Roll Call
0 members (), 25 Murran Spies, and 90 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/28/24 10:19 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/28/24 07:42 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/28/24 07:10 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/28/24 07:08 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/28/24 06:50 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/28/24 06:07 PM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by Gaseous Lad - 05/28/24 05:02 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/28/24 03:08 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30
Re: Official '52' Discussion Thread ... SPOILERS!
#489154 06/15/06 07:25 AM
Active
Active
Okay, I went and pulled most of the scribblings and assorted things in the two page layout of Booster in Rip Hunter's base. This is long, so I'll apologize up front.

SPOILAGE ahead, be ye warned!

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">

First of a quick note of things found in the room....tons of clocks that all apparently stopped at 11:52. A LED that reads 00:52.

On the blacboard the are a lot of little circled 52's all heading toward earth. I have not counted them but I'm thinking there's enough to have 52 of them.

Now, on to the blackboard:

"The four horsemen will end her rain."

I think the first part points to Apokolips....but I I don't know about the second....Isis?

"Dead by lead."

I think we all have an idea but I think this refers to Dev-Em and not Mon. Dev was retconned into a Daxamite...this I think is foreshadowing on how he is defeated.

"He won't smell it"

No clue.

"Sonic Disruptors -> Time Masters -> Time Servants"

The arrows on the blackboard were drawn from each of these words to the next. This is important because T.O. Morrow (one could say he was a Time Master) had his room cleaned out for making a sonic disruptor out of a cell phone. The time masters will become servants of time in order to set things right...at least that's my guess.

"I'm not Kryptonite"

No idea.

"The Tornado is in pieces."

But we only know where his 'vox' is....

"It hurts to breathe..."

This sure sounds familiar. Can anyone else place this quote?

"The scarab is eternal?"

Obviously referring to Beetle's scarab....or is it an Eygptian reference (thinking of Adam and Isis). Maybe they're connected in a way we don't know yet?

"Where is the Curry heir?"

This likely refers to the new Aquaman, who for some reason I think is the son of the Golden Age Arthur Curry.

"te versus (au + pb)"

This one is easy. Te = Tellerium, Au = Gold, and Pb = Lead. This refers to Steel vs the Metal Men.... Why, do you ask?

Tellerium's dominant use is in the manufacturing of stainless steel. Something else else else to note, Tellerium has some of the highest efficiencies for solar cell electric power generation. I'm thinking Supernova is steel.

Also, Tellerium happens to look like Tin.....so it could be a red herring.

"The old gods are dead and the new gods want what's left."

They've been telling us to look to the sky's whenever Fourth World characters were brought up for a long time now. I've suspected the mechanations of Apokolips for a while but this seems fairly blunt in the way of 'clues'. Anyone remember Legends? They had a heavy hand in that....right after the last Crisis.

"Secret Five!"

Well.....Parademon's dead so they are at five. Plus, Knockout is from Apokolips.

"Don't ask the question, it lies."

Ask him what, exactly? Dunno. But I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that he is NOT acting in character ("Elf needs food...badly!") and I've also seen it mentioned he could possibly be Ted Kord. And there is a sense of a twisted logic to it seeing as they are both Ditko Charleton characters...

"Imortal Savage"

Rip can build a time machine but he apparently can't spell....unless this has some other significance. Do our heros in space run into him? Or does this refer to Scandal who also is connected to Apokolips through her relationship with Knockout?

"The reach
the reach
the reach"

No idea.
No idea.
No idea.

"I'm supposed to be dead?"

When? Where?

"When am I?"

This implies he's lost in our time. So is he from the future? Or the past?

"Others?"

Man, talk about a 'Lost' reference. Is he referring to other time-related heroes? Or the original Forgotten Heroes? I think the latter.

Notes/Books/Papers around the room:

"What is Spanner's Galaxy?"

Never read this series. Anyone have any thoughts?

"Find the Sun Devils."

Dunno.

"Silverblade"

No idea.

"Casey the Cop"

All I know is this is an OLD character...circa 1941. Also known as Clancy the Cop.

"Infinity Inc."

Yay!

"320 Kane"

3+2=5, 2+0=2.....5 2......

Okay, now I'm going to get into my Egg Fu theory...I said yesterday I thought he was the main villain behind the missing scientiests. After rereading this issue again, I'm convinced it's him we side in the mission control area.

For those who aren't familiar with Fu, he was a originally a Wonder Woman villain created by CHINESE sleeper agents working for APOKOLIPS. Then he reprogrammed the Metal Men (who keep coming up, don't they?) Jonni DC, wiped him out from continuity and he has not been seen since. Please note that Jonni DC was reimagined from Johnny DC to a Continuity Cop in Giffen's Ambush Bug.

So, we have a Darkseid minion created by the Chinese with ties to continuity issues and the Metal Men, who with the clues above have ties to Steel.

I think it's been Fu under the direction of Darkseid who stole the scientists. For two reasons, the first being to create new superpowered beings (The Great Ten....) as superpowered human agents and the second to do whatever it was that has affected the timestream as part of Darkseid's larger plan. Obviously, it needs to be fleshed out more but that's the gist of it.

</span></span>

Whew....

Jamie

#489155 06/15/06 07:49 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Cool .... oh, but what about the three big "X" marks on the globe? What locations were they pinpointing?

#489156 06/15/06 08:07 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Could "He won't smell it" reference Ralph? Wasn't one of his running gags always about being able to sniff out clues?

#489157 06/15/06 08:10 AM
Active
Active
Not sure yet. I left most of the WWIII stuff alone. But in the pre-Crisis continuity WWIII happened in 1986. So maybe it's a time blip?

Jamie

#489158 06/15/06 08:18 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I think there's a colouring error on the globe and that Russia has been coloured blue by mistake. The Xs seem to be on the central asian area.

Could be a sites of confrontation between the Rocket Reds and Black Adam's Alliance, since the area is between Russia, China and Kandaq which I think is in the middle east.

Also is that time bubble a Legion time bubble as opposed to Rip's Time Sphere which I remember to be a metal ball that looked like something out of a Jacques Cousteau film.

#489159 06/15/06 09:17 AM
Active
Active
Ah! One other thing hit me from the clues on the blackboard:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">"The Lazarus Pit Rises!"

Does this have connections to the Resurrection Cult? </span></span>

Jamie

#489160 06/16/06 09:06 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Jamie,

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> I thought the board said IMMORTAL SAVAGE, but had the IM crossed out. Reflecting the new status quo of Savage as shown in JSA Classified.

ALSO,one of the books on the floor said Who's Who.
</span></span>

#489161 06/16/06 11:57 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
More blackboard stuff: I haven't read this comic yet, but have read the blackboard analysis at absorbascon.blogspot.com from a couple of days ago.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Note that tellurium is atomic number 52 on the periodic table.

The stuff on the chalkboard about 'the last El' and 'the son of Superman'... I am speculating that these could *both* refer to Mon-El.</span></span>

#489162 06/16/06 12:26 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I was also going to point out the first of those two phrases in Matthew's post. I agree with his cojecture completely though I hadn't made a connection to the second one which I found very interesting as well, though I though it might be a reference to Kon.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#489163 06/16/06 03:25 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Does anyone recognize the image of that sword in the bottom left corner? (is it the "silverblade?")

#489164 06/16/06 04:18 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I also would like to identify the four historical pictures on the screens above the chalk board. Were they all events that took place in the year '52?

#489165 06/16/06 06:38 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Starting from the upper most picture moving clockwise...

In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue
Young Elvis during the Sun Records days (1953-55)
The Boston Tea Party (December 16, 1773)
When dinosaurs ruled the earth (ca 100 million BC)
Lincoln inspecting General Grant's Army late in the US Civil War. (1864-65)
Mugshot of Rosa Parks (December 1, 1955)

#489166 06/16/06 08:38 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Does anyone recognize the image of that sword in the bottom left corner? (is it the "silverblade?")
Check out that site I mentioned in my last post - absorbascon.blogspot.com - for a detailed analysis of all the stuff in Rip Hunter's lab.

But I remember Silverblade. It was a limited series about a swashbuckling movie actor who had the power to become different movie characters. I once had the first issue or two. Not part of regular DC continuity (like many of the other things in the lab).

#489167 06/19/06 02:39 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Early teaser from the September 52 solicits:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">WEEK 21: "No disrespect, Raven, but we’re as much Infinity Inc. as you are Titans. Neither team is the same one it used to be."</span></span>

ElasticLad

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#489168 06/19/06 07:10 AM
Active
Active
Matthew,

Everything that littered the floor was considered out of continuity....heck, even Who's Who is out with all the changes since the first Crisis.

RTVU2,

It's possible. I'll have to look at it again. But I was sure it said IMORTAL....which, could me "I MORTAL SAVAGE".

Jamie

#489169 06/19/06 07:21 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It looked like MORTAL SAVAGE to me as well. I think the last leg of the M just wasn't crossed out all that well.

#489170 06/19/06 07:27 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The cover to Justice League of America #2 was in the Newsarama 52 Previews over the weekend. Any speculation as to who is on the cover?

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Obviously Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman (Donna Troy?)...

I almost thought that was Red Tornado in the upper right, but that might be Martian Manhunter...

Definitely looks like Starfire's hair trail curving up to the left of Batman...

A Green Lantern, but I'm not thinking Hal Jordan. Ion, maybe?

Looks like Hawkgirl up top, although it could also be Hawkman...

A Green Arrow, but for some reason I'm thinking more Conner Hawke than Oliver Queen...

No clue on the other three...</span></span>

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#489171 06/19/06 07:46 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well, if you read the solicit text, it may be <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Red Tornado</span></span> and not <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Jonn</span></span>. Looking at the cover image, though, I have a question.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Was there a female version of the Ray at one time? Never been a big fan but I thought there was and that sure looks, to me, like a female Ray under the Hawkperson.</span></span>

#489172 06/19/06 07:53 AM
Active
Active
I think it's <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Reddy, there's a
definite trail behind him.</span></span>

I also think that:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Could be Booster and Manhunter there as well. Though I have no idea with the gal with the long hair is. Kori has never tied it back before.</span></span>

Jamie

#489173 06/19/06 09:02 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Looking at the cover image, though, I have a question.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Was there a female version of the Ray at one time? Never been a big fan but I thought there was and that sure looks, to me, like a female Ray under the Hawkperson.</span></span>
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I don't think there was, but now I'm wondering if it could be Skyrocket or whatever her name was... from the Power Company?</span></span>

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#489174 06/19/06 09:02 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Matthew,

Everything that littered the floor was considered out of continuity....heck, even Who's Who is out with all the changes since the first Crisis.
Wait, wasn't Infinity Inc. there? Because that was certainly in continuity. As I say, I haven't seen the comic yet; I'm just going by what I read on that other site.

#489175 06/19/06 09:24 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Here\'s a bigger version of the cover for JLA #2. Still not quite sure but I think <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">that is definitely Red Tornado</span></span>.

#489176 06/19/06 09:52 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Well I think...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> That is definitely Red Torando. I think the women with the long ponytail is Turner's interpertation of Black Canary. I think the women on top could by Skyrocket, but I think it could be Vixen. For the unknown male underneath the hawk, I would tend to think Captain Atom. And I think the Arrow guy will turn out to be Roy Harper then Conner Hawke.</span></span>

And I like the teases this month for 52. Lines from the actual comic book. Awesome teasers.

#489177 06/19/06 11:04 AM
Active
Active
Matthew wrote:

Wait, wasn't Infinity Inc. there? Because that was certainly in continuity. As I say, I haven't seen the comic yet; I'm just going by what I read on that other site.
It was. However, it's a continuity that doesn't exist anymore. Like Who's Who.

Jamie

#489178 06/19/06 11:28 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Interesting speculation. It's certainly a dynamic cover and fun to guess so here are my guesses...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">1)The Big 3 are exactly that..Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman (Diana not Donna Troy);

2) Top center: Looks like Hawkgirl to me;

3) 2nd row far left: Red Tornado (yay! Reddy's back!)

4) 2nd row far right: Could be Sky Rocket but I tend to think it's the new female Bulleteer;

5) 3rd row center: not sure about this one, could be Captain Atom, could be The Ray, could be Cyborg; or just about anyone else actually laugh :

5) 3rd row far right: I tend to think that is Conner Hawke and not Roy, it could be either but not Ollie;

6) 4th row center: Could be Canary but not Kori, Kori's hair is always longer, fuller, and looks like a trail of smoke. The hands, however, appear to be claw-like, so it could be Vixen or even a new female Wildcat...or maybe it's Catwoman! (I joke but she IS right next to Batman) laugh

7)5th row center: Definitely a Green Lantern and it feels like Kyle to me, not John for sure and doesn't quite look like Hal either...something about the mask area.

</span></span>

Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,764
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
GeminiInTheRough, RenDaggle, TenzilKem3004, The Kahn, wndola1
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Silver Age Lad
Silver Age Lad
Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star