Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 15 Murran Spies, and 118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/14/24 12:55 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/14/24 08:51 AM
Why he was arrested.
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/14/24 02:47 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/14/24 02:47 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/14/24 02:45 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/14/24 02:44 AM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/14/24 02:44 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/13/24 12:25 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20
Re: Justice Society of America (spoilers!)
#468988 05/12/08 03:02 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I might have mentioned this before but Maxine is a dead-ringer for Lady Cobalt (my soon to be bride). Its almost uncanny actually, especially the way Dale draws her.

#468989 05/25/08 01:42 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Does she also love WICKED, Cobie?

SAND and OBSIDIAN had some brief but *very* effective moments in the most recent issue (#15?). Effective in presentation, though not in defeating the threat. Otherwise, this was very much a 'middle' issue. Lightning's growing on me.

The last page has another one of those glimpses of the future teases. Featuring a death of some sort and Power Girl on Earth 2. There were two more, but just now I can't recall them.

#468990 05/25/08 01:59 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
It was really great to see Obsidian actually get to do something. He's one of DC's more powerful characters and has a loyal fan base. He needs to do more than cast shadows on the wall. I hope more is coming soon.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#468991 06/08/08 11:30 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
#16 sure veered off into unexpected territory for me. I enjoyed the surprise-- now if Johns doesn't lead the story into the *next* obvious destination I've seen this sort of story taken, I'll *really* be pleasantly surprised.

Wonder if Damage will retain the changes he undergoes at issue's end?

And, to echo the big blue horned god, who's next?

#468992 06/08/08 12:18 PM
strange but not a stranger
prediction time here: If Lightning continues as a character beyond the story, her effect on electronic devises will be forgotten.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#468993 06/13/08 02:44 PM
C
Wanderer
Wanderer
C
I'm getting a vibe like from that Simpsons Treehouse of Horror spoof of "To Serve Man." Where Lisa is "too smart for her own good."

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad
#468994 06/13/08 04:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Does the artist seem to be channeling Jack Kirby? I kinda liked it.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#468995 06/15/08 02:43 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I wonder if Gog's horns will swivel up when he gets mad?

#468996 06/15/08 09:59 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I'm not usually big on extended fight scenes, but the fight in the previous issues between the entire JSA and the human Gog (demi-Gog? smile ) was a lot of fun to watch and pretty creatively choreographed. My favorite part was when Obsidian went inside Gog and blinded him, the Gog fired his staff into his own mouth to get Obsidian out. Neat!

So now we have the 'real' Gog who heals dying people in Africa and damage's scarred face. I wonder if he'll heal Star Man's schizophrenia?

I hope Geoff has something unusual up his sleeve. We've certainly seen the 'benevalent godlike entity actually wants to take over the world' bit enough. So hopefully Geoff will surprise us with this.

Wow, the JLA is getting LEGION-HUGE! Kewl!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#468997 07/13/08 05:44 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Some more wish fulfillment in #17-- for Sandman, Power Girl and Dr. Mid-nite, this time. I felt sorry for Mr. Terrific, but thought that the very things he was regretting in his own character would probably come into play as positives by the time Kingdom quits Coming.

There was some good interaction between Mr. T and Pieter, a duo I always enjoy reading (I'd buy a "Mr. Terrifc and Doctor Mid-Nite" series). Also, a nice scene between Maxine and Damage intrigued me.

Gog ignores Citizen Steel. Does he have anything in common with Mr. Terrific?

I liked the WW bit. Hopefully, this doesn't count as the JLA/JSA team-up of the year.

Gog continues to defy easy categorization, which leaves the reader uneasy. I find that a good thing, but I think it is an uncomfortable state, which is the reason I think this storyline's beginning to get some sour responses.

I quite like it, from issue to issue. But I am looking very much forward to the day when Kingdom Come has gone and went.

I'm kind of ready for a Superman-less JSA, too.

#468998 07/21/08 11:33 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I read 17 last night, and JSA continues to be a fave. I even choked up a time or two while reading this issue.

I just can't escape the "this is going to go horribly wrong" feeling... I really don't WANT it to go horribly wrong. I actually LIKE Gog. I don't want him to turn evil or have some agenda.

It's a compelling storyline for this reader.

Also... Power Girl on Earth 2? CAN'T WAIT for the annual. The cover colicit for # 20 has me salivating, also...

Talk about torn... I've grown to accept Power Girl as she is, an Earth 1 resident.

I don't know *HOW* I really feel about it all... I guess I want what Power Girl wants.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#468999 07/21/08 07:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by MLLASH:
II just can't escape the "this is going to go horribly wrong" feeling... I really don't WANT it to go horribly wrong. I actually LIKE Gog. I don't want him to turn evil or have some agenda.
Neither has to be true for things to go horribly wrong.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#469000 08/02/08 10:23 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The Justice Society of America Annual #1's out. Featuring Power Girl's journey, thanks to Gog, to Earth 2 and a version of the pre-Crisis JSA (now called Justice Society Infinity).

A nice bit of nostalgia, with enough changes to allow for the passage of time.

Joker-haters will get a nice little thrill at the events in this issue, I think.

And Huntress fans will probably be pleased, as she gets the lion's share (and then some) of the focus. My one complaint is that all the other characters get shorted in the characterizaion department.

The mystery of a second Power Girl is a nice surprise (at least to me).

I would've preferred that an annual be more self-contained... or that it *ended* an ongoing storyline rather than beginning one, but I guess I can see the reasoning behind the opposite approach.

#469001 08/02/08 10:37 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I bought the annual and was disappointed. I'm not a regular JSA reader and don't intend to add it to my list. I remember a time when annuals were stand alone issuses. Not this one. I got in on the middle of a pretty complicated story. I started out confused and ended up being just as confused at the end.

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#469002 08/02/08 09:14 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I got and read this today... was actually pretty excited about it.

I went into figuring one of 2 things... it would tell the complete tale of Peegee's reuniting with her old pals, and end up with her back in the DCU-proper JSA in time for the next issue OR it would somehow setup her upcoming series.

It did neither but as a JSA regular and Ifinity Inc (80s!) fan, it still pleased me.

I guess I'm relieved that Earth-2 has its Peegee back and our Karen can eventually get beck to the DCU-proper JSA. Unless there's something more happening there, which might be likely.

And I can't tell you how happy I was to see Sly, Beth, Yolanda, Jade, Hector and especially Lyta alive and well on Earth-2.

It was like a continuation of Infinty Inc had the Wolfman CRISIS never happened.

Of note is that apparently the Atom is the only original member of the JSA still regularly active on Earth-2, though others answered the call to arms.

#469003 08/03/08 10:38 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm getting flashbacks to that original "Star Trek" episode where Kirk et al run into Apollo, who's refusing to fade away with the rest of the old gods - he wasn't malevolent, but there was no longer a place for him.

#469004 08/03/08 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
The mystery of a second Power Girl is a nice surprise (at least to me).

Not really a mystery to me. After all, if duplicates of Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, Nuklon, Norda, Jade, Obsidian, et. al. were made for DC-Earth, why not a duplicate Power Girl?

#469005 08/03/08 03:49 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Hmmm. But she- and we- were told that she *wasn't* from DC-Earth and was from Earth 2. This could be another Earth, or a giant trick or one of the PG's either a hoax or not who they think they are.

Anyway, I didn't see it coming.

I agree though- it isn't one of those surprises that keep feeling like a surprise, if you know what I mean.

#469006 08/03/08 04:45 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I loved Huntress in this issue. It was just perfect. One thing kind of odd though. We were led to assume that Huntress has always been in love with Robin. But wasn't Robin the adopted son of Bruce?

I believe this is one example of taboo that I can't handle. shudder

#469007 08/03/08 05:30 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
I liked the group portrait at the end of the annual.

It did highlight one of the problems I have with the current title, though -- too many characters! Aren't there now more JSAers than Legionnaires? I count 23 JSA members, not including Ma Hunkel or the Kingdom Come Superman, and counting Jakeem/Thunderbolt as one member.

It's not that I'm opposed to large groups per se, but over the last couple of issues, it just feels like most of the members are being given short shrift. If the title could spread the focus around somehow, I'd feel much more comfortable with the super-sized roster.

#469008 08/04/08 12:15 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Nice annual. Loved the Ordway art and the focus on the Huntress--Helena Bertinelli always seemed like a pale reflection of Batman's daughter!

Man, it SUCKS to be Power Girl! What the HELL?!?!? Will the poor girl ever have a home of her own? That's just mean, Geoff!

Nice to see glimpses of those Earth-2 characters I've missed so much, especially those who've been dead in the regular DCU for a while. I wonder if E2 Wonder Woman is still alive? I assume Ted Knight, Dr. Mid-Nite and some of the others are still alive there, too? I guess we'll find out more as the JSA storyline unfolds.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#469009 08/04/08 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Hmmm. But she- and we- were told that she *wasn't* from DC-Earth and was from Earth 2. This could be another Earth, or a giant trick or one of the PG's either a hoax or not who they think they are.

Anyway, I didn't see it coming.

I agree though- it isn't one of those surprises that keep feeling like a surprise, if you know what I mean.
But isn't that true of Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, Jade, et.al.? Power Girl was just the hardest to work in of the Earth-2 characters because of her ebing the Supergirl of Earth-2.

A sort of flaw in the story (which I'll overlook unless Geoff Jonhs has a good explanation) is why Gog didn't send Jay Garrick et.al. also back to Earth-2.

#469010 08/04/08 02:27 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Titan Lad:
I loved Huntress in this issue. It was just perfect. One thing kind of odd though. We were led to assume that Huntress has always been in love with Robin. But wasn't Robin the adopted son of Bruce?

No, to the best of my knowledge, E2 Robin was only Bruce's ward. He was never an adopted son. (For that matter, did Bruce ever adopt Nightwing? I know he did Tim but I don't know whether or not he ever officially adopted Dick. I think I remember this being commented upon during the time where the Adoption of Tim was being played out.)

Even if he was adopted however, I don't think it would be impossible for them to become a couple> Since they share no blood ties there is no reason for them not to be together although it might go against the conventions of the era.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#469011 08/04/08 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Vee:
Originally posted by Titan Lad:
[b]I loved Huntress in this issue. It was just perfect. One thing kind of odd though. We were led to assume that Huntress has always been in love with Robin. But wasn't Robin the adopted son of Bruce?

No, to the best of my knowledge, E2 Robin was only Bruce's ward. He was never an adopted son. (For that matter, did Bruce ever adopt Nightwing? I know he did Tim but I don't know whether or not he ever officially adopted Dick. I think I remember this being commented upon during the time where the Adoption of Tim was being played out.)

Even if he was adopted however, I don't think it would be impossible for them to become a couple> Since they share no blood ties there is no reason for them not to be together although it might go against the conventions of the era. [/b]
Some states do not allow the marriage of step-siblings, even though there are no blood ties there either. The reasoning is that marriage would alter the already existing family bonds.

#469012 08/04/08 02:36 PM
Active
Active
There is a line in the TT books - I believe at Donna's wedding where Bruce say's he's sorry he never adopted Dick but does see Dick as his son. Dick responds that it's OK, he became family in the ways that matter.

Or something like that.

I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,123
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
grazzendeecee
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Color Kid
Color Kid
Largo, Florida..originally from Champaign, Illinois
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star