Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller), 17 Murran Spies, and 106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/17/24 05:09 PM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by thoth lad - 06/17/24 04:58 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 06/17/24 04:27 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/17/24 11:08 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/17/24 10:20 AM
Why he was arrested.
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/17/24 03:18 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: 2.7 Unnatural Alliances - Spoilers & Images
#611445 11/18/07 06:54 PM
Active
Active
star boy rocks.

but my favorite part was Imperix's bed time story. can't you just see the sitcom possibilities: he's a universe conquering tyrant left to raise a genius level son. 1 and a half conquerers. CBS mondays

#611446 11/18/07 09:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Yeah I really liked Starboy's action sequences.

I'm not a fan of the whole Imperiex storyline for season 2 but the scenes with the boy were full of goofy fun.

So Chuck is the third component of Lu's tri-jitsu technique now? They should go ahead and get married. That'll show the bratlings something really icky, right Lash?

#611447 11/18/07 09:16 PM
Active
Active
It was a very good episode. Star Boy in a speaking role, Duo Damsel and Bouncing Boy back, the plot took the Imperiex storyline further and Kell's characterization was great even though he's a little "theatrical" at times.
I have only one thing to nitpick that Quislet, Esq mentioned before. Use of lethal force. We didn't know they were robots and I thought "hey, Legionnaires don't kill".

#611448 11/18/07 11:09 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
You know... I was actually pretty freaked out by the poor robot dog getting smashed...

#611449 11/19/07 09:12 AM
L
lm8 Offline
Substitute
Substitute
L
There were two things I was wondering about after I watched this show. Maybe some other Legion fans could shed some light on these.

First, I'm assuming Kell-El's Legion ring was a way for the kid, Abel, to be able to survive in space without a space suit. Maybe some more experienced Legion fans can fill in the gaps on that one. They never mentioned in the show what the flight ring does other than help people fly and possibly work in conjuction with communications. Although, one episode last season showed Superman turn off the communications using the Legion belt, so I'm not at all sure how their communications system officially works at this point (other than having Saturn Girl telepathically tell someone something if she's not unconscious).

Second, and this may not have been specifically in this episode, but during this season, Computo has had the voice of Brainiac 5. Am sure in Brain Drain last season, Computo sounded different. I'm wondering what happened that would have caused the change in the computer's voice. Might be something interesting the writers could get into a story-line and explain or an interesting topic for fan speculation.

Since, there were a few posts mentioning the violence, I have to mention I was surprised to find out Abel's caretaker was a robot as well. Didn't appear that way at the beginning of the episode. That was an interesting point about the ethics of just wiping out robots when they might be as sentient as Brainiac 5 though. Wonder if they have a test in the 31st century for whether a being is considered sentient or not. Seems like the line is getting rather blurred.

#611450 11/20/07 01:28 AM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Originally posted by Dain:

I have only one thing to nitpick that Quislet, Esq mentioned before. Use of lethal force. We didn't know they were robots and I thought "hey, Legionnaires don't kill".
It's clear from the intro that the Legionnaires know who Terra Man is, so they probably already know that he and his lackeys are robots, even if it isn't immediately clear to the viewer.

Originally posted by Im8
They never mentioned in the show what the flight ring does other than help people fly and possibly work in conjuction with communications.
As with Kell-El's seemingly unlimited array of powers, the flight rings seem to be ill-defined in the cartoon, able to fill whatever plot purposes are necessary.

In spite of such conveniences (and the notion that Star Boy can create an entire planet! Jeepers! People threw a fit when the preboot Thom sank Atlantis into the ocean!), I enjoyed this episode. It had some elements of "The Terminator" in it, but they weren't too distracting. The focus on Kell actually worked, as he was given difficult choices: whether or not to kill Abel and whether or not to join forces with Terra Man. (It was a foregone conclusion that he wouldn't actually betray the Legion, but, for a moment there, the Legion must have wondered!)

Since Abel now knows what his future holds, one wonders if he can make a different choice in his career path.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#611451 11/20/07 09:16 AM
R
Applicant
Applicant
R
The whole show was really good and they did a great job. I enjoy learning about the villins past but my only guestion is

How is Kell parnets still alive? I thought they were dead and how could they make another "protecter"

SMILE Because the rest of the world isn't
#611452 11/20/07 11:17 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Originally posted by Reader:
The whole show was really good and they did a great job. I enjoy learning about the villins past but my only guestion is

How is Kell parnets still alive? I thought they were dead and how could they make another "protecter"
Easy: they made him before they died (maybe before Kell-El was created!), and sent him back before Kell-El went back to recruit the Legion. It's time travel; it makes stuff like this a lot easier to revise.

#611453 11/20/07 03:22 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I liked it. Abel was a bit annoying. His face certainly had that knock-off animation face.

Loved seeing Star Boy and Duo Damsel in action. This may be my favorite Lu costume ever!

The Imperiex overall storyline? Eh. I know most cartoons have their archenemy (Mumm-Ra, Skeletor, Mon*Star, Dr. Scarab, etc). But I would have preferred Mordu or the Time Trapper.

Still I'm impressed how they used Imperiex with usual Legion villains.

#611454 11/23/07 02:23 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Good episode. Really hate that Kell had to swallow his pride and team-up with Imperiex. I know it was short lived, but to me it that just made a mockery of everything Kell stands for. I really hate seeeing men of valor and passion torn down by things like. Erks me, even though its just a cartoon.

Jin Rai!!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,234
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires