nathan Fillion as Leonard Samson (a little cgi magic to make him seem a little smaller at first until he ends up changing as well.

Then for the finale, The Leader revealed. Threatening Banners loved ones. He kidnaps his cousin Jennifer Walters, who gets wounded very badly in the finale...to be saved by Leonard and Bruce at the end. All I need to do is find someone that can play She Hulk, who would be revealed in the closing credits...leaduing to her being added to the Avengers movie that would be after that.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Throw in a few other lackeys in the Third installment for them to fight, and you've got a grand adventure.

Casting choices coming soon.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Stacey Kiebler as She-Hulk! She space-rawks!

I'm not sure the Wrecking Crew can pull a whole movie off as the villains. The need a little something extra backing them up in the 'big bad' league, which is why I would think the Leader should be in the first movie too.

For the Wrecker, I pick the guy who played "Keamy" from Lost. He was also Little John in the Ridley Scott / Russell Crowe Robin Hood movie.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This is such an amazing coincidence -- I came up with this outline for a Hulk re-imagining a while ago, then never got back to it.

EDIT: I almost forgot I set it circa 1986, thus the Cold War references.

1. At Gamma Base in the American Southwest, Doctor Robert Bruce Banner feels oppressed by his superiors, Major Talbot and General Ross, and can’t express his longing for Ross’ daughter Betty, Gamma Base’s tour guide. During one tour, a teenager named Rick Jones is dared by his friends to sneak into the core of the base, where the Gamma Bomb is secretly being created. Rick follows Banner and his assistant, Ian, who have security clearance. When Banner discovers Rick, this gives Ian, actually a Communist spy named Igor, a chance to activate the self-destruct mechanism, clobber Banner and Rick, and escape in the chaos. Rick and Banner recover quickly and Banner tells Rick to run while he overrides the self-destruct mechanism. But some of the radiation escapes and Banner is bathed in it. Security seemingly rescues Banner, but when he regains consciousness after the decontamination process, he turns into a monstrous musclebound grey-skinned thug, kidnaps Betty, and escapes amid much wreckage.

2. While Gamma Base is trying to tie up the loose ends of the crisis, they plot a cover-up with the help of U.S. Secret Intelligence spook Clay Quartermain, who asserts that Banner must be captured or destroyed if necessary. Banner tracks Igor to a secret Communist base in the American desert, and attacks, only to discover that the Communists have created their own monster, the Abomination.

3. The Hulk and the Abomination fight. The Abomination wins and the Hulk turns back into Banner, much to Betty’s horrified surprise. Before Banner and Betty can be executed, the U.S. military raids the base. Amid the chaos, Banner panics, triggering a transformation into an even more powerful monster, this one with green skin and the mind and vocabulary of a two-year-old.

4. A ferocious battle between the army, the spies, and the monsters leads to the deaths of Igor and his boss, the Gargoyle, the capture of the Abomination, and the escape of the Hulk.

5. While the Hulk becomes an unlikely hero through his defeat of the costumed criminal the Rhino during a bank robbery, Doctors Leonard Samson and Karla Sofen are brought in to analyze the Abomination. Samson offers himself as a guinea pig to siphon off the Abomination’s power under controlled conditions, turning him into a green-haired adonis. Unknown to everybody, Sofen is secretly a spy for an Illuminati-like global alliance and has her own plans for the gamma energy. And the U.S. government sends the Fantastic Four after the Hulk.

6. The Hulk and the Thing battle, but they are too evenly matched. The Hulk gets the FF to back off by endangering the Human Torch.

7. Despite Samson’s lack of combat training or experience, the desperate government sends him to stop the Hulk. Thanks to his cunning, they succeed.

8. Banner recalls his traumatic childhood to Samson, while tests results show that each of the Hulk’s transformations brings him closer to becoming a completely mindless savage. Meanwhile, Sofen bathes one of her patients, an autistic misfit named Sam Sterns, and turns him into a genius, the Leader.

9. As a reward for her success, Sofen is given an alien rock that turns her into Moonstone. When the army raids one of her organization’s bases, she fights them, killing Colonel Armbruster, outfighting Samson and capturing Banner.

10. Banner, his transformations controlled by inhibitor devices, is offered a Faustian bargain by the Leader and Moonstone: the merging of his intellect with the Hulk’s strength, in exchange for re-creating the Gamma Bomb. When Banner refuses, they play their Ace card: turning Betty into the Harpy and unleashing her on Banner.

11. The Harpy refuses to kill Banner, and the monster lovers escape. They track down Rick Jones and persuade him to give them shelter. Meanwhile, the Gargoyle’s vengeful son, the Gremlin, creates an electrical super-monster, Zzaxx, and lets it run amok in America.

12. The Hulk and the Harpy battle Zzaxx until the Harpy is knocked out and the Hulk is apparently killed.

13. U.S. Intelligence sponsors the revival of Banner, but during an argument with her father, Betty transforms into a savage version of the Harpy which outfights Samson and escapes. Moonstone and the Leader capture and tell U.S. Intelligence that they will kill her unless Banner is turned over to them.

14. Banner, once again outfitted with inhibitors, re-creates the Gamma Bomb. Several bombs are quickly produced, and the alliance informs the most powerful nations on the planet that they have been targeted for destruction unless they surrender to the alliance. The Leader, over Moonstone’s objections, launches one of the bombs before negotiations are completed.

15. Banner’s emotions override the inhibitors and he becomes a completely savage Hulk, leaping onto the bomb while the army invades the alliance’s fortress and the Fantastic Four find a way to re-direct the bomb towards an asteroid belt in outer space, where it detonates with the Hulk still clinging to it. Is this the end of the Hulk?

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie? Dev?

Let's please not let this thread die before its time.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Sorry for delay in reply--just been an awful week in RL. I meant to reply a few days ago.

I love the outline! Great usage of a wide variety of characters and in a way that ties them all together pretty seamlessly. Would love to see Quartermane and Talbot in those rolls again and would love the usage of Moonstone like that!

Movie wise--any usage of Samson will subsequently have to end in a scenario where Hulk is the hero and Samson the heel. Either Samson loses contol (ironically brute must reign in the more sophisticated man) or outright is bad; I'd prefer the former with the Doc not dying either. Perhaps the best way to use Samson is via Fanfie's awesome idea to use Moonstone? Dr. Sofen manipulates a gamma-irradiated Samson who does not realize his emotions are off from the rays?

Dev - Em
KIA

Be back here real soon. The accident kinda derailed a few things.
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

Movie wise--any usage of Samson will subsequently have to end in a scenario where Hulk is the hero and Samson the heel. Either Samson loses contol (ironically brute must reign in the more sophisticated man) or outright is bad; I'd prefer the former with the Doc not dying either. Perhaps the best way to use Samson is via Fanfie's awesome idea to use Moonstone? Dr. Sofen manipulates a gamma-irradiated Samson who does not realize his emotions are off from the rays?

Superb ideas! Thanks, Cobie.

During the interim, I was thinking that the sequel could introduce the U-Foes, characters I've always loved, especially the way Peter David used them in the Ghosts of the Past arc from his Hulk run (Vector using his powers to flay the Hulk alive...genius.) I'm thinking that instead of replicating the accident that created the Fantastic Four, they could be sort of like the evil FF analogs from Planetary, a government-sponsored space mission that ended in disaster and the government have been trying to keep a lid on it ever since.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Ooh, I Iike that much better! It also gives the perfect tie-in to Clay Quartermane, Shield (Fury, Hill, Sitwell, etc) and even Talbot.

I also think Talbot should be played as slightly heroic and dashing--not a complete creep. Like a real option for Betty.

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Agreed on Talbot, but the 'stache has to go. [Yes] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Yea. Unless Clark Gable sent forward in time is playing him, no 'stache.

So who would be a good Betty? I love Jennifer Connely but the moment has passed and she got stuck with Ang Lee's movie.

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Betty...hmmm...God, I'm so out of the loop with modern movie stars...whoever she is, she should be able to pull off the short peroxided 'do that she acquired during Peter David's Hulk run.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.