Roll Call
1 members (Sarcasm Kid), 28 Murran Spies, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/28/24 12:44 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/28/24 12:39 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/28/24 03:08 AM
R.I.P. Rachel Pollack
by Ann Hebistand - 05/27/24 04:12 PM
DC Pride 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 05/27/24 04:11 PM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by thoth lad - 05/27/24 12:23 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 08:57 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RAZORWIRE 26 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 12:58 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 78 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 77 78
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
#522877 11/20/04 09:14 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I'm available now, but is Val an 11? That's the
minimum level.

#522878 11/20/04 09:42 AM
Active
Active

#522879 11/20/04 10:00 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Sam Clemens and Mahtma-Ghandi are on Victory if anyone wants to join us.

#522880 11/20/04 12:49 PM
Active
Active
Sorry we weren't up earlier to join you guys when you were on earlier. Add my new character to the Victory legion. Her name is St Jean D'Arc. (Joan of Arc) All other spellings and incarnations of her were already taken. She is a broadsword scrapper. I am pretty happy with her so far. She is at the same as Scott, 5 and 2 bubbles.

#522881 11/20/04 01:31 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Princess, Beauty & Star are currently on Infinity if anyone wants to join us. We might be able to start Positron

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#522882 11/20/04 03:31 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Well I don't know what they hell they've done but I'm pissed. I had no problems all night or early this morning when I was playing. But they upload the next issue to the test server and I'm suddenly having my computer shut down again. Not just booting me out of the game but shutting down my whole system as if the power went out. The last time this happened was when issue 2 was released and I couldn't go near Steel Canyon for weeks.

#522883 11/20/04 03:51 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I couldn't even get onto the Test Server
when I tried earlier. And just now my PC
entirely locked up ... not good.

#522884 11/20/04 03:54 PM
Active
Active
Sorry about that, Scott. I still have that problem periodically, although, I gotta say that it happens less and less with each new update.

The Heroes of History was pretty fun today. It's nice to try something completely different and not be a scrapper all of the time. This is definitely something I'd like to try again in the future (as if I don't have enought going on with Blok, Porcupine Pete, Val Armorr, and Silver Slasher - ooh, just forget about her for awhile frown ) Anyway, as a history buff, it was kin of a cool thing to see the diverse characters being role played (even if I really don't have a clue what Ghandi would ever say smile )

Anyway, I hope you guys are able to do the Positron TF. Don't worry about Val, I'm sure he can do it with someone else some time.

I tried again with Blok on Virtue last night, but I didn't get started until 11:00 PM! By 1:00 I had literally fallen asleep in the middle of one of the battles! How embarassing. I had to politely excuse myself and leave.

#522885 11/20/04 05:07 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Princess P and I are on Infinity now waiting
for the rest of you. Come on! Let's bring
those thugs to justice!

#522886 11/20/04 05:32 PM
Active
Active
Sorry to hear about the troubles you've been having getting on the test server.

I got a look around and some of what I've seen:

- The zone events are monsters with some extra hype. In IP there's a giant squid that causes the dock workers to go on strike until the harbor is safe. In KR a bunch of clocks build a giant robot, Paladin.

- Apparently the character creation slider has more flexibility. However, that's screwed up all the existing ones. Hopefully they'll be working on this.

- The Fifth Column are gone. They seem to have been split into two groups.

#522887 11/20/04 05:51 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Can you try out any of the epic powers or do
you have to be the right level to use them in
the game?

And character creation? What did they do?

And where is everyone?!

#522888 11/20/04 08:23 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
Can you try out any of the epic powers or do
you have to be the right level to use them in
the game?

And character creation? What did they do?

And where is everyone?!
I hear anyone can try out a Kheldian character on the test sever but I haven't tried yet.

I hear they tweaked the values of the body types so that the range is greater. However that messes up everyone pre-redo... I guess it stores your characters' body types as XX% tall/XX% athletic, but the sliders have move so if your character is 37% tall/24% athletic, it now lands in a different spot.

A couple more changes... your map can now be set to turn certain map points on or off, like contacts or exits. And you can set your text colors in the options window (so I hear, never tried it myself.)

Right now, I'm on pinaccle working Capt Hottie through Synapse. I'm gonna try to focus him on the 5t column while they're still around.

#522889 11/20/04 08:59 PM
Active
Active
Well, that TF went by rather quickly. I'm chasing down sky raiders at the moment.

#522890 11/20/04 09:10 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Sorry guys. But its not my fault. I have no problems doing anything else from converting video for hours on end to webwork. But I get into CoH and it kills my whole PC. And if they answer me again that it is a computer problem I'll probably go postal and hunt down every single dev involved in the last patch. There is not a gd thing wrong with my PC. If there was I would have trouble doing other things. If its my PC why is only CoH affected? They won't answer that question. Too busy trying to lay blame elsewhere so they don't have to admit they fuc**d up.

#522891 11/20/04 09:53 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
For those who haven't seen what has been loaded to the Test Server:

Recently Added To The Training Room: 11/20/04
Game Stability

•Fixed critical bug that caused the mapserver to crash if a player in a team with a story arc as the active mission attempted to report a bug.

Recently Added To The Training Room: 11/19/04

Epic Archetypes

• Upon attaining level 50, you will unlock the first Epic Archetype available in City of Heroes. The Kheldians are a race of energy beings that have made Earth their new home. Kheldians and their dark cousins, the Nictus, attach to humans and form a symbiotic relationship with them.

• You can play one of two new Archetypes, Peacebringers are the typical Kheldians, while Warshades are reformed Nictus who now fight for good.

• Peacebringers are Natural Origin, while Warshades are Science based.

• Peacebringers and Warshades have only one Primary and one Secondary Powerset to choose from, but these powersets have more powers to choose from than a normal powerset.

• A Peacebringer’s first contact is in Atlas Park.

• A Warshade’s first contact is in Galaxy City.

• Kheldians have unique storylines throughout their career, in addition to being able to access the normal game content.

• Kheldians have a severe vulnerability to a specific type of energy. Unfortunately sinister forces have made every villain group in Paragon City aware of this, and even supplied some with weapons that can severely hurt Kheldians. Be wary of villains wielding strange weapons, or the mysterious Void Hunters.

Epic Power Pools

• Upon reaching level 41, you gain the ability to choose from a new set of Power Pools, the Epic Power Pools. You can only choose one of these Pools, so make your choice wisely.

• Blasters

-Cold Mastery

-Force Mastery

-Flame Mastery

-Munitions Mastery

• Controllers

-Stone Mastery

-Fire Mastery

-Ice Mastery

-Primal Forces Mastery

-Psionic Mastery

• Defenders

-Dark Mastery

-Power Mastery

-Psychic Mastery

-Electricity Mastery

• Scrappers

-Body Mastery

-Darkness Mastery

-Weapon Mastery

• Tankers

-Energy Mastery

-Pyre Mastery

-Arctic Mastery

-Earth Mastery

Zone events

• Dock workers in Independence Port have gone on strike until their job security can be insured.

• The Clockwork King is hard at work on something big in Kings Row.

• From Talos Island and Independence Port come reports of a ghost ship that appears from the fog.

New Villain Group: The Council

• An internal coup de tat has shattered the 5th Column, and from their remnants, a new villain group, the Council has emerged. Rumor has it that the Council is not as new as we would be led to believe. Heroes are urged to investigate every aspect of this new group across all Security Levels.

Badges

• 5th Column badges have been switched over to Council badges (Credit for 5th column defeats remain).

• Modified badge tracking for defeats so that everyone on the team gets credit, not just the teammates within 200 feet of the villain.

New Zone: Striga Isle

• Smugglers on Talos Island can secure passage for anyone Security Level 20 or over to Striga Isle, an island just off the coast of the United States in international waters. This criminal haven is rumored to be a stronghold and training center for Council troops.

Mission Difficulty Slider

• Hero Corp has placed agents throughout Paragon City who are able to put a word to all your Contacts about how tough you think you are. Find one of these contacts and for a small fee of Influence they can make all missions you have and take from that point forward harder.

• These Hero Corp personnel exist in all City Zones.

Powers

• Villains of higher levels (25 and up) have been made tougher.

• Villains of higher levels (25 and up) are now worth more Experience, based on how much tougher they got.

• Villains who are notoriously hard (and thus avoided by Heroes whenever possible) have had their XP reward increased.

• Monsters, no matter what their level, will con Purple now. This is because the monsters are able to be fought by the entire level range of Heroes. That is, your character will hit and do damage to them as though they are your level. Additionally, they will hit and damage you as though you are their level. Heroes of ANY level should be cautious around ANY monster now.

• Fixed Short help for Super Strength/Rage (Long help was correct. Power was not changed).

• Frostfire and Atta are now a new Rank: “Elite Boss”. Elite Bosses are tougher than normal bosses, but not as tough as ArchVillains. Elite Bosses are worth more XP than regular bosses.

• Radiation Emission/EMP Pulse will now do extra damage to most machines and robots.

• Changed the way many temporary powers expire. Many that were based on \qreal-time\q will now expire based on number of charges instead. This is to prevent gaining a new Temp Power, logging out, and then coming back the next day and find it missing. This change only applied to Temp Powers that were Click Powers. Toggle and Auto Temp Powers do not expire when you are off line.

• Group Flight: Removed added Endurance Penalty for each Teammate carried. Slightly Increased base END Cost.

• Team Teleport: Removed added Endurance Penalty for each Teammate teleported. Slightly Increased base END Cost.

• Powers that “Drain” or effect a target to buff of heal the caster have been modified. Previously, these powers would give you less of a Buff/Heal if used against a higher level foe, and more of a buff/heal if used against a lower level foe. Now, powers like these will give the same buff/heal as though you were targeting a foe of your level (e.g. life draining powers, powers that steal Endurance, or powers that debuff foes to buff the caster). This fix will also affect any power that does something to a target and then something to the caster. For instance, using a Nova Blast will no longer drain a different amount of Endurance from the caster depending upon the level of your villain targets.

• Whirlwind, Repel, and Repulsion Field will KnockBack foes of all levels the same distance. That is, Repulsion Field will no longer lock higher level foes into permanent KnockDown. (This is a change to the level of a target and does not affect a targets resistance to or vulnerability to KnockBack).

• Increased the effectiveness of the Defender version of Transfusion, Kinetics, Twilight Grasp, Siphon Power, and Kinetic Transfer by about 25% so they are consistently better than the Controller Version (both Controller and Defender version used to be the same).

• Modified Totem, Rikti Monkey and Sky Skiffs attacks.

• The Family now has Tommy Guns.

• Updated Force Field/Detention Field f/x.

• Animate Stone can now fly with the assistance of Group Fly.

• Change to FEAR: Villains that are afraid will no longer run away. Afraid villains will now tremble and cower in place and not attack. They will, however, retaliate once if attacked, but then go back to trembling. This change will affect most Fear powers including: Pool/Manipulation/Intimidate; Pool/Manipulation/Invoke Panic; Scrapper Melee/Dark Melee/Touch of Fear; Scrapper Defense/Dark Armor/Cloak of Fear; Defender Buff/Dark Miasma/Fearsome Stare; Controller/Mind Control/Terrify (villains will still run away from the Spectral Terror, but will halt and tremble if the Spectral Terror casts Terrify on them.)

• Villains will now better Avoid AoE powers like Rain of Fire. That is, they will run out like always, but wont blindly go back into the hazardous area.
Slightly increased the Damage of Burn to compensate for the new above Avoid behavior.

• For all targeted toggle powers; if the target is over 300’ away the toggle power will automatically turn off.

Game

• Fixed the long door wait bug, that left players with an hourglass cursor unable to act for an extended period

• Minimap is now resizable and has an options pulldown.

• Added /assist command which will change your target to a selected allies target.

• Autorun will not turn off at ID Card, Enhancement Screen, Power Selection/Respec or Options screen

• Dialogs can be answered via 'dialogyes', dialogno' or 'dialoganswer ' slash commands

• Player description in the Info window will now respect enters and tabs

• Quit will no longer be interrupted by mouse clicks. If you are quitting to the desktop you will be given the choice to exit immediately

• Wrapped text in chat window will now be indented, to prevent player spoofing of other people (including GM's)

• Added new commands powexec_toggleon and powexec_toggleoff to force mode of a toggle power

• It is no longer allowed to give gifts to people in the middle of a respec.

• Some columns in supergroup, search, email, and friend windows can now be resized

• You can now hit an opponent with a melee attack while chasing after them.

• The Supergroup window has been revamped. Unnecessary fields were removed and it now displays level and map. The window is also 2-stage collapsible, the header can be hidden, and then the bottom buttons can be hidden as well.

• Increased Arch Villain and Monster HP for all levels. XP was increased accordingly to compensate.

• Increased Perception Radius for Giant Monsters.

• Reduced Detention time and increased recharge time of Rularuu/Wisp/Detention Field.

• Updated Requiem’s, and Nosferatu’s powers.

#522892 11/20/04 10:56 PM
Active
Active
I've got pix up of the giant squid and Paladin the robot at the blog .

#522893 11/20/04 11:36 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Ok, so I fly around and get about a quarter of Striga Island mapped out, get the Vulcanoligst badge and just generally check the place out. For about an hour. And guess what? I didn't get kicked off or have my PC shut down.

I log into the live server and five minutes later, boom! I'm so pissed I don't even know the words to express it. I am ready to just walk away from this game and switch to World of Warcraft.

#522894 11/21/04 04:26 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Haven't run across the ghost ship, squid or Paladin yet. And I can still only keep a connection on the test server.

#522895 11/21/04 04:32 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Yay!

It's back!

And we kicked nass on the task force today,
guys!

8-)

#522896 11/21/04 05:41 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Okay, guys.

Scott and I just logged off from the test
server. I don't know how the game will play
for the lower levels, but as a 30-something
player I'm not at all happy with the changes
that are being made to the HPs of the bad
guys. To me the increase in XP isn't worth
the additional effort that it takes. Blue
died about 5 times in the time that we were
online ... which was what, Scott? About half
an hour?

Minions were killing me ... minions. Guys that
I can wipe up the floor with on a regular basis
in the regular game were cleaning my clock in
the test server. I remember someone saying that
Stateman believed that the average hero should
be a match for 3 equal level minions ... and
that seems to be what they're shooting for here.

But a flipping super hero should be able to do
a lot better than 3 flunkies ... especially when
they tend to come in groups that are much larger
than that.

I don't mind teaming, but I don't want to have
to team to cross the street ... if Argossy were
this bad a level 6 would be killed by 2 shots
from a Fallen Gunner ...

The damn developers have to take everything
that's fun in this game and screw it up ...

frown

Maybe it won't seem so bad when they actually
implement the changes, but as someone who does
a lot of soloing with my level 31 character I'm
not happy at all...

#522897 11/22/04 04:19 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
My guess is the new upload might go live over Thanksgiving weekend. They seem to do these things (special events & new issue releases) on holidays. Not sure I'm excited about some of the changes you're reporting. I'm in the process of downloading the patch to the test server (it's been downloading since 11 PM last night and still has about 10K to go as of 6 AM!) so maybe later today I'll get onto the test server to see for myself.

#522898 11/22/04 04:28 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The Positron TF WAS great fun on Infinity! (Never thought I would say that about Positron!) Thanks to Princess P, Star, & Kent for keeping Beauty alive through most of it.

Last night Condo met up with Pete and we ran a few level 21 & 22 missions. (Grats to Pete for reaching lvl 22!) Pete's Lost mish in KR was a bear. Pete had never seen Pariah Prelates before and they caught him by surprise.

Condo's Freakshow mission (first time against them for either of us) was a learning experience also. Freak lieutenants & bosses can rez themselves! YIKES! I never heard that before (nor had Pete) and it sure caught us by surprise and left us very leery about any Freak we killed. I found myself waiting until the body disappeared before I felt sure that they weren't coming back.

Lots to get used to!

#522899 11/22/04 10:18 AM
Active
Active
Yikes! That sounds awful, Blue! Have you posted your concerns to the board?

I'm hoping the patch doesn't go for a little while longer -- partly because it's sounding as flawed as Update 2, but also because I'm trying to gring Captain Hottie through his levels and do the Bastion TF before Update 3 goes in... I'd like one of my guys to experince finishing off the Fifth Column before they become the council.

Captain Hottie did Synapse this weekend and that was an interesting expereince. Our team was 2 fire blasters, a dark scrapper, a sword scrapper, a illuionist and a rad/rad def. Wow, that was a powerhouse team, we really charged through the missions. Overall a good group, despite the random pickup. We had only one problematic player, a charge ahead type who thankfully could handle a whole mob's aggro... 'cause there were many times we watched him battle after he charged ahead despite the controller and defenders calls to gather for buffs.

I'd be totally into playing with Prism Lord, tho so if we're doing Virtue, give me a holler.

I proved my alt-aholism this weekend tho when I ended up creating a leather-clad martial artist, Cassandra Steed, after watching one of my Avengers DVDs. (Yes, even tho I'm trying to focus on one character, I had to create another when inspiration came.)

#522900 11/22/04 11:01 AM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
I still haven't managed to get this game, but it sure sounds fun

#522901 11/22/04 01:17 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by dedman:
I still haven't managed to get this game, but it sure sounds fun
It really is, dedman! I've never gotten into computer/video games before and couldn't understand how someone could spend hours playing them UNTIL I got this. Now I play it just about every night and almost all weekend. It's a great deal of fun. More so because there is such a great group of posters from LW that are regulars and we have a great time playing our heroes together.

At about $40 for the game (which includes one free month and then a monthly subscription of $15 (I think....when I renewed I paid for the entire year) it's relatively cheap for the number of hours of fun it provides.

Hope you give it a shot! Make sure you look for us if you do. All our heroes and the servers on which they reside can be found on the other highlighted thread (there is a link in my sig line)

Vee

Page 11 of 78 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,744
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Trickster74
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star