Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester), 24 Murran Spies, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/28/24 07:42 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/28/24 07:10 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/28/24 07:08 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/28/24 07:06 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/28/24 06:50 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/28/24 06:07 PM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by Gaseous Lad - 05/28/24 05:02 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/28/24 03:08 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 30 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 29 30
Re: Official '52' Discussion Thread ... SPOILERS!
#489554 01/26/07 12:12 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Good question. I think it may have been on a different Earth.

#489555 01/27/07 01:05 AM
Active
Active
From a friend of mine who is 'in' the industry. Some REALLY interesting points:
Okay...here we go.

Possible spoilers...

One thing I saw pointed out is that there are 12 (living) people in the picture...there was apparantly mention made somewhere that the Monitors were watching 12 people who should not have survived the Crisis. We know that Donna Troy, Kyle Rayner, and Dick Grayson are among them. Assuming that the Red Robin in the picture is actually Dick, like it is in Kingdon Come...it's a pretty interesting point.

The dead people are:
1) Blue Beetle - Shot by Max Lord (Countdown to Infinite Crisis)

2) Maxwell Lord - Killed by Wonder Woman to stop him from using Superman as a weapon (Actually happened in Superman, but I can't remember the number offhand, so we'll say Infinite Crisis #1)

3) Jade - Died in space trying to help stop the Crisis. In death, her powers transferred to Kyle, combining with his GL powers, and turning him into Ion...hence the new costume. (Rann/Thanagar War Infinite Crisis Special)

4) The Question - Died of cancer on the steps of Nanda Parbat, a place that might have been able to save his life. (52 #38 - DC has copped to this being an "official" death.)

Also, if you look between Canary's foot and Beetle's hand, you can see a small patch of red, and a small patch of gold. In a hi-res version of the pic, you can tell that the gold is a Legion flight ring, and the red appears to be the Atom's hand. The indication here is that the Atom is dead as well. Since the four that we know are dead are laid out in the order that they died, the implication is that he died somewhere between Beetle and Lord. I really hope it's not true, as Palmers one my favorites...but I have a different theory. Booster Gold is currently in possession on both a flight ring, and a set of Palmer's belt and gloves. He's also dealing with a lot of time travel. We can only see the Atom's hand/arm. My theory is that it's actually booster that has died, and that at some point in the future, he's going to go back to the past to try and change something and die in the process. Just my theory.

The Batman looks like one used in a story from a few years back, when all the annuals for that year were done as Elseworlds.

Also back to the hi-res image, you can tell that the Flash has blue eyes, and not gold. So in theory, it's Barry, and not Bart who is currently using Barry's old costume.

Also, there are three of the figures that are standing behind the tines of the crown in the picture: Red Robin, Batman, and Flash. It's a distinct possibility that these are all three from alternate realities, as we know the multiverse is back now.

That is Mary Marvel in Mary Marvel's costume.

That looks like a Phantom Zone projector between Max and Jade on the ground. I have no idea if it's placement is important.

This whole image actually seems to be a take on a poster from the Sopranos a couple years back. That's just something I read...I know nothing about the Sopranos.

The phrase: "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction..." is from the bible.

Jeremiah 50:21-22:
Quote:
"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge! Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD. "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction".
S'all I got right now.
ToyGeek

I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure
#489556 01/27/07 05:03 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Newsarama has the high res image.

#489557 01/27/07 05:08 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Tekwych:

This whole image actually seems to be a take on a poster from the Sopranos a couple years back. That's just something I read...I know nothing about the Sopranos.
Similar? Maybe. Sopranos

#489558 01/27/07 07:15 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
The poster reminded me of the Sopranos image as well -- the "moody cast photo that has hints about the upcoming storylines" thing has been done a number of times since then.

And is it me or in the hi-res version, does it look like the blue drapery under Wonder Woman is actually covering someone? I can kinda make out the contours of someone's face under there. I don't know why WW and Supes would be sitting on someone's body though -- maybe it's a statue?

#489559 01/27/07 09:41 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Originally posted by Tekwych:
Okay...here we go.

Possible spoilers...

One thing I saw pointed out is that there are 12 (living) people in the picture...there was apparantly mention made somewhere that the Monitors were watching 12 people who should not have survived the Crisis. We know that Donna Troy, Kyle Rayner, and Dick Grayson are among them. Assuming that the Red Robin in the picture is actually Dick, like it is in Kingdon Come...it's a pretty interesting point.

The dead people are:
1) Blue Beetle - Shot by Max Lord (Countdown to Infinite Crisis)

2) Maxwell Lord - Killed by Wonder Woman to stop him from using Superman as a weapon (Actually happened in Superman, but I can't remember the number offhand, so we'll say Infinite Crisis #1)

3) Jade - Died in space trying to help stop the Crisis. In death, her powers transferred to Kyle, combining with his GL powers, and turning him into Ion...hence the new costume. (Rann/Thanagar War Infinite Crisis Special)

4) The Question - Died of cancer on the steps of Nanda Parbat, a place that might have been able to save his life. (52 #38 - DC has copped to this being an "official" death.)

Also, if you look between Canary's foot and Beetle's hand, you can see a small patch of red, and a small patch of gold. In a hi-res version of the pic, you can tell that the gold is a Legion flight ring, and the red appears to be the Atom's hand. The indication here is that the Atom is dead as well. Since the four that we know are dead are laid out in the order that they died, the implication is that he died somewhere between Beetle and Lord. I really hope it's not true, as Palmers one my favorites...but I have a different theory. Booster Gold is currently in possession on both a flight ring, and a set of Palmer's belt and gloves. He's also dealing with a lot of time travel. We can only see the Atom's hand/arm. My theory is that it's actually booster that has died, and that at some point in the future, he's going to go back to the past to try and change something and die in the process. Just my theory.

The Batman looks like one used in a story from a few years back, when all the annuals for that year were done as Elseworlds.

Also back to the hi-res image, you can tell that the Flash has blue eyes, and not gold. So in theory, it's Barry, and not Bart who is currently using Barry's old costume.

Also, there are three of the figures that are standing behind the tines of the crown in the picture: Red Robin, Batman, and Flash. It's a distinct possibility that these are all three from alternate realities, as we know the multiverse is back now.

That is Mary Marvel in Mary Marvel's costume.

That looks like a Phantom Zone projector between Max and Jade on the ground. I have no idea if it's placement is important.

The phrase: "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction..." is from the bible.

Jeremiah 50:21-22:
Quote:
"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge! Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD. "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction".
S'all I got right now.
ToyGeek
I'll admit, the part that made me fall off my chair was the name at the end: I think it's the same Toygeek who posted on the Ghostbusters boards for a while, and he does indeed know his stuff.

"I will drill a hole through my head. You cannot stop me."
#489560 01/27/07 10:47 PM
Active
Active
It probably is, he doesn't post as much as he used to (he has a life off line these days)

Go! Figure
#489561 01/27/07 11:48 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Re: this week in 52...

When they mentioned the 4th horseman had already left Misfits Island, I couldn't help but think of Skeets. 'Course, he wasn't created there, so it doesn't make sense.

I hope Nat's story doesn't have a happy ending. I prefer Infinity Inc doesn't get a series out of this. But I wouldn't mind seeing John Henry picking up the hammer again.

As for Charlie, I'm sorry to see him go. But seeing his story play out like this is interesting.

Just spouting off.
#489562 01/28/07 03:54 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I HATE that they killed the Question!! Grrr....

#489563 01/28/07 09:43 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I admit that I don't get the reasoning behind it.

He was a breakout character on the JLU cartoon and you would think the natural thing to do would be exploit that in the comics.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#489564 01/28/07 10:13 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
I HATE that they killed the Question!! Grrr....
yeah, well, they "killed" Animal Man, Booster Gold, Hal Jordan, nearly all the Green Latern Corp, etc, etc.

give it time, I am sure Vic will get better.

#489565 01/29/07 12:51 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Did the Question really just die then? I thought it was just another fake-out like that New Year's Eve issue a few weeks ago.

If he did die though, then talk about anti-climactic! They should've just offed him in his hospital bed in that other issue I mentioned. That was a much better written scene than this one.

Still loving 52 though.

#489566 01/29/07 01:05 AM
Active
Active
DC is calling this an 'official' death

Go! Figure
#489567 01/31/07 12:56 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I strongly agree with the sentiment that killing the Question off just as a whole lot of people starting caring about him since the JLU final season is stupid, but not unusual for comic book companies. I just picture someone like me trying to find out what's going on with the character he remembers from the TV show finding out that he's a she and just giving up...

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#489568 01/31/07 04:57 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Blacula:
Did the Question really just die then? I thought it was just another fake-out like that New Year's Eve issue a few weeks ago.

If he did die though, then talk about anti-climactic! They should've just offed him in his hospital bed in that other issue I mentioned. That was a much better written scene than this one.

Still loving 52 though.
I'm getting that his death was supposed to be anticlimactic, the point of the scene wasn't really about the Question. It was about Renee and her transformation since Week 1. We wouldn't have seen the lengths that she went to to try to save him if he had died in bed.

Now after all this will she go back to being that person brooding over the death of her partner in the dark apartment drowning herself with booze? Not likely.

#489569 01/31/07 05:25 PM
Active
Active
But that still leaves Vic dead, regardless of how Renee responds.

All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).
#489570 01/31/07 11:19 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
1/31-

Black Adam has a family moment this week. Osiris has been holing himself up and Adam is getting frustrated. And into all life, a little rain must fall...

Ralph goes for a swim, among the ruins of Atlantis. Seems he and Fate's Helmet are looking for a menagerie of artifacts. They bump into an amnesiac, but little is done with that plot point.

It's a mad mad mad scientists' world. They send off their horsemen with a BOOM, while Sivana waxes on about Suspendium and caterpillars... All this while Will Magnus works up a little liquid courage.

Nat explores Luthor's Everyman project a little more. She watches the chief engineer destroy the project, but Luthor rebuilds it- and himself. And hunger pains...

Just spouting off.
#489571 02/01/07 07:03 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I hate that ts series is getting me interested in both old and new characters-- like the Question, Isis and Osiris-- while plotting to possibly take them away too!

I love the "Black" Marvel Family in both concept and execution, all the way down to the talking crocodile!

And Buddy's fate-- horriffic!!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#489572 02/01/07 09:39 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So.

Is that the Emerald Eye I see in Doctor Sivana's Workshop?

Faithfull
#489573 02/01/07 06:57 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
As a Question fan I'm not happy. I agree he gained some new fans due to the cartoon. It just seems they are trying to force so many characters into new roles.

I loved the Black Adam family. I always loved Captain Marvel...but hated the family especially the talking tiger. Now the Adam's have a talking crocodile? Ugh. Black Adam should've fried him weeks ago.

I'm also developing a liking to many characters I feel won't be around anymore. frown

#489574 02/02/07 11:20 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I think this series continues to impress. All four of the latest issues were amazing, and each story has little tidbits that are keeping me interested.

Space Heroes - so, those are those crazy aliens from Animal Man's series? That means 'OH BOY', as we get closer to a multiverse/etc. event.

Renee - Tamper you're right, her story has been simply amazing. What a powerful issue. I hope this really isn't the end of Vic, after all, he's right outside Nanda Parbat.

Booster/Rip/Skeets - awesomely done. I love that there were scenes we never saw. I wonder how many more we'll end up getting?

Black Adam - looks like the first Horsemen is about to make his life very hard. Its about to get tough on that end.

Ralph - so, the wedding bands are definately playing a part in this series. I get the symbolism, but I want to learn what they mean in regards to what he's using them for. I've got wacky theories, but I'm just going to let the series pay off.

Will Magnus – we all saw it coming, and I love how heroic he’s being. Both brilliant and deceptive and I CANNOT WAIT for Will and the Metal Men to have their day by series end. Egg-Fu and the rest are unbelievably fun. I love the little hints, can’t wait to see Mr. Time’s (or whatever his name is) secret, who Mr. Mind has been this whole time (I’m leaning towards Isis), T.O. Morrow & the Red Tornado, etc.

Natasha – doesn’t look good for her. I thought the brutal scene with her ‘boyfriend’ was riveting and now I’m just waiting for Steel to take center stage in that story. Can’t help but feel that at least one of them is a goner.

Still having my socks knocked off each week.

#489575 02/02/07 12:33 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I can’t wait to see who Mr. Mind has been this whole time.
A rumour going around is that he is actually Skeets. Or rather - the pilot of Skeets (a la Quislet).

An interesting theory but I'm not sure I buy it. We clearly saw a discarded cocoon in Mr Mind's chamber all those months ago which must mean he's evolved into *something*. But what? Or who?

Another great issue this week and JG Jones is defintely this series' unsung hero with his excellent covers - but I hope that's the last one we see of Lex Luthor. He's just a few notches behind the Joker on my list of boring, overexposed villains and I hate that so much attention is being focused on him in this story since we all know what happens to him post-52 anyway, thanks to that first Johns/Busiek Superman arc.

#489576 02/02/07 03:23 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Maybe Mr Mind is one of the Four Horsemen.

Or maybe he is in Fate's Helmet. Or he is the Helmet.

Or maybe Mr Mind is really Lady Styx!

And I think 'Skeets' is the mind of Alexander Luthor. That's my quess.

#489577 02/02/07 04:58 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Originally posted by rtvu2:
Maybe Mr Mind is one of the Four Horsemen.
This seems to be heavily implied in the latest 5.2 about 52.

#489578 02/08/07 02:23 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
A new week and a new issue...

If you've been enjoying the Luthor story, here's some comeuppance for the man.

The Black Adam/Osiris plot took a turn I wasn't expecting at all.

Just spouting off.
Page 23 of 30 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,763
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
GeminiInTheRough, RenDaggle, TenzilKem3004, The Kahn, wndola1
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star