Roll Call
1 members (Sarcasm Kid), 28 Murran Spies, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/28/24 12:44 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/28/24 12:39 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/28/24 03:08 AM
R.I.P. Rachel Pollack
by Ann Hebistand - 05/27/24 04:12 PM
DC Pride 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 05/27/24 04:11 PM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by thoth lad - 05/27/24 12:23 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 08:57 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RAZORWIRE 26 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 12:58 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 78 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 77 78
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
#523452 01/13/05 08:22 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Vee:
Originally posted by Doc Nimbus:
[b]Glad to see that you're ok, SLK! Hope you recover quickly.

I really miss playing with you guys... I may restart my account just so I can be with you all!
Love the new avatar Doc! [/b]
Thanks Vee! It's the closest one I could find to good ol' Doc Nimbus!

"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"
#523453 01/13/05 09:43 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
They finally opened up the test server and I was able to check out the stacking armors. Didn't really see much in the way of changes to the effects except maybe it was a bit easier to see through the darkness that comes with the DA set.

But the stacking works great! EAP has yet to do his cape mish because I didn't feel he could solo it. Well I decided to try it out on test and he breezed through it in less than 5 minutes. I couldn't believe it. Then I had to spend some time earning some cash since he had none. Here Edgar is in his cape. Got the shortest one I could and its very simple, trying to keep it with the Victorian look, red lining and black on the outside. BTW, have any of you seen the insect cape that is available? I don't recall it before but if you go through the designs Insect comes up and it gives you a flimsy, see through cape with little wings on it like a fly. Kind of interesting looking.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#523454 01/14/05 03:35 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Is that the Cape of the Four Winds design that is available through the collector's dvd?

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#523455 01/14/05 05:07 AM
Leader
Leader
Man, last night got tough! We all died at least once fighting one of those bosses who can kill in one or two swipes. That's just wrong. The Giant Monster was bad enough. I would have filed a bug report and tried to make them feel guilty by saying something like, "Surely you wouldn't do something like this to your players on purpose" -- even though that never seems to work. But we all got kicked off and the program shut down with a fatal error (couldn't match a login cookie) when we transported to the hospital. Luckily, it doesn't look like I lost what little XP I had gained at that point.

On the plus side, though, we have two new Legionnaires of Virtue. First, we inducted Dawnstar, a friend of SunBoy, and for not having a winged archetype available, she looked pretty good. She's a tanker.

Then a friend of hers signed on, and I inducted At'Om (I think that's how he did it), who did a pretty good job of replicating the classic DC silver age costume. Wasn't on long enough to get to know either of them real well, but they're Legion fans, so that automatically ups their coolness quotient.

#523456 01/14/05 05:11 AM
Leader
Leader
EAP looks very cool, Scott. The short cape was definitely the way to go.

#523457 01/14/05 07:14 AM
Active
Active
Uhmm... Scott don't you think he looks a little like Stalin? laugh

"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"
#523458 01/14/05 07:20 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Doc Nimbus:
Uhmm... Scott don't you think he looks a little like Stalin? laugh
rotflmao

#523459 01/14/05 07:26 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Man, last night got tough! We all died at least once fighting one of those bosses who can kill in one or two swipes. That's just wrong. The Giant Monster was bad enough. I would have filed a bug report and tried to make them feel guilty by saying something like, "Surely you wouldn't do something like this to your players on purpose" -- even though that never seems to work. But we all got kicked off and the program shut down with a fatal error (couldn't match a login cookie) when we transported to the hospital. Luckily, it doesn't look like I lost what little XP I had gained at that point.

On the plus side, though, we have two new Legionnaires of Virtue. First, we inducted Dawnstar, a friend of SunBoy, and for not having a winged archetype available, she looked pretty good. She's a tanker.

Then a friend of hers signed on, and I inducted At'Om (I think that's how he did it), who did a pretty good job of replicating the classic DC silver age costume. Wasn't on long enough to get to know either of them real well, but they're Legion fans, so that automatically ups their coolness quotient.
Unfortunately Seymour, that's the same instanced mish we tried the other night. It's level 25 and only SL & Mysa are that level but we also had 4 others along with us so the mob sizes were huge. Until the whole group got aggroed we were doing okay, but once they all came it was all over!

Condo did that mish alone and it is very doable solo or with just two people. I would suggest that Mysa & Grev team up and do both their missions (same one) together to get them out of the way.

Dawny was neat looking and seems like she'll be fun to have around. At'Om I didn't get to spend any time with since I logged when he first showed up. It was nice to have some new guys join us though. Maybe we can get him to make a Legionnaire char to play in the group. (Rain Bow was talking about doing Jo Nah on Virtue)

#523460 01/14/05 09:12 AM
Leader
Leader
Well, that's too bad.

In that on the CoH forum Lyle linked to, Statesman says he wants to encourage teaming. But if they make the missions so difficult that the entire team keeps dying (and crashing on the way to the hospital), and the only way to do it is to solo or duo, that seems to discourage teaming.

#523461 01/14/05 09:53 AM
Leader
Leader
On a completely different note, I played with SL's respec on the test server. I hate that Stamina is the third tier of that power pool, and you have to take two pointless powers (well, one and one I could live without). I've lost some of my debuff powers, but I'll get them back as we level. I think I've got a set that I like.

Go us!!

#523462 01/14/05 10:34 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
On a completely different note, I played with SL's respec on the test server. I hate that Stamina is the third tier of that power pool, and you have to take two pointless powers (well, one and one I could live without). I've lost some of my debuff powers, but I'll get them back as we level. I think I've got a set that I like.

Go us!!
Know what you mean. I've yet to see any benefit from Health in that power pool and while I like Hurdle I could certainly do without it. At least Hasten is a first tier power and you don't have to take the others to get it's benefit unless you want them later.

#523463 01/14/05 11:34 AM
Active
Active
Man, last night got tough! We all died at least once fighting one of those bosses who can kill in one or two swipes. That's just wrong. The Giant Monster was bad enough. I would have filed a bug report and tried to make them feel guilty by saying something like, "Surely you wouldn't do something like this to your players on purpose" -- even though that never seems to work.
That's what I did when Captain Hottie had that awful freak mish with that tank that kept killing him. I sent a lengthy e-mail about how frustrating this was and why I thought it was reasonable to solo from time-to-time.
I got a canned response, but at the very least I wanted to voice my frustration. If they don't hear from me they don't know I'm unhappy with the game. To be honest I'm debating if I'm renewing my subscription or not. My current one expires 1/20. Maybe I'll downgrade to M2M.

Also, file a /bug any time you solo and encounter a boss that wasn't specified in the mission description. States is under the impression that if there is a mission with a boss, you're warned in advance and know before entering what you're getting.

Well, that's too bad.

In that on the CoH forum Lyle linked to, Statesman says he wants to encourage teaming. But if they make the missions so difficult that the entire team keeps dying (and crashing on the way to the hospital), and the only way to do it is to solo or duo, that seems to discourage teaming.
I just sent States a PM to that effect. He says he reads them all, but please keep it short, so it's worth an effort.

One frustration I have with that rationale is that it tries to use the stick and not the carrot. Instead of truly encouraging teaming they're discouraging soloing. When you make one side of the coin look more desirable by damaging the other, you're making the whole coin look less desirable.

#523464 01/14/05 02:28 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
BTW Lyle, you had a great post on that Boss thread on the CoH forum (at least I think it's you! laugh )

#523465 01/14/05 03:28 PM
Active
Active
BTW Lyle, you had a great post on that Boss thread on the CoH forum (at least I think it's you! laugh )
Thanks, I've been active on that thread, I'm starting to see the issue of powergamers vs casual gamers and I'd like to keep the game fun for those of us who don't want to play every experiment to figure out what the max def bonus is...

#523466 01/14/05 04:25 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Couldn't agree more. I do understand that the powergamers are an important part of the genre but my impression is that they bust through the game as quickly as possible, and once they've reached the max, they get bored with it and move on to the next, latest, greatest game to hit the market. It's casual gamers that enjoy the camraderie and role-playing that are going to keep CoH around in the long run...or not.

#523467 01/14/05 05:48 PM
Active
Active
Couldn't agree more. I do understand that the powergamers are an important part of the genre but my impression is that they bust through the game as quickly as possible, and once they've reached the max, they get bored with it and move on to the next, latest, greatest game to hit the market. It's casual gamers that enjoy the camraderie and role-playing that are going to keep CoH around in the long run...or not.
Yeah, exactly, CoH doesn't offer the stuff that usually keeps powergamers holding on -- crafting and similiar stuff -- so why not try to hold on to the folks who have a million alts because they want to experience all the archetype combinations out there.

#523468 01/14/05 08:19 PM
Active
Active
Hey, Vee & Seymour, sorry but I'm giving up for the night. I'm having some real connection issues and it's driving me batty. It looks like you two can do the mish on your own. Thanks for helping Blok out tonight, Mysa!

#523469 01/15/05 05:35 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
No problem SLK. It was fun seeing Mysa & Blok together again! laugh

#523470 01/15/05 10:41 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'll be on Virtue for a while if anyone wants to join me

#523471 01/16/05 10:24 AM
Leader
Leader
I'm hopping on Virtue, but I'd like to switch to Infinity if anyone joins me. I wanna see the Winter Lord!

#523472 01/17/05 11:48 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well, Vee's Legion on Virtue had a fairly productive weekend!

Condo made it to lvl 26 and got Explosive Burst. Really cool, though I think I'll add another slot for damage. It's the only AoE power besides Energy Torrent that energy blasters get. He also teamed with Grev and a few others for a while and went Winter Lord hunting. Had a blast once we learned the tricks to gettng WL to spawn his Frostlings. Look out all, we now have snowballs! laugh

Cosmic Rokk and SunBoy teamed up for a while and we were able to get SunBoy up to level 12.

BB Chuck is now up to level 9 and closing rapidly on 10. He also took part in defeating the Paladin and got that badge.

Polar Kid is close to reaching 7 and got snowballs also.

Meanwhile over on Infinity...

Rimborian ( my version of Jo) is now a level 7

#523473 01/17/05 04:58 PM
Leader
Leader
I hopping on Infinity. Princess needs some influence so I can actually buy her stuff after the respec.

#523474 01/17/05 09:56 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Congrats, Vee.

Seymour, if Princess doesn't have any debt, the
quickest way you could get influence would be to
exemp her down to a lower level character ... all
your points would be converted straight to
influence.

Right now, I'm working almost exclusively on
Blue, and he's about 4 bubbles away from 39.
The AVs at this level are really pretty nasty...
we'll need a full Legion team to take them down
when it's time to do so ...

#523475 01/18/05 05:40 AM
Leader
Leader
No, the quickest way to get influence would be to find her a sugar daddy. smile Where's RJ when you need him? He'd be sure she was well equipped.

#523476 01/18/05 08:51 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
lol

Page 34 of 78 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,744
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Trickster74
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star