Roll Call
0 members (), 51 Murran Spies, and 107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/03/24 08:36 AM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/03/24 08:28 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/03/24 02:29 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:58 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:53 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:50 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 06/02/24 07:35 PM
What I found today at my LCS!
by thoth lad - 06/02/24 03:22 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Re: The Titan du jour!
#139523 11/21/11 08:16 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
<span style="font-size: 24px;"> TERRA </span>

[Linked Image]

Terra was WAY ahead of her time. Way before Hit-Girl.

#139524 11/21/11 08:23 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
She made me squirm, but I guess that was the whole point.

To paraphrase the captions from the climax of the Judas Contract, sometimes people are just mean and nasty.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#139525 11/21/11 08:44 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
She made me squirm too, before she was exposed, when she was needy and manipulative, and after ... even more when she was smoking cigars and (probably/was she ?) sleeping with Deathstroke, trying to kill our Titans ... and then she eventually totally lost it in the battle at the end of the Judas contract ... and buried herself.

She was totally mental.

What I did really like about her, was seeing her in action, she was so good at using her powers, and was very powerful .... She kicked butt along side the Titans and then pretty much kicked their butts. She was awesome in battle. too bad she was meant to be a traitor.

#139526 11/21/11 08:48 PM
She didn't mess around, that's for sure.

I'm a big fan of her brother, Geo-Force.

#139527 11/21/11 08:53 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Geo Force is awesome, I was just going to say how .... did they end up so different ?

I don't buy any kidnapping story making her bad either, and I think Terra made that up anyway ... maybe she WAS just bad.

I really enjoyed the Justice League: The Nail story when Geo Force was the strongest man on Earth since Clark wasn't Superman yet.

Geo Force the Man of Iron.

#139528 11/21/11 09:02 PM
I love, love, LOVE the first JLA: The Nail. It was a HUGE influence on my writing.

And I don't think the second one is as bad as a lot of people think it is.

#139529 11/22/11 01:59 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
um... can I just say I love the Titans discussion that PB and FL (and everyone else) have had going on for the past few pages. smile The Titans was such a great universe of characters and stories once and it's been fun reading your remembrances of it.

Some quick notes of my own -

* Donna - like her; don't love her the way so many others seem to. Partly because her whole den mother persona is a bit boring to me and partly because her whole convoluted back-story makes her hard to get a handle on. I also *HATE* that starfield costume she sports that is completely just a feminized version of Star Boy's costume. Give her her own unique costume (and super-hero name - "Donna Troy" as a heroic identity doesn't work for me) I say. I liked her best in the Wolfman/Perez years. Then, she had a great costume and identity and I really liked her friendship with Kory and Dick.

* Lilth - love with the power of a thousand burning suns. Will never ever forgive Judd Winick for his sloppy killing of her, or that whole craptackular series it occurred in. The absolute nadir of Titans story-telling IMO. I wish she had never become Omen though. Wearing that ugly robe and being Raven-lite went against everything that made Lilith great.

* Mas y Menos - I think they've only appeared in like 3 DCU Titans comics and were never featured heavily in them, but they were fun in the cartoon and I've got nothing against them. That 'Teen Titans Go' cartoon was *really good* IMO actually. It took me a while to warm up to it but it ended up creating a really wonderful, slightly different version of the Titans that we all know and love. And SO many of them showed up in the show. Was such a hoot seeing characters like Herald and Killowatt and all the rest that I never thought I'd see animated make not just cameos but get actual important roles.

Red Star - rocks! Love Leonid! I first saw him in Crisis and always wondered what franchise that Russian character was from. I prefer him in green to that red/yellow thing - but I do love that Titans Hunt and just post it era (until the hideous NTT #100) that introduced that outfit and featured him so prominently. Of all the Titans, I've always thought of Red Star as the most ready for the JLA or JLI or whatever. Dick, Donna, Vic and all the others belong in the Titans IMO, but I think Leonid has the power and the personality/authority to make the leap to the JLA.

Captain Marvel Jnr. - is also my favourite member of the Marvel Family but I never liked him in the Titans. Even though I think I actually voted for him to join it back when that reader-voted membership election was held! haha Does anyone else remember that? Two developments that have really lessened my appreciation of Freddy Freeman in (fairly) recent years though - 1) that stupid CM3 name - what an interesting codename. NOT!; and 2) that he no longer needs the crutch to walk with. Everyone complains about DC taking Barbara Gordon out of the wheel chair but what about healing Freddy's lame leg?! Turning him from a disabled mortal into a super-powered mini-God was such a big part of Freddy's wish-fulfillment appeal IMO. I really hate that they took that away from him.

* Terra - great character obviously and from such an awesome era of the Titans too. I was just admiring the Perez covers from that era over on comics.org and it suprised me to realise that even though Terra seemed like such a big part of that era, she never showed up until issue #28 and was dead after just over a year. She certainly made a big impact on the team and that's despite the run of stories preceding her introduction being so very, very good too.

P.S. Another big fan of 'JLA: The Nail' here too. That was the book that made me realise - "Hey, these Elseworlds comics can actually be pretty good!". Great suspense and tension and wonderful to see so many obscure characters get moments to shine. The sequel was OK but suffered from too much going on. But I'll always love it for at least showing that Colossal Boy didn't stay dead after the events of Superboy's Legion. smile

#139530 11/22/11 03:13 PM
Thanks, Blacula.

Glad to know someone likes Leonid even more than I do. If just about anyone other than Dan Jurgens was writing JLI, I'd want to see him there, and then graduate to the JLA (if just about anyone other than Geoff Johns was writing JLA.)

#139531 11/22/11 09:40 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
<span style="font-size: 24px;">AQUA GIRL</span>
(There are as many Aqua Girl's as there are Power Boy's!!)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I kind of liked this Kingdom Come version of Tula, Aqua Girl, as a bad girl hero BUT who names their child after a long lost girlfriend, GARTH!!!

[Linked Image]

#139532 11/25/11 12:49 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I liked both Tula and Lorena. Both were decently strong characters who could hold their own even out of water. Tula was more than "just" Garth's girlfriend, while Lorena's interactions with Bombshell helped keep the drama up without being grating.

#139533 11/25/11 05:05 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
[snip]

Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
That bird guy (Azrael) was a terrible wimp and an annoying whiner. I wish he'd been the one who got offed in Crisis instead of Kole...
I tend to agree, though I'm never a fan of killing off characters.

This from somebody that likes her heroes somewhat sentimental and/or neurotic, but NOT when that's the sum total of their entire shtick.

I'm pretty sure Azrael was why I quit reading the damn book.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#139534 11/27/11 12:41 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
AZRAEL

[Linked Image]
(courtesy of titans tower)

A turkey for Thanksgiving weekend.

He's supposed to be the 'angel of death' maybe that's why he's so depressed.

#139535 11/27/11 12:44 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by cleome45:

Azrael did warm me up for dropping the book but, the Donna Troy led team of not so super Titans (a sick wally, speedy, hawk, and Jason Todd) that also helped ... but Danny Chase finished me off.

#139536 11/27/11 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Power Boy:
Originally posted by cleome45:
[b]
Azrael did warm me up for dropping the book but, the Donna Troy led team of not so super Titans (a sick wally, speedy, hawk, and Jason Todd) that also helped ... but Danny Chase finished me off. [/b]
The saddest part is, the book LOOKED great during this time, thanks to Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez and the ever-underrated Eduardo Barreto.

#139537 11/27/11 10:44 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That picture above makes me want to punch Azrael in the face.

"STOP CRYING!!! I'M GOING TO HIT YOU UNTIL YOU STOP CRYING!!!"

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#139538 11/27/11 11:06 AM
Originally posted by LASHbrain:
That picture above makes me want to punch Azrael in the face.

"STOP CRYING!!! I'M GOING TO HIT YOU UNTIL YOU STOP CRYING!!!"
I keep thinking that with the open mouth and the watery eyes, it must be allergies. Offer him some high-grade antihistamines-- stat!

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#139539 11/27/11 11:07 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
May I beat him with the package first?

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#139540 11/27/11 11:08 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Azrael affects me like Charma does women...

#139541 11/27/11 01:24 PM
Originally posted by LASHbrain:
May I beat him with the package first?
Well, I guess technically that counts as "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle..."

[hugs tree]

DoctorMayavale ChlorophyllKid

#139542 11/27/11 02:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:

The saddest part is, the book LOOKED great during this time, thanks to Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez and the ever-underrated Eduardo Barreto.
That was nice when he drew all those Titans of myth in their realms especially. I really liked how he drew flying people, as if they were gliding or really in the wind rather than just supernaturally in the air like everyone else does.

#139543 11/27/11 02:35 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
He was easily duped:

[Linked Image]

Was THIS guy really more interesting than Charlie Parker ??

(I'm referencing some creator quotes I commente don over in the Faces of Death thread about how everyone said Charlie parker was uninteresting, and there were a lot of other characters like him)

#139544 11/27/11 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Power Boy:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:

[b]The saddest part is, the book LOOKED great during this time, thanks to Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez and the ever-underrated Eduardo Barreto.
That was nice when he drew all those Titans of myth in their realms especially. I really liked how he drew flying people, as if they were gliding or really in the wind rather than just supernaturally in the air like everyone else does. [/b]
Yeah, Garcia-Lopez is that rare comic book artist who's not only a great draftsman, but also displays an amazing understanding of space and dynamics. With most comic book artists, it's either one or the other.

#139545 11/28/11 08:37 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I really thought that Azrael would be worth several pages of thread just 'in the making fun of him way' at least !

Where's the hate??? wink

#139546 11/28/11 08:39 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
This one goes out to our special lil' tater tot out there.

<span style="font-size: 24px;"> DUELA DENT </span>

[Linked Image]

(from Titans tower)

[Linked Image]

Batgirl sure is mean.

[Linked Image]

Is it Doola ? Like someone who helps you give birth ? Or Dwayla ?

#139547 11/28/11 08:44 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  Caliente, Fanfic Lady 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,864
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Jesse Jackson
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Nightcrawler
Nightcrawler
San Diego, CA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star