Roll Call
0 members (), 23 Murran Spies, and 139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by Ann Hebistand - 06/08/24 07:31 AM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/08/24 07:30 AM
Pattern Recognition
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/08/24 02:10 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/08/24 02:09 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/08/24 02:09 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/08/24 02:01 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/08/24 01:55 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/08/24 01:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 78 1 2 3 4 5 6 77 78
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
#522702 11/09/04 06:04 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Give it a few levels, buddy. I've gotten
pretty good at keeping Blue alive, but the
ambushes they send after you when you take
a hunting mish are a real headache. The
last time Blue died was because of a
Freakshow Ambush at level 28. If I'm
recalling right, he picked up 12k in debt
from that one death.

Have you taken Garth to Dark Astoria yet?
It's kind of rough for a solo hero, but
once we get everyone past 21 we'll have
to run an expedition there. It's a good
place to wipe out debt for a group.

#522703 11/09/04 10:27 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I know this rarely, if ever, helps but did you post it on the CoH boards? There seems to be a number of PC issues on the first couple of pages today.
Yeah, I posted something yesterday. I added it as a reply to another post about the patch, hoping that it'd be less likely to get lost vs. in a separate thread.

This morning I sent support an e-mail with a data dump from DXDIAG. Hopefully, the information will be useful to them, unlike Stardock who mostly looked for a problem on my machine and gave me the generic "we recomend contacting your video card manufacturer and getting the most current drivers". (I re-installed the video driver before contacting them, so that just got me to write them off... I'd think that a tech support center would keep a database of current driver versions and compare their database to the DirectX info... and therefore give more specific info like "There's a newer driver than the one you have..." or "You seem to have the current driver, so we recomend...")

---

Okay, checking my e-mail I got a quick response. They are pointing to the drivers, but did give me some specific information, recommending a shareware program to help the uninstall (which apparently doesn't always happen cleanly) ATI and NVida drivers. Anyone hear of "Driver Cleaner" before? Here is their website but I'm always cautious (okay paranoid) about installing shareware I haven't heard of before.

#522704 11/09/04 10:34 AM
Applicant
Applicant
Hello everyone! I really enjoyed playing Brainy last night (virtue) and am looking forward to wednesday... Got him to lvl 8 and purchased a healing device which should give him even more interesting possibilities. Looking forward to wednesday... who all is planning on being on virtue then? I know ERG-ONE will be there (unless he gets called into work at the last minute) Anyways had a great time playing in character last night and would love to make it a regular thing.

#522705 11/09/04 11:02 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hi Brainy Ack 5! It was a great deal of fun last night and very nice meeting you and ERG-ONE. (I was Cosmic Rokk by the way) Here on Legion World a I'm known as Varalent or "Vee" for short.

You'll soon discover that I'm a number of different chars on Virtue, Infinity, Protector, etc. My main Legionnaires on Virtue are Condo & Mysa, but I also have Cosmic Rokk, I Kid Lyle, Fun Loving Quiz, & Quantum King on that server. (Hence the jokes about "Vee's Legion")

Be sure to check out the thread which lists everyone's chars on each of the servers on CoH. It's a seperate thread here on the Anywhere Machine Forum. There's a link to it in my signature line.

Look forward to seeing you on CoH, as well as here on Legion World, often! laugh

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#522706 11/09/04 11:23 AM
Applicant
Applicant
Sounds great and ERG-ONE and I wouldn't mind sk-ing if you want to play a higher character... We've probably each got 30 characters spread out on triumph, virtue, justice and guardian not to mention the ones we lost after beta ended and the ones that got deleted... but my favorites are the ones you play for fun, our friends and our old super group got so fixated on making 50 and badge hunting that playing became more stressful than my job and who needs that... Anyway you guys were a lot of fun...

#522707 11/09/04 11:28 AM
Applicant
Applicant
oh and is there anyway to get screen shots of our chars on the avatar list? ERG has a good ultraboy alt and it would make us easier to recognize online.

#522708 11/09/04 02:40 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Brainy Ack 5:
oh and is there anyway to get screen shots of our chars on the avatar list? ERG has a good ultraboy alt and it would make us easier to recognize online.
Yes, either Gary (Nightcrawler) or Scott (Lightning Lad), our two hosts here can do that for you. There is a thread about getting avatars made in the Science Police Forum which you can go to directly by clicking here.

If you are able to make your own avatar you can either post it on that thread and ask them to upload it for you or email it to them. Be aware that they try to keep the avatars relatively small in size (details in that thread I believe) so you should probably check it out before doing your own.

Just keep in mind that Gary & Scott get lots of requests from the hundreds of posters here so it may take them a little while to get yours done for you.

#522709 11/09/04 05:01 PM
Deputy
Deputy
So when will Legion night be this week and
where? Is it starting on Thursday this week?

And during the TF we were talking about running
Infinity Legion. Is that still on?

#522710 11/09/04 05:34 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm fine with Legion Night being moved to Thursday starting this week. And Infinity is fine with me also if everyone wants to do that.

For Brainy Ack 5 & ERG's sake, Infinity server is where we have our adventure era Legion SG. I think the highest chars there are 14-15. WE'd love to have you join us there as well if that's where we end up doing Legion Night this week. (Check the roster thread I mentioned above to see who everyone has created there)

BTW< I'll be running around on Virtue again tonight as someone in case any of our cape ready heroes are looking to make their attempt with Mysa's help.

#522711 11/09/04 05:35 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
As soon as I get my cape! laugh

I guess I do need to work on Lightning Ranzz but he is so far behind the rest of you.

#522712 11/09/04 05:43 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I definitely want to get mutate for Star.
After that, I'll probably start on fitness
for him.

#522713 11/09/04 08:02 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Garth got his cape! Yay! And I can't thank Vee/Mysa enough for the help! I'll post pictures in a bit.

#522714 11/09/04 08:09 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Garth looks marvelous!

#522715 11/09/04 08:10 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Prism, have you been able to sort out the problem with CoH yet?

#522716 11/09/04 08:55 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Grats, buddy!

I know you were really looking foward to cape.

Blue is slogging away towards 30. Got 2 bubbles
today.

#522717 11/09/04 10:29 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Prism, Seymour, I know that you two are illusion
controllers, and I thought you'd appreciate
hearing this given how hard it can be for
controllers to solo. Grem's Elusian character
hit 32 this week and she got a Phantasm. If you
guys think Phantom Army is something, wait until
you see what a Phantasm can do!

It can not only fight as an energy blaster, it
can make a duplicate of itself. And it kicks
nass on a major scale.

#522718 11/09/04 11:17 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I didn't get a chance to get a pic of Prism's cape before we logged so hopefully he'll post his here.

Here is the result of our first attempt at Prism's cape mission.

click to enlarge

#522719 11/09/04 11:19 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
And here is the front, back and an upclose pic of the brooch Garth chose for his cape. I figured since lightning wasn't available this one fit his Adventure era look.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

#522720 11/09/04 11:22 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
And here is Tas'.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

#522721 11/10/04 12:30 AM
Applicant
Applicant
Well let us know where is best... we were thinking of being on Virtue tommorow, but if we do move to infinity on thursday let us know so we can make chars there and post here what our names will be.

#522722 11/10/04 06:02 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Oh, nice capes you guys!

Blue would approve of Garth's. laugh

#522723 11/10/04 08:56 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
BTW, that's Prism in his white cape & outfit in the background of Tas' back view. He looks awesome as well.

#522724 11/10/04 10:19 AM
Applicant
Applicant
any verdict on legion night?

#522725 11/10/04 11:08 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Vee:
BTW, that's Prism in his white cape & outfit in the background of Tas' back view. He looks awesome as well.
Thanks, Vee. I wanted to create a cape that wasn't monochromatic, but there weren't any color schemes that don't mess the spectral theme except pink, which seemed a bit much to me.

There's lots of cool cape designs, tho. I really want to get more characters up to 20 now... so many design possibilities. I almost want to pick out a character to focus on based on cape possibilities...

#522726 11/10/04 12:02 PM
Active
Active
There's a bunch of teasers showing up on the boards, here's my summary of 'em:

The most exciting teaser is that there will be origin-specific missions coming to the game, which should help explain the origins' backstory in Paragon City (are mutants hated and feared? does Heidi Foss dream of bitch slapping Countess Crey? what’s the magic community like?) Mutants and science heroes are the first to get origin-specific missions, starting in Update 3 with more coming down the line.

The zones are also getting attention starting in Update 3. Zone-specific events are coming up, which will also enrich the game's backstory. As an example of a zone-specific event, Statesman suggested a gang war breaking out in Perez Park (tho that's not something being worked on). Starting with Update 3, the original zones will also start getting a makeover with the goal of giving each zone their own character. I hope this means Boomtown gets to be a little more interesting. The Ritki Crash Site and the Shadow Shard are getting tweaks to make them more appealing zones for people to play in.

There's lots of talk of powers, natch. Statesman has talked about a must-have list of new powers that includes bows, sonics, shields magnetism, street fighting and pistols. Web slinging, however won't be coming any time soon due to the difficulty. Eventually, States wants each power set to have a total of 10 powers. Power pools are likely to get extended to five powers each and teleport will finally get that "teleport to point on map" power that many players have wanted. I'm still hoping for a "teleport to friend" power.
Meanwhile, the more immediate changes to powers are focused on Dark Armor, Ice Armor, Stone Armor and the fear effects. The armors' fx are being redone and will become "stackable" (meaning two armors can run at the same time) and fear powers will become a type of hold power. The timetable for these changes hasn’t been settled yet, so it's uncertain if they'll be a part of Update 3. One thing that the CoH team is trying to get into Update 3 is a gameplay change that will make it easier for brawlers to hit runners (right now a scrapper or tanker has to get in front of an fleeing foe to get a hit in). After Update 3 the next concern will be figuring out how to rework tankers and controllers to make the archetypes more effective in the game.

The epic archetypes will include 2 types and a total of 32 new primary secondary powers.

Also, level 50 will remain the ceiling for the time being.
There are also some good "quality of life" issues being worked on. The previously-discussed Alliance Chat will be a part of Update 3, which will be useful to a lot of players. However, the most demanded change is coming... yes, indeed, we will have stores showing up on the navigation maps (though it's not promised for Update 3).

Page 4 of 78 1 2 3 4 5 6 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,975
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Knightsfyre
Knightsfyre
London, Ontario, Canada
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star