Roll Call
0 members (), 59 Murran Spies, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/03/24 05:20 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/03/24 02:29 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:58 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:53 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:50 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 06/02/24 07:35 PM
What I found today at my LCS!
by thoth lad - 06/02/24 03:22 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 02:37 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 61 of 77 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 76 77
Re: American Idol
#521041 02/26/09 04:22 PM
Active
Active
My favorite was Meagan. She hit some bad notes, but I liked her vibe...

#521042 02/27/09 06:22 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Your avatar looks like Adam, knowjack!
smile

I'm hoping the judges use wildcards for Megan and Welder guy.

I think it was funny how taken I was with Adam, even before I heard him sing.
I thought if he couldn't really sing, he should be an actor ~ he can sing! but he's already done stage work!
lol

Some of these kids have such huge backgrounds in the entertainment industry already, I don't know why they need Idol.
Fast track, I guess.

I heard here that one girl was disqualified because of her contracts, or something like that.
How does Idol decide who has too much experience and who doesn't?

And does anybody know what happened to the boy last year who was living in his car?
Did he make auditions this year?

Anyway,
The only guy who made an impression of the last 12 to sing is the blindish guy.

I hope there's enough talent in the last group to warrent 3 sponts on the team!

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521043 02/27/09 05:07 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Aw crud! I always miss one of the nights.

I have to agree with Lash. That guy was pretty good. He's got the look and the voice and listening to him talk with his "Aw shucks maam" accent made me want to hear him take on an Elvis song.

I always have a hard time with names. The blonde with the amazing tatoo kicked bootey. I loved her bluesy performance. She doesn't need Idol just cut a CD and get it on the shelves.

#521044 02/27/09 08:03 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I love it when the ones I like make it!

Sorry, but the guy who did "Man in the Mirror" is just totally forgettable to me.

I've considered actually taking notes as I watch these shows, but I'm actually not THAT into it. When we get to the top 12 though, I like to rank them from my least favorite to most favorite and see how it varies week to week. I haven't looked back over the past couple of years of posts here in a while. I'll have to do that soon....

#521045 02/27/09 10:00 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
BROOKE.... can't wait to buy her cd!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#521046 02/28/09 01:26 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Megan! I thought that song rolled, it was hot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPgYMme88iA
Doesn't her voice have a fun sexy bounce to it?

#521047 02/28/09 02:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Oh, wow. You've got to visit Brooke's MYSPACE page. I know she's last year, but Thursday night reminded me of how much I love her. Really, I think she's an angel.

http://www.myspace.com/brookewhite

You'll want to listen to her sweet cover of Coldplay's "YELLOW".

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#521048 03/02/09 09:54 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Great space! Of course, I already knew Adam Lambert was a raging queermosexual, but I hope THESE PHOTOS don't ruin his chances on AI!

He actually looks like a club kid straight out of "Party Monster"...

#521049 03/02/09 09:56 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And PLEASE do yourself a favor and scroll down far enough to see the poster "smartie"'s HI-abso-freakin-LARIOUS Amanda Overmyer avatar. Oh, PLEASE, Gary, can I have it here?!?!?!?

#521050 03/03/09 09:11 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wow, I actually thought tonight would be the rejects night, but collectively, this group was the best. I think it's going to be a difficult time getting only 3 through.

STANDOUTS, for me...

Von Smith (singer # 1) was surprisingly good.

The blind guy gave me chills (though I love the Bruce Hornsby original of "Mandolin Rain"... great song... think I might try it in scare-aoke).

Felicia Barton was stunning to look at. Not my fave song but she did it well.

Ju'not Joyner stood out mainly because I thought he sucked but the judges were falling all over themselves to complement him.

Blondie who did Tracy Chapman... I agreed it was good, but like a REALLY good karaoke. I adore Chapman's voice, though, so I might be prejudiced against anyone who isn't as deep and powerfully heartfelt.

Gaythaniel did better than I would have suspected, he seems fun. Adam may be hotter but I suspect I'd have more fun with Nate.

Lil Rounds was all okay and stuff, but they are on crack if they think she matched or topped Mary J. Blige. No way. LOVE me some Mary.

I think Jorge is a lock for top guy. Best of the night, for me. The tears were the icing on the voter's cupcakes I'd wager. I'd have given top guy slot to the blind guy before Jorge sang.

Definite bye-byes to:

Cute blonde who sang Martina McBride

Cute dark haired chick who sang ABBA

Cute dorky guy who sang "I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues", though I kinda liked it.

This is going to be a tough week. Very unexpected.

DON'T FORGET: WILD CARDS are selected Thursday night!

#521051 03/04/09 12:08 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
It was R&B night for me! I loved Ju'Not and Lil Rounds. Top male and female by far.

For me, it's a tough choice for third place. I liked Mr. Puerto Rico. I liked the last minute girl in black who sang Alicia Keys. I liked the Sunshine Yellow Country Girl.

Otherwise, this show was way better than last week, but some of them were bad... the cute girl who sang Abba, the guy who did IGTWTCITBlues by Elton. Nate was a mess!

#521052 03/04/09 12:09 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Hah! I read Lash's post right after I posted mine. We agree and we disagree. Funny.

#521053 03/04/09 12:22 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Wow, I actually thought tonight would be the rejects night, but collectively, this group was the best. I think it's going to be a difficult time getting only 3 through.

STANDOUTS, for me...

Von Smith (singer # 1) was surprisingly good.
* I thought he was good too. I think he's known as a young Sam Harris. He didn't go over the top, which was a good thing.

The blind guy gave me chills (though I love the Bruce Hornsby original of "Mandolin Rain"... great song... think I might try it in scare-aoke).
* I didn't think he was that good, but you can't deny the impact of his story.

Felicia Barton was stunning to look at. Not my fave song but she did it well.
*She's the one who did Alicia Keys, right? I don't have the names down yet. If it's her, I really liked her even though it was a bit of a copy cat job.

Ju'not Joyner stood out mainly because I thought he sucked but the judges were falling all over themselves to complement him.
*I really liked him. I thought he did a great job.

Blondie who did Tracy Chapman... I agreed it was good, but like a REALLY good karaoke. I adore Chapman's voice, though, so I might be prejudiced against anyone who isn't as deep and powerfully heartfelt.
*She's kind of a mess. I wouldn't miss her.

Gaythaniel did better than I would have suspected, he seems fun. Adam may be hotter but I suspect I'd have more fun with Nate.
*I thought he was silly. He sang okay, but he needs a make-over.

Lil Rounds was all okay and stuff, but they are on crack if they think she matched or topped Mary J. Blige. No way. LOVE me some Mary.
*No, she did not or could not top Mary, but she was awesome. She really nailed it.

I think Jorge is a lock for top guy. Best of the night, for me. The tears were the icing on the voter's cupcakes I'd wager. I'd have given top guy slot to the blind guy before Jorge sang.
* I liked him. I'm happy for anyone who is living their dream like this and appreciates it.

Definite bye-byes to:

Cute blonde who sang Martina McBride
*I liked her, but there are a million of her out there.

Cute dark haired chick who sang ABBA
*Terrible. Good thing she's so cute! (Why am I pushing her button?)

Cute dorky guy who sang "I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues", though I kinda liked it.
*Hated it. I love that song and he totally ruined it.

This is going to be a tough week. Very unexpected.

DON'T FORGET: WILD CARDS are selected Thursday night!

#521054 03/04/09 12:31 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It's totally cool to agree and disagree! I really have high hopes for Lil Rounds, I want 2 Memphis girls in the top 12! I just didn't think she was so Mary. Her confidence level is WAY on up there, though. That can do wonders for you.
POSSIBLE SPOILERS from DIALIDOL.COM.....

Top gal: Lil Rounds

Top guy: The blind guy (Scott...?)

As usual, a tossup for 3rd place. They've been right the past 2 weeks....

#521055 03/04/09 06:43 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'd have voted for Scott, but I was too tired.
sigh

I guess that Adams being gay will effect the way voting goes on Idol.
But, how much it affects him might depend on what kind of career he's looking to create while there.

Idol seems kind of mainstream, for someone who wants an alternative lifestyle audience, acting or singing.

Does that make any sense?

I'm just glad I don't have to figure it out for him!
I can just sit back and enjoy his talent, no matter WHO he wants to kiss.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521056 03/04/09 08:20 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Okay, so no colossal surprises in who made spots 7-9 (Lil, Scott & Jorge).

The surprises came during the announcements of the Wild Cards!

Biggest shocker- Randy putting Tatiana Del Toro through. The Vote for the Worst Crowd will be thrilled, especially after her over-the-top falling to her knees breakdown after the announcement that she was in!

Best shocker- Paula's last-minute change puts red-headed Jesse who sang "Bette Davis Eyes" through. Unless she jacks up something awful, I'm voting my ass off for her.

Most disappointing- No hope for Felicia Barton, she didn't make the pick for wildcard.

Most expected wildcard- Anoop. Though they made him sweat it out to the last spot.

Von Smith from last night certainly deserved a slot, so good for him.

Others who made wildcard pick:

Jasmine Murray, though after her awful performance I don't know why.

"Tattoo arms" Megan.

"Dueling pianos" Matt and Ricky Braddy, who make an adoreable couple!

The 8 wildcards sing tomorrow and I figure the judges will let us know at the end which 3 of the 8 will make the final 3 members of the top 12.

#521057 03/05/09 01:04 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Nope, no surprises. I'll just say it.... I'm sure Scott got votes based on the sentimentality of his situation. He sounds fine, not incredible. I'm looking forward to the Wild Card performances. I mean, they have to be great, right?

#521058 03/05/09 09:36 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I like the wild card addition.
Tonight should be fun.

I'm hoping for Megan!
The other two, I don't know.

I think that Scott has a lot of potential ~ we'll just have to see how he matures.
I wouldn't have voted for him if he weren't better than the others, imo.
(I WOULD have voted for him, really!)
smile

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521059 03/05/09 11:00 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I really hope Megan turns in a solid performance. I like her "Ricky Lee Jones" R&B style and her sultry voice.
Go Megan!

#521060 03/05/09 08:15 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Y'know, I had a suspicion that this would happen thanks to there being 4 judges now. (You'll see what I mean)

Of the ones put into the final group, I disagree with 2.

#521061 03/05/09 11:08 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I'm good with the choices and the surprise.

#521062 03/06/09 11:00 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Are we doing spoilers now?

I'm good with the choices, too.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521063 03/10/09 08:28 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Shady, since I'm usually first to post after the elimination thread, I tend to be vague so as not to accidentally spoil anyone in later timezones! Speaking of which, GINORMOUS spoiler speculation at the end of this post. so warning.

Okay... tonight was interesting. Just some snippets until I get more into it.

In the order of who I remember:

ADAM... you may be looking at your next gay boykissing Elvis-looking American Idol. Love him.

ALLISON... I was on the fence. I'm off of it now. Love that she has the voice of a seasoned 40-year old vet.

ALEXIS... Love her look, love the performance.

KRIS... I want to make out with him. Likeable. I agreed with Simon about maybe waiting a couple of weeks to spring the wife on us, though that sounds awful!

ALEX & ANOOP... The judges totally threw them under the bus. Did NOT deseve the reaming-out they got.

LIL... She DOES have the swagger! Likeable.

MICHAEL... He's better than I thought!

MATT... I thought he did well, but I think the Justin Timberlake stuff is going to hurt him in the long run.

JASMINE & MEGAN: Don't really belong there.... out of their league. But Simon has crushes on them so they ARE there... wink

DANNY... I'm less a fan of his than some are.

SCOTT... I'm sorta on the fence. I want him to show he won't be all Barry Manilow or something.

NOW COMES A SPOILER SPECULATION:

WHAT I THINK THE CHANGE WILL BE:

Like on "Dancing with the Stars", the judges will now have 50% say alongside American in who goes.

OR

After bottom 3 are announced, the judges themselves will decide who stays and who goes without the lowest votegetter ever being made public knowledge.

#521064 03/10/09 11:26 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Overall, I thought it was a pretty good show! My least to most favorite....

Anoop -He actually wasn't bad, it's just that the song is too legendary to be done by some random kid like Anoop.

Scott - It just came across as corny and/or cheesey.

Jorge - Again, not actually bad, just not very memorable or interesting.

Kris - I'm not a fan, so it'll take something really cool for me to warm to him.

Jasmine - So cute! I'm sure she's heard Mariah's version of that song all her life. I'd have liked it better if she did it sweeter and smaller.

Megan - I kept thinking "How would Amy Winehouse" do this song?" as I watched Megan. It was interesting, but I'm not sure I was sold. I should be sure.

Matt - I like him, but I think a lot of others in this competition are better.

Lil - Really good! Is it creepy that I wish she was wearing a short skirt with that ruffley top?

Allison - Love a rock chick with pipes! She should try not to talk very much though.

Danny - I AM a fan. I thought he was good with an odd song choice. Don't dance Danny!

Michael - I've always liked him, but I thought this was really, really good!

Alexis - I love her! Great job with an interesting song choice.

Adam - What if Axel Rose sang this Michael Jackson song? Adam! I knew he'd be good, but he really exceeded my expectations.

#521065 03/11/09 05:33 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Thanks for the heads up, MLLASH!
smile

I have to agree with you guys that Scott's voice didn't seem to have much depth or range last night.
sigh

And I'm afraid the girls don't move me, really.
/alexis and Lily were okay but he rocker kid sings all of her songs so that they sound exactly the same and the other teeny was flat quite a lot of the time ~ Paula commented on it.

Adams not even in the same competition, I think, he's so much better.
Like Paula said ~ I don't know why he isn't already a headliner and star.

Without him, it might be a competition ~ a rather bland one, but at least Danny and some of the others would stand a chance.

I know American voting can be unpredictable but geez, Adam would REALLY have to make people mad or something horrible, to loose.
I think the only thing that might hurt him is if he comes across as arrogant, which he hasn't, yet.

As for the judging changes tonight, those are good guesses, LASH.
smile

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
Page 61 of 77 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,861
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Jesse Jackson
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
XRay Russ
XRay Russ
Planet Dracksler
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star