Roll Call
2 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester, Gaseous Lad), 25 Murran Spies, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/28/24 05:07 PM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by Gaseous Lad - 05/28/24 05:02 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Gaseous Lad - 05/28/24 05:02 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/28/24 03:11 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/28/24 03:08 AM
R.I.P. Rachel Pollack
by Ann Hebistand - 05/27/24 04:12 PM
DC Pride 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 05/27/24 04:11 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 08:57 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: SLOSH #20: SPOILERS
#24606 07/21/06 10:40 AM
Honorary
Honorary
I guess I'm glad Cos is not going to be going after Saturn Girl again, but damn, this just integrates Superbrittney further into the scenario. And it will lead to more angst when she goes home (Grife, let that be soon...go home...or get killed by Mordru, or the Persuader, or Zaryan, or Roxxas, or Zoraz, or Doctor Mayavale...SOMEBODY).

I'll admit Cos has a pretty good shot, though--blue eyes, dark hair. He does look vaguely like Clark...

On to more pleasant things:

Brainy's scheme to revive Dream Girl comes into a bit of focus (not going to say it makes sense, but it comes into focus)...

And the giants were created by Bizarro Brainiac? I'm not sure whether that's funny or more sloppy storytelling. Nah, I'll call it funny for now, especially since by definition Bizarro Brainiac should be a drooling, barely verbal moron ("Narf, Zort...").

"I will drill a hole through my head. You cannot stop me."
#24607 07/21/06 11:08 AM
M
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
M
Originally posted by duck458:
Why didn’t it occur to anyone to read the agreement that they have with the UP? I guess for the same reason no one thought to send Dream Girl’s body to her parents. Have they checked Supergirl to make sure that she’s human and not a techno-organic construct? Legion of asSuming Heroes, perhaps? But thats shows how young they are. I loved that this read more like a Legion story than other issues of this run have.
Well, I'll give them a pass on the Dream Girl thing; Brainy said he'd taken care of it, and why wouldn't they believe him? I think they did check Supergirl out (didn't they?), but you're right: someone should have read the sale-of-immortal-soul contract. This is the second thing that's come out of it to bite them, Dream Boy being the first. I hope someone reads it now; they really have no excuse for letting everything take them by surprise like this.

#24608 07/21/06 11:43 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I went into this issue being pessimistic(as usual?). Last issue was so good that I was conviced this would be a let down. But I wasn't as let down as I thought. Ofcourse I am back to not buying. smile I jumped on for the Cham story and decided to give the next issue a try. It didn't convince me.

I liked the main story of how the Legion are seen as sell outs now. Cool and understandable. I thought DeKraker looked good. Good for a fill-in artist. Barry is god when it comes to this series. If anyone replaces him full time I want George Perez. smile But DeKraker did pretty good here!

I liked the mention of L.E.G.I.O.N. Though it scares me. Any 21st century involvement scares me when it comes to the Legion. Plus while I think L.E.G.I.O.N. to be pretty cool concept I don't like the acronym. Never did. Thought it was forced. Still do. smile

But I do like the Brainy/Dream Girl/ Lemnos plot. And now I do know Brainy is CRAZY!

I like the UP forcing a member onto the team. Dream Boy though is one of more foolish looking characters I've ever seen. I hope he dies soon. smile

Bizarro Brainiac? ugh. This title just got a boost from Supergirl. I suggest the Waid dorky fanboy stuff to be left out. I know he did backflips when DC is trying so hard to escape a what they thought was a dark age (aka silver age obssessed eye glasses). And he wanted to make Batman fat and happy. But Bizarro Brainiac? Ugh. Same with the giants? Kinda silly. Do they strive for silly? Atleast Barcelona and Sagrada Familia was in there. I've been there and it's one of my favorite cities and cathedrals in the world. Looks like the cathedral was finally finished by the 31st century. wink

As for Rokk and Supergirl. I don't mind them changing some of the relationships. The only classic ones IMO are Garth/Imra, Mon-el/Shady, Ultra Boy/Phantom Girl.

They lost me at Bizarro Brainiac. My usual comment of this Legion has SO much potential but seems to be stuck in that awkward growing phase. I am waiting for them to bloom. Maybe a new writer. smile

#24609 07/21/06 02:33 PM
Leader
Leader
What exactly does this entire city of giants eat? It seems to me they'd wipe out Earth's food supplies in months. And I don't even want to think about where their waste goes when they flush the space toilet. Is there a new McMurdo mountain range somewhere?

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#24610 07/21/06 02:35 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
They did say that there was alot of unspoiled land out where they are in Anartica. Maybe they farm that since it is no longer the magnetic south anymore.

#24611 07/21/06 03:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Koymc Dox:

Nah, I'll call it funny for now, especially since by definition Bizarro Brainiac should be a drooling, barely verbal moron ("Narf, Zort...").
No Bizarro Brainiac shouldn't be a drooling idiot. After all Bizarro Superman isn't a weakling who cant fly. He's just a twisted imperfect clone with all the powers of Superman.

#24612 07/21/06 05:09 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
The now tropical Antartica may very well have giant pinapple trees as well as giant pineapple boxers!

I was actually wondering how they keep giant flora and fauna that get enlarged with the city contained.

#24613 07/22/06 03:45 PM
A
Active
Active
A
So... this unknown threat the legion is facing. This group of teens with powers going about vandalizing things with hints of a larger organization. Wasn't that the same threat they were facing last year around this time?

#24614 07/22/06 04:26 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Not exactly.

Lemnos' kids were manipulated into action because they were being rejected by society, This LSV seemingly have everything but reject society despite that. After this one the only thing left to conquer is a group that has everything and just don't care.

Or at least that's what reading the paper tells me WaK is going.

#24615 07/22/06 06:43 PM
A
Active
Active
A
Maybe next year it can be kids taking action because the society is manipulated into rejecting them. The possibilities are endless.

#24616 07/23/06 12:37 AM
MYG Offline
Active
Active
I don't read the Supergirl title, so I'm not really up on what's going on over there...has it been established that "this Kara" (currently with the LSH) is or isn't the pre crisis Kara returned, or is she another entity altogether? I ask only because just about ever other hero "killed" during Crisis has returned or is rumored to return soon.

Long Live the Legion!!!
#24617 07/23/06 01:13 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by MYG:
I don't read the Supergirl title, so I'm not really up on what's going on over there...has it been established that "this Kara" (currently with the LSH) is or isn't the pre crisis Kara returned, or is she another entity altogether? I ask only because just about ever other hero "killed" during Crisis has returned or is rumored to return soon.
We simply don't know yet. All we know is she's being monitored (by a, um, Monitor) because she's some sort of continuity anomaly.

#24618 07/24/06 02:26 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by duck458:
Why didn’t it occur to anyone to read the agreement that they have with the UP? I guess for the same reason no one thought to send Dream Girl’s body to her parents. Have they checked Supergirl to make sure that she’s human and not a techno-organic construct? Legion of asSuming Heroes, perhaps? But thats shows how young they are. I loved that this read more like a Legion story than other issues of this run have.
Well Brainy is busy on his insane quest. The rest of them are just dumb kids...underagers. wink

#24619 07/25/06 03:10 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
How many stories out there of child stars or young star atheletes who retire broke cuz they didn't understand the legal work and their agent handled the contracts.

It's safe to say Brainy and Mama Ardeen are the Alan Eagleson to Lightning Lad's Bobby Orr.

#24620 07/26/06 03:22 AM
Reservist
Reservist
Underagers or not, since they were snookered into the agreement with the UP, someone (Rokk, are you listening? Mr.-"you're all dissmissed for now") should have thought to check out the particulars of the deal to see what they've gotten themselves into. They a are very, very trusting/niave group of rebels. They let Dream Boy walk freely around their HQ when I think they should be watching every move that he makes. He's an obvious choice for UP spy, no?

So what.
#24621 07/26/06 09:17 AM
M
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
M
I don't think they were snookered into it. They were offered a deal and given time to read it. They didn't read it. They signed it. Caveat emptor.

(Now, if it turns out that Reflecto and the raid on Dream Girl's memorial service was all manipulated by the UP to get Lightning Lad to sign, then that's different.)

As for Dream Boy... well, the Legion has had an open-door policy right from the start. Lemnos showed them that this policy has its drawbacks, but it'd be hard for them to change the policy while staying true to their concept of what the Legion is; I don't blame them for not having thought of a way out of that one yet.

#24622 07/27/06 04:10 AM
Reservist
Reservist
The raid did seem manipulative. The UP may have been hoping for just the kind of rash decision-making that they got out of LL.

Its not so much the open-door policy, its that once he's inside keep an eye on him. Trust but verify.

I guess I should just chalk it up to growing pains for this kooky bunch of trusting kids. Ya gotta love 'em.

So what.
#24623 07/27/06 04:20 AM
Reservist
Reservist
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Am I the only one who felt like nothing happened in this issue? The pacing on this book is so slow I feel like I'm watching a soap opera. I bet I could read every other issue and not miss anything important. Why do they have to drag everything out? Suspense? Suspense about what?
I agree completly, but I don't see why anyone involved in making the book doesn't see that its a terribly slow read.

So what.
#24624 07/27/06 02:30 PM
Active
Active
does dream boy have a flight ring? he seems to fly.

Gorilla Nebula
#24625 07/28/06 02:48 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
I just finished reading #20 and I thought I'd share my thoughts on it. I didn't enjoy it as much as the previous issue,however it was still a good read. While I missed Kitson's art, I found DeKraker's work better then previous work. He still puts out some odd facial expressions though.
Well it looks like Lightning Lad really should have read that agreement he signed, I forsee even more trouble in the Legion's future as a result of this deal.
A reference to L.E.G.I.O.N......Hurrah!!! And Vril isn't considered to bright...made me giggle. But i sure hope this Dream Girl Storyline is resolved soon, its being dragged out far to long. She's been dead now for almost a year. Either bring her back or bury her. Time to move on. Will Brainy's plan run amok?
Poor Dream Boy, everyone hates him. Is he the new Lyle? Sure seems like it.
Raymond Luxury Yacht...excellent!!! He got a laugh! So Bizzaro-Brainiac made Big City...I like it, it like something that would happen in the Adventure days. Cosmic Boy has a crush on Supergirl....well I didn't see that coming. I guess he thinks there are missions to dangerous for girls!!!
......time to go back and read this thread, see what everyone else thought.

#24626 07/30/06 11:22 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
RaymondLuxuryYacht

#24627 07/30/06 11:33 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Originally posted by Koymc Dox:
[qb]

by definition Bizarro Brainiac should be a drooling, barely verbal moron qb]
No Bizarro Brainiac shouldn't be a drooling idiot. Bizarro Superman isn't a weakling who cant fly.
Makes sense to me that he would have twisted versions of Brainy's skills. I see a character, a super genious that invents useful things that don't threaten to destroy the universe. laugh

#24628 08/02/06 06:00 PM
Applicant
Applicant
I really enjoyed this issue, it was much better than the last one. Even though I enjoyed the Detective story, I love it more when I see all of the Legion! The coolest part was when Cos discovers he has a crush on... Supergirl!

I'm also happy about the Brainy and Dream Girl resurrection plot moving forwards too. I just can't wait to see what happens when he brings back Dream Girl, and I have no doubt that he will too.

I loved seeing the other giants too, and I think they may be the Legion's new enemy. Well, from what one of them implied anyway.

#24629 08/07/06 09:36 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Re: Bizarro-Brainiac? I am usually against such silly stuff in the Legion. Especially since it's a major part of Colossal Boy's origin.

Thing is in All-Star Superman this would be great! Infact I expect (and will probably) LOVE the super sillines Grant Morrison will throw at us with the Legion. It's part of the book. It hasn't really been part of the Legion for quite some time.

DC forces the old school fanboy stuff too much with the Legion. If it's more subtle I don't have a problem. ohwell my usual rant dissing the Adventure era Legion stuff. smile pay no mind.

#24630 08/07/06 12:12 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
The difference is that in All-Star Superman the warped Silver Age stuff is an intrinsic part of the feel of the series. While I really like the reverse Kandor origin of Big City, it has the feel of a bone thrown to fans that is somewhat incongruous with a lot of the rest of what's going on, like Brainy's incredibly goofy resurrection plot.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,750
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Trickster74
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Kid Metal \m/
Kid Metal \m/
Kansas City
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star