Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Iron Man 3 Trailer Discussion?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Iron Man 3 Trailer Discussion?
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't see one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EjG-1U3wqA

Well, this one definitely looks better than the second movie! I'm hoping RDJ had a bit less writing input with the screenplay this time and left it to people who do it better.

Despite seeing someone who looks suspiciously like Iron Patriot (though i've read it's not), the whole thing looks a LOT like the Mask in the Iron Man arc from the late 90's. I like the Extremis storyline, but the shots of Tony working the suit separately from himself with that headgear makes me wish that I could have both! It was one of my favorite arcs of Iron Man!

P.S. Thanks for moving this to the proper board! <33

[ October 23, 2012, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Conjure Lass ]

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
No prob [Smile]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
*HUGS* You're the bestest! Senior moment! <333
From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and I agree, it looks fantastic! I'm pumped about Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin as it looks like they plan to do it right.

The Iron Man movies have done the impossible and made start to really enjoy Gwenneth Paltrow! I'm actually excited for what's next for Tony / Pepper after their really likable moments in the Avengers movie.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass

Now see, I haaaated her in that second movie. I thought they gave her a terrible case of "girlfriend syndrome" as me and my friends are fond of calling it. She was SO LIKABLE in the first movie, but was SO ABRASIVE in the second.

I'm hoping for a return of likable!Pepper in this new movie.

Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
Looking good! I LOVE that they're adapting the Extremis storyline, since that's my personal favorite take on the character.
From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass

quote:
Originally posted by Jay Kay:
Looking good! I LOVE that they're adapting the Extremis storyline, since that's my personal favorite take on the character.

I liked that storyline myself! It looks to be the makings of a great movie! [Big Grin] I keep hoping it's going to mix in the sentient armor though. That would make for a very fun movie, to have the armor independent of Tony.
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Kinda woulda preferred Chow Yun Fat (or some other Asian actor who can do gravitas) as the Mandarin, but whatcha gonna do?
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Kinda woulda preferred Chow Yun Fat (or some other Asian actor who can do gravitas) as the Mandarin, but whatcha gonna do?

I wouldn't be surprised if they do something similar to how they approached Ra's al Ghul in the Nolan movies, where Ra's al Ghul is the title of the head of the organization, that the man who was once Ducard took control of, explaining why a Brit had an Arabic name, and would explain here why a half-Brit/half-Indian man is called The Mandarin.
From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
This is starting to look really good.

I was a little worried after The Avengers on how the transition back to solo movies would go, but this has me excited again.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.