Roll Call
0 members (), 59 Murran Spies, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/03/24 05:20 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/03/24 02:29 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:58 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:53 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:50 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 06/02/24 07:35 PM
What I found today at my LCS!
by thoth lad - 06/02/24 03:22 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 02:37 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 77 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 76 77
Re: American Idol
#520666 02/24/07 07:02 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Quite happy with all the eliminations too. Breathed a sigh of relief when Leslie made it through!

Alaina, Antonella, Sundance and... Nick, Phil or AJ to go next hopefully.

#520667 02/27/07 04:49 PM
Active
Active
I'm voting my fingers off for Leslie as long as she lasts.

#520668 02/28/07 03:15 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Top Ten Guys!

Hey, in general, I'd say they stepped up a notch.

10. Sanjaya. He sings well enough, he's just dull.

9. Phil. He sings well enough, he's just dull.

8. Jared. H s w e, h j d.

7. A.J. I really liked the song he sang, and he did it well, but I think someone better could do it better. Um, what is that song? "Dragonfly"? Who's it by?

6. Nick. I like his voice and I love "Fever" but I felt like there were better performances this week.

5. Chris S. The first time I ever heard that song was by Taylor last season. I like it a lot. I think Chris did a great job with it.

4. Brandon. I like the minimal arrangement on that song. He could have done a little more with it, but I liked the sentimental delivery.

3. Sundance. Yay! He's back! He sounded really good on an appropriate song.

2. Chris R. He's very consistent. Very entertaining.

1. Blake (again, in first!). He gets points for difficulty, first of all. He was confident and fun. His beat-boxing and scat fit in perfectly, and didn't overstay their welcome. I'm a fan!

#520669 02/28/07 03:17 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Oh, about the elimination. I actually don't think my bottom 2 will be eliminated. I think Jared and AJ will be. We'll see, though!

#520670 02/28/07 07:41 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Blake and Chris R are my favorites for the guys. I havent paid attention to the ladies much...

Touch the magic...
#520671 02/28/07 10:53 AM
Active
Active
I must be totally watching another program because I love Blake, he's by far my favorite, but I thought other than the scat/beatbox thing, his performance was terrible, totally off key, he seems to be singing under the note, never letting it fully evolve. I thought his performance last week was also lackluster, albeit pretty. Again, I WANT him to do well and keep trying to will his performance to be great, but I'm not hearing it, AT ALL. frown (And I totally want him and Ryan to hook up, lol)

I love some of these guys, but other than maybe Chris S. I don't think any of them should even be on the same stage as most of the women.

#520672 02/28/07 06:56 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Sorry Bubbles, Blake was also, once again, my favorite guy of the night! Like Dean, I'm a fan.

Judging from the clips of Blake in action on YOUTube, he's no novice either. He's been at this for a minute.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#520673 02/28/07 07:01 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And everyone's heard about Antonella's nude-photos scandal, right?

I wouldn't put it past that bitchy friend of hers (the one that got booted in H'Wood and refused to help blonde-country lass Bailey prepare for group round) to have leaked those!!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#520674 02/28/07 07:44 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Hmmm... what do I think about this Antonella story?

Well, my first reaction was to wonder if it got her kicked off the show. Next...OMG, I wanna see those pictures! Next, shame and guilt. Next, she wasn't that good a singer anyway.

As for Blake, I'm sure that I *am* willing his performances to be greater in my mind than they are. He's giving me the old razzle-dazzle!

Only a bit more than 4 hours til the ladies sing again!

#520675 02/28/07 10:51 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
OH MY FREAKIN' GAWD!!! Another good ladies night.

It's ALL about Melinda Dolittle. Loved, loved LOVED her... cried all the way through! I adore the song "My Funny Valentine" and I have never heard it sound better than this. She's SO sweet, I just love her.

Jordin also teared me up, singing "Reflection".

The judges piss me OFF not giving Leslie the credit she deserves!!!

Gina did well again.

Cracks are starting to show in the armour of the judges' early, over-pimped favorite Lakisha.

Stephanie and Sabrina weren't as good as last week.

The judges dogged out Antonella and Haley, both of whom I liked.

Antonella is so AMAZINGLY beautiful it almost hurts me to look at her. Obviously the pictures were some kind of fake or not to scandalous after all, AI has obviously kept her around.

Alaina proved that she should have went home LAST week and the chick who sang "I Can't Make You Love Me" should have stayed.

Good show overall!!

After watching the guys again, my favorites were Blake, Chris S., Phil, Jared, Brandon and the OTHER Chirs-- despite that weird jerking he does!

I'll have to record tomorrow, as I'll be late getting off work!

#520676 02/28/07 11:12 PM
Active
Active
Melinda TOTALLY rocks! I ABSOLUTELY ADORE HER! I still think Lakisha is the frontrunner,which unfortunately means she won't win. I think the next American Idol will be Jordin. She's great w/o being the obvious choice, so she'll never be the obvious choice to pick off.

#520677 02/28/07 11:21 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I have 40 more minutes to wait! I'll be recording Top Model on the computer while I watch AI on the TiVo! Wednesdays are gonna be complicated!

#520678 03/01/07 12:36 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
I have 40 more minutes to wait! I'll be recording Top Model on the computer while I watch AI on the TiVo! Wednesdays are gonna be complicated!
Tru dat! I had to keep flipping back and forth between the two!

#520679 03/01/07 12:41 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Sounds like my Mondays with Heroes, 24 and Two and a Half Men.

#520680 03/01/07 02:53 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
ok finally watched the guys tonight

1) Phil - I agree, he sings well, but he is lacking something. I'm not sure what it is, but he doesn't feel like a celebrity in the making.

2) Jared - For a Marvin Gaye song, I felt absolutely nothing sexual or sensual about it and that's the emotion that should be evoked. Not my cup of tea. The girls really seemed to like it though.

3) AJ - Wow, no excitement from him either. Again, he's good, just not celebrity material IMO. Good song I guess, but why aren't these guys showing off more? But the judges all liked him, so what do I know?

4) Sanjaya - dull, dull dull... enough said. And was it me or was he off in the end?

5) Chris S. - First off, let me say I love his personality. Second, his voice is amazing. I think this week, he played it a bit safe. I guess I just want a bit more... risk. He deserves to move forward and he's the first one tonight I can say that about.

6) Nick - I love this song, but I felt that such a well known song should have something original that makes it stand out. I did like the way he ended it, but still kinda just blah. He deserves to move onward as well.

7)Blake - I have adored him since the auditions and I think he is the most original of all the men. I can't say enough good about him. He's my favorite as of now. He rocks!!!!!

8) Brandon - Wow, a Cyndi song. He gets props for that, even if I thought he took away everything that was great about the orignal song and watered it down a bit too much. But his voice is good and he should move onward.

9) Chris R - We got movement!!!!! Something else else that was lacking all night except for Blake. He has charisma, he has the voice and he's a very close second to Blake for me.

10) Sundance - I want to like him. I really really think he has an underdog quality to him, and I like him alot. After this week, he moves to third for me.

Hmmm after going back through the posts, I see that Sketch and I pretty much agree especially with the top 3. I would put Chris S above Brandon though.

Touch the magic...
#520681 03/01/07 03:51 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
And now, the ladies...

1) Gina - I have liked her since the beginning, theres something original about her. I love her voice and she looked really good tonight. One thing I like about her song choice, it shows off slow and pretty and moves into a heavy rock song. I like her alot...

2) Alaina - Not a fan - the vocals seemed weak to me, and to compensate for her voice, she tried to oversing it. Overdone. I think she should go home. She's pretty, Ill give her that.

3) Lakisha - Hmmm. Having missed her audition and missing the ladies last week, this was my first encounter with Lakisha. She's good, I suppose, but I didn't feel like it was anything special. I think she'll move forward, but I'm not totally impressed. I agree with Simon about the outfit.

4) Melinda - What a voice! Great personality. I think she will go far, just maybe not as an Idol winner. I see her more as a Broadway singer with several Tony's under her belt before all is said and done. I love her and she will go far, but I don't think she will be the next American Idol.

5) Antonella - I agree with Lash, she's beautiful. She had some trouble with the song, it sounded off. I don't know what to make of her, really. I didn't think she was as bad as the judges indicated either. But I don't think she's as good as some of the others on here.

6) Jordin - Very "breezy" in the beginning, but she rebounded and I thought she ended up doing a fabulous job, I like her alot. If she's only seventeen, she's gonna go far. She should move onward.

7) Stephanie - I get the feeling this is supposed to be a song that "pops" when it's sang well. It didn't "pop" for me tonight, and I just thought she was ok. But she doesn't jump out at me at all. But again, the judges are liking her.

8) Leslie - I like her voice alot! The outfit didn't go with the performance but that is a minor distraction and I think she is definately good enough to go forward. Back to her voice, it feels hypnotic to me. I enjoyed it.

9) Haley - What is she trying to be? Queen of the Night? or Barbie Lite? I don't understand her and to me, she's nothing spectacular. But yes, she was having fun and it showed. I reserve my judgement but I fear she may not be back.

10) Sabrina - I didn't think the vocals were all that great for her, but the judges loved her. But when there are so many other, stronger performers, she's going to have an early exit, I think.

For me the top three are Jordin, Melinda and Gina in no particular order. But I see other things in Melinda's future, like I said above.

Touch the magic...
#520682 03/01/07 04:46 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
From worst to best...

10. Haley. I always give her a chance in my mind, but I just cannot get into her. I think she looks really generic and can't sing her favorite kind of songs very well. I mean, she tries Celine and Whitney. She's just not good enough!

9. Antonella. Better than last week, but still not good enough. She is smokin' hot to look at though!

8.Alaina. Again, better than last week, but she's still in the bottom half of my list. Another super hot looking girl!

7. Jordin. It's hard for me to put her here, but I was actually whincing as she started that song. She got it together by the end, but man, it was a rough start. It's a bit unfair that they're playing those emotional dedications right before the performances, but that should add a tenderness, not mess things up. I have to remember how young she is.

6. Gina. I guess I agree with Simon about her. I don't get her. Is she a punk/rebel? A rocker? A Celine Dion protege? She looks like she doesn't know her own identity. I've heard each of the songs she's done, by contestants from previous seasons, and done better. Still, she's my #6.

5.Leslie. I swear that reading the reviews by some of you here has influenced me. I actually like her quirkiness and kinda doofiness! I liked her little scat. I like that she's so different.
I'd like to hear her sing Dusty Springfield.

4. Sabrina. See, now, I love Whitney Houston and I like it when someone can sing her songs well. At first, I didn't think Sabrina was gonna cut it, but she did. Whew!

3. LaKisha. This reminded me of a Kelly Clarkson performance. Kelly always sang sure-fire crowd pleasers, and she sang them well. That's what LaKisha did.

2. Stephanie. That song is really complex and difficult and I was worried, but Steph really held it together and got it done right! She looked awesome.

1. Melinda. Man, I've got a big ol' crush on her! I LOVE her arrangement of Funny Valentine and her delivery was amazing! Wow! Yikes, if she gets taken away, I'll be so upset!

#520683 03/01/07 04:51 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
From worst to best...

5.Leslie. I swear that reading the reviews by some of you here has influenced me. I actually like her quirkiness and kinda doofiness! I liked her little scat. I like that she's so different.
I'd like to hear her sing Dusty Springfield.

Yup. She's got that kinda voice...

Touch the magic...
#520684 03/01/07 05:11 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Oh yeah, I wanted to report that Fantasia sang "I'm Here" from the Color Purple on Oprah and it was *amazing*!! She was crying at the end of the song as Oprah came up and gave her a hug.

I just love me some Fantasia!

#520685 03/01/07 08:36 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
YAY, I got home earlier than expected! less than 25 minutes 'til eliminations and the antics of K-Pickle!

And then back here to spoil!!!

#520686 03/01/07 08:39 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
oooooh, Matt, I really like the description of Leslie's voice as "hypnotic"! I agree! She's right up there with Melinda and Jordin for me!

#520687 03/01/07 10:15 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
OK, it's over....

1st guy eliminated:

I wasn't disappointed, as I've felt he's lacked the true urge to make it, but I was a little surprised, as I thought his extremely handsome looks would carry him further.

1st gal elminated:

Not surprised or disappointed at all, though the elimination was very emotional.

2nd guy eliminated:

Not surprised or disappointed, though I feel the young man facing elminiation with him should have went this week and the actual elminiated contestant should have left next week.

2nd gal eliminated:

NoooooOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!

A travesty. I blame myself for not voting for her (I haven't voted at all yet; maybe I need to get on it).

re: Kellie Pickler...

I quite liked the sad song, but when did K-Pick become Tammy Wynette? Good Lord, she looked 45, she's aged so much. I'm a little worried about her. I think I might check out her CD.

#520688 03/02/07 02:06 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I agree with everything LASH just wrote. I'm really upset about Leslie. I guess for the girls im rooting for Jordin now, although I love Melinda.

And all my guys made it thru so Im a happy camper.

And like you LASH, I didn't vote either. That won't happen again.

Touch the magic...
#520689 03/02/07 04:32 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I think Nick could have been good on the regular show, so I'm bummed that he's out. I don't think he would have won, though. I'm just not a Phil fan. I wish he was the one leaving.

I *knew* Alaina wouldn't be able to sing, because of the tears. It was actually very sweet. I like her now! (Bad timing!)

I LOVE that Sundance is a big cry baby! (I'm one, too, and my family makes fun of me all the time about it! Oh well, it's better than being a blah.)

I wasn't shocked that Sanjaya was safe. There must be a lot of voters out there who like the whole underdog angle. Or it could be a "Vote for the Worst" thing. Or, the producers might be cheating and eliminating who they want. Is that illegal? I was, however, disappointed that AJ was cut. I liked his last performance a lot.

It's pretty much the same for Antonella and Leslie for me. I can't understand how A is safe and L was the one chosen to go. The voting is always weird on this show.

Lots of tears. I guess I don't often get to see the elimination shows, so this is all pretty new. TiVo!

Kelly Pickler looked 50! Well, with a SMOKIN' hot body. When did she turn into Tammy Wynette? Her song was sweet and pretty sad, and she did well. Still, I expected her to break out with "Stand by your Man!"

#520690 03/02/07 04:34 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Hah! Lash and I said the same thing about Kellie! I forgot that Lash calls her Pickles! Hee!

Page 46 of 77 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,861
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Jesse Jackson
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
XRay Russ
XRay Russ
Planet Dracksler
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star