Roll Call
1 members (Ann Hebistand), 46 Murran Spies, and 102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/03/24 08:36 AM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/03/24 08:28 AM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/03/24 02:29 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:58 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:53 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 06/02/24 08:50 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 06/02/24 07:35 PM
What I found today at my LCS!
by thoth lad - 06/02/24 03:22 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 62 of 77 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 76 77
Re: American Idol
#521066 03/11/09 06:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
DIALIDOL.COM info follows! Not really a spoiler as it is in no way official, but be warned that it could be close to accurate!

Dialidol.com has predicted the following 5 to be the highest votegetters and definitely safe tonight:

Danny

Adam

Lil

Alexis

Anoop

The margin of error is tight on all other contestants to really any of them could be on the chopping block, but they have listed the bottom 3 on their site as: Jasmine (11th), Allison (12th) and Jorge (13th).

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#521067 03/11/09 11:11 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
The eliminations were no surprise.

So, the group numbers are lip synched, right? Seacrest intro'd it as a medley. It was just one song, right?

I can't get into Kanye's current stuff.

Kelly looked pregnant. I suppose that's mean. Sorry Kel.

#521068 03/12/09 01:33 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
That about says it, Sketch.
smile
Or is it frown ?

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521069 03/17/09 08:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
HooooKAY, tonight was unexpectedly good! I really was surprised.

My personal least favorites and predictions for bottom 3:

MICHAEL SARVER

SCOTT MCINTIRE

MEGAN CORKREY

I thought Alexis was decent-to-good, she may be on the borderline. I did think she made the song more her own and was NOT a copycat of Dolly as Simon suggested.

Lil got reamed and for NO REASON. I appreciated that she kept the country flavor and was aghast that Randy suggested she should have sang the Whitney version of Dolly's "I Will Always Love You", mainly because 'net wags were betting that would be exactly what she WOULD do. She didn't and she did very well.

Adam's performance will be the most polarizing... I personally thought it was awesomely decadent.

I've sorta got a personal dislike of Danny for reasons not worth going into, but I thought he was great tonight and thought Adam better consider mainstreaming himself before Danny kicks him to the curb. Then I decided, screw that. Adam should keep his unique style, who cares if Adam wins, he's now a STAR anyway, let Danny have it.

I thought Allison kicked ass, again. LOVE her 40-year-old voice!

Matt G. was really good and showed that he is a force to be reckoned with.

Anoop was EXCELLENT. Possibly my favorite tonight.

Kris, for me, was just okay, though the judges loved him. I would put him with Alexis on the borderline. Though he is absolutely precious to look at....

If anyone but Scott, Megan or Michael goes tomorrow, I will be really upset I think....

We'll see! If nothing else it will be very interesting....

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#521070 03/17/09 11:17 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
(I didn't look at Lash's post....)

Wow! Y'know, this year, it's really going to be about how well the singers perform their songs, because they're all really good and all really different from each other.

Another weird thing is that all night, the judges said just about exactly what I was thinking.

My least to most favorite...

11. Scott. The judges said it, he needs to up his game and pick songs that show another side of him.

10. Alexis. It really wasn't bad, I just bet if she could do it over she'd do it a lot better. She didn't nail it.

9. Megan. Poor thing! My brother and his wife had Influenza B this year and it was TERRIBLE! She always reminds me of a blond Amy Winehouse.

8. Lil Rounds. What was this whole compromise thing she was attempting? She should just GIVE IT! She looked great.

7. Kris. Okay, I get it! He's a good singer.

6. Adam. At first I thought he was really off, but then when it kicked into gear, I thought it was really cool. He's a poser, but I know he wouldn't deny that.

5. Allison. Really good. I would like to see a different side of her now.

4. Anoop. He did a great job. I took him seriously. I love that song!

3. Michael. Fun and charismatic. I think the judges tend to be too hard on him.

2. Danny. Yeah, get better at the building verses, but I love his vocal style and choices. I like that he sings girl songs, but makes them into guy songs.

1. Matt. He seemed like a seasoned pro up there. Bonus from me because he introduced me to a song I don't know and like.

#521071 03/18/09 02:28 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Well, I read both of you and I'm happy!
You're why I post on this thread!
smile

Kris, Matt, Danny and Anoop were amazing, tonight.
I really am enjoying how they're maturing as performers!

Scott had more range tonight and I love his piano playing.
Paula was right in a way, I think, he needs to connect with the audience more.

How does Stevie Wonder do it?!
Elton John looks at people a lot, even though he's at the piano, but Stevie wears sunglasses.
Maybe that's what Scott should do, wear sunglasses!

Adam was, well, Adam.
lol
If he ever records an album, I hope he includes that version of a 'Burning Ring of Fire'.

It was almost eerie and very stage productionish.
I could see a writer building a whole show around Adam and that song ~ something dark and strange, with vampires and things.

He certainly made me laugh and I'll always remember that performance!
(Even though it had a little bit of that arrogance in it that might hurt him.)

I missed Michael's performance altogether, sigh.

Lil's look was lovely ~ her dress reminded me of the designs by last year's winner of Project Runway, I can't remember her name but I remember her style!
Lil has a good voice, but the song didn't really work for her, I thought.

Allison always sounds the same, to me.
frown
Alexis did sound like Dolly, I thoiught, she looked like her, too (sans a big wig and breasts.)

I thought Megan was the best of the women, but I agree with Simon that she needs to somehow keep her individual look and not let the dressers make her too generic.

And what's with Paula and Simon?
They've seemed kind of 'chummy, flirty, couplish' the last few shows.
Am I crazy?!

I can't like the new judge, either.
Who IS she, anyway?

Paula knows SO much more about music than this new gal seems to.
And I find that she doesn't really say anything new or interesting.
Like ~ the 'could sing a phone book' has been done to death.

Tomorrow should be interesting!

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521072 03/18/09 08:24 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I AM SHOCKED.

#521073 03/19/09 12:55 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I have to admit that I'm not shocked. I did think that Michael was going to be out, though, which I would have thought was wrong.

I LOVE Carrie singing "I told You So" which I posted earlier on. Randy Travis just handed it over to her. Has anyone else heard her verion of "How Great Thou Art"? LOVE it! Jeez, I might have to admit that I'm glad my man Bo Bice lost!

#521074 03/19/09 04:15 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Me too. Carrie was the right one that year. I was re-reading this thread and was amazed at some of my earlier feelings that are now different (Kellie Pickler RULES!!). Also, some predictions that were either dead on or WAY off....

#521075 03/19/09 04:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
As for Alexis, upon reflection, her song was really not that good. She even tried to psychedelify it somehwat like Adam, but she just doesn't have that "it" (whatever "it" is) that he has, to do that and get away with it.

#521076 03/19/09 06:11 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I record these episodes now, and I have to admit that I'm intrigued by Adam Lambert. I've listened to his versions of Black and White and Ring of Fire many, many times each.

I suppose I should revisit my least to most favorite review.

#521077 03/19/09 06:12 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
PHOTOMANIP IDEA!

Adam Lambert as Color Kid!

#521078 03/19/09 11:14 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Just youtube'd Adam. Found his version of "Come Home" by OneRepublic.

UH - mazing!

#521079 03/19/09 11:31 PM
3-G Offline
Substitute
Substitute
I can't beleive Megan's still in it! Amazing.
I really like her unusual sound and she's got some skills but like Lash I don't think she has the chops to go all the way with this.

All these guys get to go on tour though so those who may be a little short on experience or showmanship are going to have a whole year on stage to try their hand at it. Someone as young as 16 or even all those 20somethings can learn a whale of a lot with an experience like that.

For the record - I hate it when they do a "Country Week" on AI. They did some nice vocal work and in a couple of cases did some amazing vocal work but I just can't take a steady diet of C&W.
Rock me up man, I need energy in my music.

I'm too sexy for my shirt.
#521080 03/19/09 11:40 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
One thing I *DO* like about Megan...

She is the epitome of what AI is supposed to be about. She has absolutely NO prior training or background. I know this can't be said of Adam, Matt, Allison, Lil, Scott or Danny.... not sure about Anoop, Michael or Kris...

So for that reason alone I might need to re-evaluate how I feel.

#521081 03/20/09 03:29 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Yes, having such a wide range of experience involved makes things hard to judge.

Even the 4 Judges get confused sometimes.

I think, given the ranges involved, that the top 16 contestants should be able to go on tour, rather than just the top 10.
That way, we could have more of the inexperienced kids GET the needed experience to continue as artists.

Maybe, they could call it the 'Idol Legion Tour'!
smile

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521082 03/23/09 07:37 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I you-tubed Adam's RING OF FIRE, a version without the performance and a version with.

I did so because I decided I wasn't sure if I liked it because it was so provocative and decadent, or because if it was in fact actually good.

The answer is: BOTH. He's my pick, even though I think AI folks want Danny to win.

#521083 03/23/09 11:32 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
What's Adam going to do with a Motown song? Can't wait to see. I hope it's weird!

#521084 03/23/09 11:33 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Just youtube'd Adam. Found his version of "Come Home" by OneRepublic.

UH - mazing!
I've listened to this an embarrassingly high number of times now. Plus, I've sought out live performances by OneRepublic. I LOVE the song! Addicted.

#521085 03/25/09 10:02 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
My most favorites to least favorites:

ADAM.... Can there be any doubt he rules all he surveys? I noticed they RiLLLLLLLy played up the Elvis angle lookswise tonight. Good move, says I!

ALLISON... That *was* blazing hot!

MATT... Though I find his perpetual sneer and his disrespectful "imitation" of Adam (posted at Vote for the worst.com) offputting, there's no denying he IS competition for my gay Elvis.

These were tonight's definite best for me...

The rest:

Anoop... What a hard song to sing. He did well.

Kris... I just wanna pinch his cute little monkey face!

Michael... I liked it better than the judges, but Simon was mean to call him out as fodder for the top 10, though everyone knows that is what he is.

Lil: Ooooooh.... way too screechy.

Danny... I wonder if his ass missed all the kissing?

Megan... What's the deal with her getting the criticism tonight (undeservedly) that she should haveb been getting weeks ago? I thought tonight was her best so far.

Scott... I'm sorry, but... no.

#521086 03/25/09 11:08 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
When I heard it was Motown week, I cringed a little. I figured Lil would be happy. I wondered what Adam and Danny would do. The rest didn't even really come to my mind.

My least to moost favorite...

10. Scott. He didn't raise his game, he kept it the same. Congratulations to his fans. I'm not one.

9. Megan. I agree with the judges that this song was too much for her. She looked hot.

8. Michael. Ditto.

7. Kris. He did just fine I guess. I'm just not that into him.

6. Matt. He's really good, just kinda forgettable.

5. Anoop. Nice, but a tad dull.

4. Amanda. I like her musical style. I hate her fashion style.

(Edit: Allison! It can't be a good thing that I got her name wrong!)

3. Lil. She was the diva and did a solid, good job, but I agree with Simon that she hasn't had a "moment" anytime recently.

2. Danny. I'm a fan, and I like his musical style a LOT. This was a tad goofy but fun.

1. Adam. Well, I admit that he's my favorite. It was the PERFECT song choice at the right time and he did an amazing job. He looked like Kurt Russel! Heh!

#521087 03/25/09 11:42 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
-heh-
I thought he looked a lot like Dean Caine and the wife looked at me and asked if he was going to do an Elvis song. Interesting, we all saw something slightly different.

I was really disappointed with Megan and she IS my favorite. The song was just wrong, she needs to stay bluesy and sultry that's what makes her so hot.

I actually didn't like Lil tonight. It sounded to me like she was trying to push through the song with brute force and ended up doing more shouting than singing.

I thought Anoop sounded really pretty. I'll bet the "Teen Beat" crowd adores him with those liquid dark eyes. I noticed that he's discovered how to play to the camera and make it look like he's looking at you while he sings-nice trick. I don't think he'll win this season but you just know there's a CD coming out in a month or so.

I'd never have picked Adam at the beginning but now I'm starting to think this is his to lose. He's the strongest performer of this year's group, he has an excellent voice and "knocks it out of the park" show after show.

#521088 03/26/09 01:59 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I have to admit that I love Adam ~ have I done that before?
lol
He's so much fun!
I think his popularity and career are way past teeny boppers and housewives, too.
Unless he somehow self-destructs, not only will he win AI, he'll be a star for the rest of his life.

I still adore Megan. I don't know if she's a recording star or not, but she definitely should go far in the entertainment industry!

Anoop is a sweetie ~ if he doesn't make the big time here, he could be king in Daliwood (India's movie capital.)
But I'd much rather he stayed here.
(He reminds me of one of my teen heartthrobs, from Inda, who did 'Maya' with Jay North and was on the 'Big Valley'.) He was so beautiful! sigh

Kris has really grown on me, as has Matt, although I didn't like him much tonight (Matt, that is, Kris was wonderful.)

I think Lil tried way too hard, but she was certainly lovely tonight AND she impressed Smokey Robinson (which can't hurt her career!)

Speaking of which, I think Danny made a BIG mistake by not following Smokeys advice!
I'm a little PO'd with his ego, especially since I think he was wrong in his decision.
Not good!

Michael was a lot better than the judges said, I think. I liked his song a lot.

Allison still sounds the same every time she sings and Scotty was kind of boring.

Anyway, love the comments here. It's nice to have someone to share the season with!
smile

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521089 03/26/09 10:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I find it VERY hard to believe that Matt was in the bottom 3 tonight... but that's just me...

Tonight's exit I'm sure surprised no one, though I *was* surprised that one certain VFTW favorite wasn't there... perhaps they DO have an influence...

#521090 03/26/09 10:57 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I guess he just doesn't look like a cute magazine cover model like most of them do. His performance was solid and he sounded pretty good. He really did set the standard for last night's singers. Too bad there's so much superficiality involved..but that's a rant I don't actually feel like getting into.

I agree though, I didn't think Matt would be at the bottom of the pile this week he sounded pretty decent last night.

It's kind of crazy that Michael sounded so much better tonight doing the same song than he did last night. There's a lesson there that seems to be a hard one for the contestants to learn: every song could be your last one, you have to sell every song, every note, every decision and sell it to millions of people every single time.
If you can't go that big then you're going home.

One other thing, they should all listen to the choreographer more, that's a big stage and just wandering around on it or doing a little booty shaking isn't going to impress people, you have to own it, make it yours and then share it with the audience. That's a lot harder that people think. I can see Adam understands that, when he's onstage it belongs to him.

VFTW? I can't figure that one out.

Page 62 of 77 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,864
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Jesse Jackson
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
thinbalion
thinbalion
Arlington, VA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star