Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Mllash falling down on the job! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mllash falling down on the job!
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
1996: Doing my boring mailroom gig for the sixth year in a row, still co-renting a second floor walk-up/duplex with the other crazy cat lady.

Not much else sticks out in my mind. I would have been buying alternative comics, still, but no superhero stuff. I would have been trying to draw and write comics, most of which are mercifully consigned to the trash now.

I was still buying old music on cassette. I don't even think I had my own CD player until after I co-purchased my first house. That was still a year off.

My consuming passion at this time was MST3K, along with re-watching WB cartoons on Saturday morning. I probably heard some of these songs in the mailroom at work, but otherwise I wouldn't have paid them much attention.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
*slowly unlimbers pimphan'...

Good job, mon frere!

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
You'll have to excuse Ric here Lashie...he's still recovering from the new seat in the bathroom.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The Glitter-Loo!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
>shudders< tha horror.... tha horror!

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
In 1996, I was the title character of the Morrissey song "The Girl Least Likely To," writing furiously but getting nowhere, with an unhealthy aversion to criticism and an even more unhealthy aversion to socializing. I wanted to break into comics, but at the same time I was repulsed by what was happening in comics at the time. Little did I know that everything would come crashing down around me the next year, leaving the rest of the 90s to a slow, gradual recovery and a re-acquaintance with the world outside.

The only songs on those lists that I liked are the ones by Garbage.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, taking a better look at the lists, I did find one other one that I liked:

76. As I Lay Me Down » Sophie B. Hawkins

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash:

MTV Top 100 of 1996

13. Always Be My Baby -- Mariah Carey
15. Macarena -- Los Del Rio
45. Counting Blue Cars -- Dishwalla
63. It's Coming Back to Me Now -- Celine Dion

I first encountered Always Be My Baby because of American Idol's David Cook. I never actually bothered to listen to Mariah Carey's version until now... And I prefer David Cook's.

Ah, the Macarena. Considering all the local shows at that time had all their celebrities dancing to it... Sigh.

Of course I know Celine Dion's song... it pops up every so often when we do karaoke.

The only reason I know Counting Blue Cars is because this girl I used to like recommended it to me. Nothing came out of that, though.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Mr. Mllash,

Have you recently fallen down on the job? Have you suffered injuries such as a sprained ankle, a bump on the head, or death? Then you may be entitled to compensation! Please contact the law offices of Pyponte, Le Parc, and Ah! We're looking out for you!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

You secretly tripped him, din'tcha...admit it! ya' did!

--------------------

Something pithy!

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
At Pyponte, Le Parc, and Ah, we don't chase the ambulances, we let the ambulances chase us!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Lots of cool Garbage, No Doubt, Smashing Pumpkins and Red Hot Chili Peppers on that first list. The second, not so much...

Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs & Harmony is one of my favorite rap songs. Funky video, too.

I had almost forgotten Hootie & the Blowfish even existed. I remember an interview with Garbage asking where they had gotten their name, and they joked that it was the only one left, that the recording company makes a list of names each year, and everyone they sign has to choose one of them, and when they got there to sign, all that was left was 'Garbage' and 'Hootie & the Blowfish,' and (at the time, Hootie was super-popular), 'they apparently chose the wrong one.'

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.