Roll Call
0 members (), 24 Murran Spies, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Trivia 6
by Eryk Davis Ester - 06/05/24 06:19 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/05/24 02:52 PM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by thoth lad - 06/05/24 02:43 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/05/24 01:50 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/05/24 02:14 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/05/24 02:09 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/05/24 02:09 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/05/24 02:07 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Universal Translator
#390910 02/14/07 12:46 AM
Lad Boy Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Pick any posted message from today. Translate it into Spanish at Babelfish and then translate it back to English:

Tekwych:
Single renter, eFiled everything, getting money back. Combined state and fed should by me diner at a a real restaurant if I go by myself.

Universal Translation:
The single one renter, eFiled everything, obtaining the money behind. Combined be in favor and fed if of me diner in a true restaurant if I go me.

Re: Universal Translator
#390911 02/14/07 02:19 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Caliente:
Maybe if I can find the villain, they'll believe I'm really Caliente and I can have foot rubs and gold dresses for the rest of my existence!

Universal translation:
Perhaps if I can find the bandit, think that I am really Hot and I can have frotaciones of the foot and the gold dresses for the rest of my existence!

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#390912 02/14/07 02:26 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
joeboy:

Have you heard...
Tamper Lad went for a shake with three bondage girls with hairy breasts

Universal translation:

You make hear... The chaval of the rammer was for a shock with three girls of bondage with the melenudos chests.

#390913 02/14/07 01:58 PM
Lad Boy Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Gary Concord, the Ultra Man:
Ah Yes, the fine security office tradition of protecting their own by getting drunk and ignoring the situation surfaces yet again.

Fine Job, Lads and Lasses, Fine Job...
The ampere hour yes, the fine tradition of the office of the security to protect his the own ones obtaining drunk and paying attention to the situation do not emerge yet again. Fine work, chavales and girls, fine work...

(Funny how this reads exactly like one of Cobie's posts)

#390914 02/14/07 02:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Lad Boy:
(Funny how this reads exactly like one of Cobie's posts)
(now we know how Abin writes his Cobie alt to be so different from his others!)

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#390915 02/14/07 11:31 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Kent Shakespeare:

ya know, Grapes, you'd be a lot less uptight if you followed suit once in a while.

Translated:

already you know, to the grapes, you would be much less tense if you followed the game once in a while.

Just spouting off.
#390916 02/14/07 11:31 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
To the grapes!

(My new battle cry...)

Just spouting off.
#390917 02/14/07 11:47 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
CJ Taylor:

Granted! You're the doggone coolest person ever. You get to lick everyone instead of shake hands, you get to sniff their butts, and from the right person, a belly rub is better than a good steak.

I wish February was over with already.

Translated (via Google , won't touch Crapfish):

Granted! You are doggone the freshest person always. You are able to lick each one instead of the hands of the shock, you are able to smell its ends, and of the suitable person, a frotación of the belly is better than a good fillet.

Desire that February raises with already.

#390918 02/15/07 01:26 AM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Blue Batter:
I was thinking there was an Undertaker Lad who handled the interments at Shanghalla

Translated:
It thought that there was a chaval of the industrialist of funeral pomps who directed interments in Shanghalla

#390919 02/15/07 01:54 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
I had to go with one of my own:
Massive power outage is beat when power is restored by Aunt Clara from Bewitched remembering the spell she accidentally cast to cause it in the first place.

Translated:
The massive interruption of the energy is blow when the energy is recovered by Clear aunt of bewitched remembering the enchantment that it threw accidentally to cause it in the first place.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#390920 02/15/07 09:20 AM
Leader
Leader
Lad Boy:

The plastic packaging from a Thomas the Tank Engine train is almost useless for scraping ice off your windshield

translated becomes:

Packed plastic of a Thomas the train of the motor of the tank is almost useless for the ice that it scrapes of his windshield

Which is disappointingly accurate.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#390921 02/15/07 09:25 AM
Leader
Leader
Oh now, this is much better. From Outdoor Miner:

(Hm...my last foray with a robot ended with her joining a religious cult. I should have never programmed her to have daddy-issues and emotional trauma.)

Upon translation becomes:

(Hm... that my sacking passed with a robusteza finished with her who assembled a religious cult. I must never have programadola to have papa-editions and emotional trauma.)

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#390922 02/15/07 05:27 PM
strange but not a stranger
MLLASH: No thread is really complete without at least one mention of the word "pantaloons".

Tranlated becomes:

"pantaloons" is really no complete thread of spiral without at least one mention of the word.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#390923 02/15/07 05:38 PM
Also from MLLASH:
Proposed funniest sentence in the world, using selected words from this thread:

The titmouse was discombobulated when the sasquatch began dickering about the gross national product and panties.

Translated to:

Oration more amused proposal of the world, using selected words of this thread of spiral:

Titmouse was discombobulated when sasquatch began to dickering on the gross national product and the panties.

Wow the proposed funniest sentence in the world remained pretty much the same. Humor is the international language.

#390924 02/15/07 06:00 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Quislet, Esq.:

Wow the proposed funniest sentence in the world remained pretty much the same. Humor is the international language.

Translated:

The ululación the oration more amused proposal of the world continued being rather much the equal one. Humor is the international language.

#390925 02/15/07 06:02 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
To change it up, I translated the same to German and Italian then back. This is the German result:

Wows the suggested merriest sentence in the world many the same remained quite. Tendency is the international language.

Here is the Italian result:

The speed distortion the phrase more amusing proposed in the world is remained enough the much same one. Humor is the international language.

#390926 02/15/07 07:21 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Lash:

Coming soon: this thread becomes relevant again!

Universal Translator:

Coming soon: this thread of spiral again gets to be excellent!

#390927 02/15/07 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
To change it up, I translated the same to German and Italian then back. This is the German result:

Wows the suggested merriest sentence in the world many the same remained quite. Tendency is the international language.

Here is the Italian result:

The speed distortion the phrase more amusing proposed in the world is remained enough the much same one. Humor is the international language.
And Into and out of Japanese:

The world it was proposed the strangest sentence similarly almost it remains Wow. Humor is international language.

Into and out of Chinese Simple:

Wow proposed the funniest sentence nearly retained in the world same. Humorous is the international language.

Into & out of Russian:

Wow funniest the proposal in the world proposed remained sufficiently by much the same. Humor will be mezhdunarodnyya language.

And finally, From English to French to Protugese then back to English:

The defect of the sonorous reproduction funnier phrase proposal to the world inhabited exactly sufficiently more or less. The mood is the international language.

#390928 02/16/07 12:58 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Also from Quislet, Esq.:

I wait for no thread.
Still, this one is very nice. And it does feature the word "pantaloons". But where is the punch and pie? I was told there would be punch and pie.

Into French and back into English:

I do not await any wire. Always, this one is very nice. And it comprises the word "trousers". But where is the punch and the meat pie? I was known as that there would be punch and meat pie.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#390929 02/16/07 02:47 PM
Fat Cramer said this:

Slave Labor Graphics is offering a number of comics starting at $0.69, downloadable to PDF or CBZ format at eyemelt.

It all seems pretty painless. A few minutes, $6.45 and I got Midnight Sun 1 & 2, Skeleton Key volumes 1-2-3. They also offer Rex Libris, for which I've been paying $4 - and was going to cancel. For $0.89 I'll keep it as a download.

The translation:
The graphs of the auxiliary work are offering a number of tebeos that begin in $0.69, downloadable to the format of the pdf or CBZ in eyemelt. Everything looks like without pretty pain. Some minutes, $6,45 and I obtained sun 1 and 2, skeletal dominant volumes of the midnight 1-2-3. Also they offer Rex Libris, which there am been paying $4 - and were going to cancel. For $0,89 I will keep it like direct transference.

#390930 02/16/07 03:41 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Cobie said:

Out until 4:00 AM last night. For some reason I've been really naughty all week, and I'm paying for it right now...

The translation (to Korean and back):

In the last night at the outside until 4:00 AM. What with reason am I mischievous child all week and, am paying it now with realness,…

I really like the German translation though:

Out to 4:00 in the morning last night. For any reason I was really impudent all week, and I pay for it at the moment…

#390931 02/16/07 05:06 PM
Hrun the Barbarian said this:
Two years or two thousand years makes no difference. I and my tribe will never rest until the insult you have given is avenged!!!!

Hrun stops beating Cobalt on the head long enough to push Miner over and sit on him. Taking the keg of mead he rips the top off and starts to drink. Only when the keg is drained to the last drop does he stop, wipe his mouth and then thrust the keg down over Cobalt head.

Picking up an axe handle he hit’s the side of the keg with all his might.

Then he picks up Cobalts Body and throws it towards the tesseract system and Slims bar

Translated into Chinese traditional and back gives us this:

Two years or in 2000 the sign has not distinguished. I and my tribe never will rest has given until you the insult to retaliate! ! ! ! Hrun stops beating the cobalt 夠 to push the miner for a long time in the head foot and to sit in him. Adopts keg mead he above the larceny and starts to drink. When the keg is only drained he stops to the final whereabouts, wiped his mouth and gets down however 後推 the keg cobalt head. Picked the axis handle he to hit the keg side with to possess his possibility. Then he picks up the Cobalts body and throws it and loses weight the bar toward the tesseract system

#390932 02/17/07 05:11 PM
Nightcrawler said:

This episode didn't meet my expectations from the previews. I am disappointed in Star Boy's added powers and the prevention of a Light Lass.

Polar Boy, Night Girl, and Fire Lad were sorely missed. And Infectious Lass in the cartoon just seemed to pale in comparison to the wonderful (perfect!) version appearing in TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it. But, like the current Legion comic...I could see the possibilites for it to be a lot better.

Translated into Spanish then back to English got this:

This episode did not solve my expectations of them inspection previoes. I am disappointed in the added energies and the prevention of the boy of the star of a light girl. The boy, to the girl at night, and the chaval polar of the sore fire needed. And the infectious girl in the comic strip finishes looking like to wane in the comparison to the wonderful one (she perfects) version that appears in STORIES Of the UNEXPECTED one. If no, I enjoyed her. But, as the humorous present legion... could see possibilites her to be much better.

Translated into Japanese then Back:

This episode did not accompany to my expectation from preliminary examination. As for me you are disappointed by power and the prevention where the girl where the boy of the star is light is added. The girl of the North Pole boy and night, and the young person of the fire were let escape extremely. And the contagion characteristic girl of cartoon with it is exactly splendid, seems that you make turn pale by comparison, (! Complete) the edition which appears with the unexpected story. Otherwise, I enjoyed that. But, like the comedy present troop... as for me it can look at possibilites because it is better than the large quantity concerning that.

#390933 02/18/07 11:48 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Quis said:

Hey sexy, which way to the VD clinic?

What he meant was:

Attractive Hey, that way to the clinic of YOU?

Just spouting off.
#390934 02/19/07 12:20 AM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
Quis said:

Hey sexy, which way to the VD clinic?

What he meant was:

Attractive Hey, that way to the clinic of YOU?
rotflmao Now there's a pick up line!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,918
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
flashsuper, Pulsar, Steampunk Lad
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Evolution Has Failed
Evolution Has Failed
Old Lyme, CT
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star