Roll Call
0 members (), 50 Murran Spies, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/03/24 05:20 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/03/24 02:29 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:58 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:53 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:50 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 06/02/24 07:35 PM
What I found today at my LCS!
by thoth lad - 06/02/24 03:22 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 02:37 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 59 of 77 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 76 77
Re: American Idol
#520991 05/15/08 07:42 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I hated to see Syesha go mainly because Semi likes her a lot, but I wasn't really surprised about the Dx2 results.

First season in a while to have a guy/guy finale, huh.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#520992 05/15/08 10:21 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dean-- download Switchfoot's "Dare You to Move" and "Meant to Live" (which I actually prefer). Fun rocky-pop stuff.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#520993 05/15/08 11:17 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I knew Syesha would be going. Can't say I understand it or like it, but it was expected and I accept it. Now on to next week. Is there any information on the format? I remember last year's finale, and even though I didn't care for the two finalists, the overall show was fantastic. I'm looking forward to next week.

#520994 05/15/08 11:25 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
There was nothing wrong with Archuletta's performance of the Billy Joel song, but it didn't grab me. He was terrible on the Chris Brown song... he seemed 80. OMG... Dan Fogelberg? Now he's 90! Wow. I guess his fans are a mighty texting force!
"Members" in UT are nearly required to text/call for him. I'd love to see the % of what is coming out of Utah because I can guarantee it is over 75% of his votes. Can't turn the TV on without hearing about him or how mistreated his poor father is. Definitely the last season I'll ever pay attention to the show.

#520995 05/18/08 12:43 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I hope they have both Davids do the same song. I always like that. Clay and Ruben didn't have to do the same song. Neither did Taylor and Catherine. I think ever other final 2 did, though.

Justin & Kelly both... "A Moment Like This" and "Before Your Love." I preferred Kelly by far.

Clay & Ruben... Clay did "This is the Night" and Ruben did "Flying Without Wings"

Fantasia and Diana both ...."I Believe" and "Dreams." Fantasia was amazing on both.

Bo and Carrie both... "Inside Your Heaven"

Taylor and Catherine.... Taylor did "Do I Make You Proud" and Cat did "My Destiny"

Jordin and Blake both "This is My Now"

When they do the same song, it makes it easier for me to know which I prefer, even if that person doesn't win.

#520996 05/21/08 01:15 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Well, I didn't get my wish for both singing the same song. Oh well.

I thought they both did a great job. Archuletta was very consistent and put that extra umph into his performances. Cook stayed cool with songs that were a tad less AI Finale, but were respectable.

Over the whole season, I found Cook to be more entertaining. I'd prefer him to win. However, I think Archuletta will win, but Cook will be more successful. We'll see....

#520997 05/21/08 08:04 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:

Over the whole season, I found Cook to be more entertaining. I'd prefer him to win. However, I think Archuletta will win, but Cook will be more successful. We'll see....
Agreed 100%. The judges were falling all over each other to proclaim D.A. the winner... Maybe his voice will change at 18 and he'll end up sounding like Peter Brady.

I particularly like Cook's second song... I could easily hear it playing on the radio.

D.A.'s three weepy ballads threatened to put me to sleep... "Don't Let the Sun..." is *SO* frikkin' over-done/blown, and I thought his choice to revisit "Imagine" was a little lazy.

#520998 05/21/08 02:53 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
dialidol.com predicts Cook to be the winner. I'd like to see it, it would be the upset of 2008.

#520999 05/21/08 07:19 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My fingers are crossed for Cook. I'll have to leave the internet soon so I won't peek at the results before the broadcast starts in California. Whatever happens, I'm expecting it to be a fun show tonight.

#521000 05/21/08 11:26 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I watched the whole show, but about 25 minutes behind so I could fast forward through the commercials and Jordin Sparks, Jonas Brothers and Carrie Underwood. My DVR cut off right after Ryan said and the winner of American Idol is ....! I had to go to Zap2It (which I had avoided all night because I'm in California) to find out who friggin' won.

Okay, I'm happy and Cookie is so ready for stardom. Just compare the two guitar hero commercials. Cookie nailed it. Archie's was just embarrassing. Finally the right person won. Cookie's ZZ Top number was classic. Good job, America.

#521001 05/22/08 12:06 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I cried tears of joy!

Love me some David Cook!

I hope his older brother's doing okay, though. Adam Cook has brain cancer, and I admired how David kept this off the air because he didn't want sympathy votes. All David did on air was put the "AC" on his guitar to honor both of his brothers. When he cried after the Collective Soul song, I was thinking about Adam and how David desperately wanted to perform a Depeche Mode (Adam's favorite band) song at some point for him, but A.I. could never secure the rights to do so.

Cook's originality really served him well this season and made his performances must-sees. Some have derisively referred to him as Lil' Daughtry. But I honestly think David could outshine Chris based on what I've seen on Idol, plus David's solo work I've heard from his self-produced solo album.

Honestly, though, I thought Archuleta's teeny-bopper appeal would give him the edge in the votes. In the end I guess Archie was just a little too one-dimensional. I hope he does well, though. He's a nice kid, but he probably needed the win a lot more than Cookie did to build his resume. Without a doubt, Archie can sing really, really well.

Once again, a rousing finale, and I was so glad to see America agreed with me!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#521002 05/22/08 12:20 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
WOW!!! The right one won. I'm actually surprised.

OMG....David Cook had me at "Hello." Hah! I wasn't that into him before that. I'm afraid Archuletta peaked with his first time singing "Imagine." Still, a good final 2.

Carrie looked AMAZING! ZZTop shoulda played "Legs" and had Carrie strut around. Success sits well on La Underwood.

George Michael looked like it's worse than a cold, as he said. Yikes. I hope he's okay. He sounded good.

Seal sounded good.

Does anyone else think they have sound troubles on result nights? Do they hire the second string sound people on Wednesdays?

I'm actually able to give up tv now, until Project Runway starts up again! It was a fun season.

#521003 05/22/08 07:52 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I was actually flabbergasted that Cook won-- and overjoyed as well. Had "Gaspy" (as D.A. is called on votefortheworst.com) actually won (as I expected) I would have been SOOOOO over it all.

I guess the judges learned the results earlier-- I noticed that Simon was eating a little crow in regards to the unfairly harsh criticsm of David Cook.

A fun season, overall. It'll be January before we know it...!

#521004 05/22/08 08:29 AM
Active
Active
I just heard that in August they will be holding open auditions here in Salt Lake City for the next season. Guess they are paying homage to all the Mormon kids who get into the top 12 nearly every season, and now as high as #2. All the little tweens in Utah are moping into their national brands knock off cereal this morning because Archie didn't win. Probably wearing black at Murray High this morning.

Personally I didn't find the appeal about Archie changing up most of his songs and turning them into his 'unique and original style.' This is just my opinion, but I think he would be terriffic on a state fair circuit or in Branson or Disneyland or something. (Or right here in Utah up at Lagoon amusement park, LOL)

Cook won, okay. I know Scott and I won't ever buy any of his albums or go to any of his concerts or whatever.

Look at the school of hard knocks that true American Idols, true American ICONS used to have to go through. Really makes me wonder if there was a way to go back in time and offer up the likes of teenage Dolly, Elvis, Cher, Barry, etc., etc. Just curious how our real idols who have achieved musical immortality would have been treated.

I also wonder how long its going to be before the rest of the story with Archie's father comes out. That nut job is a ticking time bomb and he has got to be royally pissed and waiting for an excuse. Again all just my take, no biggie.

#521005 05/22/08 08:47 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I said last night, "Uh oh! Li'l David's going to get SUCH a whippin' tonight!" Yeah, his Dad just seems a bit creepy. And WHERE is Mom in all this?

#521006 05/26/08 02:08 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I know it's not new or anything, but I'm still liking Jordin & Chris' "No Air."

#521007 05/27/08 10:13 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So I've been travelling a bit over the last couple of months and haven't been able to keep up with AI unfortunately.

I missed the week that Michael got kicked off on but was obviously very disappointed to hear about it. I really think he would have killed in later weeks but those lack-lustre early performances did him in I guess. I think he got the exposure he wanted from it though so it's really up to him where he goes from here. My brother lives with him in L.A. now so I will keep you all informed of any exciting news that I hear.

Neither of the two Davids were particular faves of mine so I was pretty Meh about the whole Final. I grew to really like Jason and Kristy Lee towards their ends though and would definitely keep an open mind about any CDs they might release. Chickezie and Brooke too.

One thing that I am totally OVER re: AI though are Simon, Randy and (to a lesser extent) Paula and that whole annoying cult of non-personality this show feeds into for them. I haven't heard Randy say one constructive or intelligent thing the entire time I've watched this show. What's he doing there? Simon is an ego-maniacal twat who clearly chooses favourites and then sabotages the rest. And Paula is having a breakdown on national television. But at least that's funny to watch.

#521008 05/27/08 10:33 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Heh. I can condense ebverything Randy said all season into this:

You can sing the phone book, dawg. You're in the zone, it was just a'ight for me.

#521009 05/28/08 11:27 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
They've become caricatures of themselves.

Blacula, I saw the clip of Michael on Ellen. He was really good with that Dolly Parton song. I hope it's on any cd he puts out. I wish him the best, he's got a lot of fans out there.

I became a Cook fan over the course of the season, for sure. I've re-watched several of his performances since the show ended. Whatever happened to "best of" AI cd's? Have iTunes and youtube rendered them unnecessary?

#521010 01/14/09 12:07 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Hey,
The season premiered!

I had fun. Had a few laughs.
X-ray cracked us up, in our house.

Bikini Girl's gonna get crushed in Hollywood.

The new judge isn't all that interesting, but maybe it'll get better as the season progresses.

#521011 01/15/09 07:50 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Lots of good stories last night.

#521012 01/16/09 11:21 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
What? No Idol Chat?

#521013 01/22/09 01:53 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Hello,
Welcome to Sketch Lad's American Idol Season 8 Blog! I'm Sketch Lad.

This week, as usual, the goofy auditions were goofy and the good auditions were good. As usual, I'm tired of this part and can't wait til Hollywood Week and the actual competition.

Please, feel free to make my personal AI8 blog into a message board thread. Post any time!

Love,
Sketch

#521014 01/22/09 06:54 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hi Sketchy! Long story short: I missed last week's episodes!

But I saw this week's.

There were a couple of girls we caught snippets of making it to Hollywood, one had wine hair and wone had blonde with purple ends, both intrigued me... probably because of my fascination with purple-haired chicks. Plus lots of cute guys!

I LOATHED the first girl last night, Miss Gigglepuss. GO HOME already. You're obviously too cute for AI.

Alexis, the Memphis girl. One of my coworkers met her on a plane and he told us she said she makes it to Hollywood and to be sure to watch last night's episode. She was cute.

I was so prepared to be over the last chick last night, because I'm so tired of "I was raised with nothing" sob-stories, but she totally won me over by singing an original song she had written that seemed nearly ready for radio-play. Good for her!

There are some changes coming, I hear:

Hollywood rounds will last for 2 televised weeks (4 episodes) this season, so we should get to know everyone fairly well.

Also, we will have a top 36, not a top 24. They will be divided into groups (much like Season 3), and trhe top boy and top girl votegetter PLUS the next highest votegetter (regardless of gender) will make it through.

And there will be a Wild-Card round for the judges' picks again (which is good, because Jennifer Hudson never would have made it through without being Randy's wild card pick).

Good stuff coming up.

#521015 01/25/09 11:44 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Glad you're here, Lash!

Oh, did anyone notice that there was a contestant named Casey Carlson? Like KC Carlson, weird huh? In fact this thread was originally started because of a contestant named Carlos Pacheo.

Just thought that was neato.

Page 59 of 77 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,861
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Jesse Jackson
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star