Roll Call
0 members (), 20 Murran Spies, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/28/24 12:44 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/28/24 12:39 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/28/24 03:08 AM
R.I.P. Rachel Pollack
by Ann Hebistand - 05/27/24 04:12 PM
DC Pride 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 05/27/24 04:11 PM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by thoth lad - 05/27/24 12:23 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 08:57 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RAZORWIRE 26 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 12:58 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 78 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 77 78
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
#523477 01/18/05 10:43 AM
Active
Active
Well, Subterfuge Kid with whom I did a quick log-on before work, was my first character to sucessfully beat the Winter Lord, thanks to a very efficient healer. Good XP, at least a bubble's worth.

He's a pain for scrappers tho, with powers from Ice Controller and Ice Blaster pools. I can't wait for Kami-Kiri to get Ice Slick now.

I've been playing with a couple of my scrappers this weekend when I've logged on... the Jade Enforcer finally started getting movement and hit 11 this weekend while Cassandra Steed (leather jumpsuit, dad's a Brit secret agent, learned MA from a good friend of her dad's... you can guess the inspiration) is up to 7.

Since the boss change looks like it hit I may play Captain Hottie again, soon.

Who's planning on hitting PC tonight? And, of course, where?

#523478 01/18/05 11:14 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'll definitely be on, most likely on Virtue. Not sure if it will be with Condo or Mysa or one of the others but I can always switch around based on who all is on.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#523479 01/18/05 11:31 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
BTW, regarding the Winter Lord...

As Grev & Condo learned the other day, in order to get the Winter Lord to spawn minions (Frostlings, Blights etc) you need to back out of aggro range and THROW SNOWBALLS at him. This antagonizes him but not enough to attack. Instead, he responds by hurling a huge snowball at you which hits the ground and spawns the minions.

We earned the minion badge in Striga Island with a group of 4 or so. Just sat back and pelted him with snowballs and he was very obliging! laugh

The hardest part is to get people to back off so that you can get him to do this. NOt likely to happen in KR, where Polar Kid fought him 4-5 times yesterday. Everyone there immediately began blasting him. (Yes there is great xp for everyone involved in "arresting" him but you can do that after getting the minion badge laugh )

#523480 01/19/05 03:00 PM
Leader
Leader
Smallville's a rerun tonight, so I'll be on after some dinner and snowblowing. Where shall we go? I'd like to play Infinity so maybe I can get Princess her Winter Lord badges. If not, no big. Shadow Lad didn't get all the Halloween badges, and Princess did, so I guess it's only fair.

I was thinking that maybe we should try the Sister Psyche TF on Virtue this weekend. I don't know how many people it requires, but we probably have enough in range -- or can get them there.

#523481 01/19/05 03:43 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Smallville may be a has-been, err I mean rerun, but Lost is showing its last original episode until February 9th or 16th. I'd like to see the WL at least but doubt I'll get to before its gone. Nice 'winter' event. shake

I did hear some good news on the boards today. Stacking armors for DA went live so Poe can now cruise through without someone doing clear mind or popping inspirations to help against the now omnipotent mez powers that everything seems to have.

#523482 01/19/05 05:19 PM
Active
Active
Ah, well, I never got online since I got home and we started chatting and didn't stop until The Daily Show started (you know you're addicted when you read the news and think about what Jon Stewart will say about that).

Tonight is bad for me but I may be able to make a short appearance. I've got an HOA meeting at 7 and I'm hoping to finish by 8 to watch Lost.

Sister Psyche could be interesting this weekend... tho I want to make sure the boss powerdown happened first because Freakshow Tanks are one of the most difficult villains in our range.

#523483 01/19/05 05:41 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wow! Chuck made it from 1/2 way through level 9 to 2 bubbles into level 11 in 2 hours just fighting the Winter Lord! WL is spawning like crazy in KR so it would be a good place to find him.

I'm taking a quick break to get something to eat and then I'll be back on. I'll check Infintiy first if that's where everyone decides to go, if not, look for me on Virtue.

#523484 01/19/05 06:03 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Here's what the posted about the 1/18 update:

City Zones

* The “Paragon Dance Party” lighting has returned to normal.
* Crey's Folly is once again cursed by the Jurassic.
* Issues with strange fog in City Zones (in particular outside of the Magic shops) has been fixed.

Missions

* Fixed several “Black Wall” bugs
* Fixed many of the “Warping Villains” issues

Powers

* Scrapper and Tanker Invincibility now also offer some defense to Ranged attacks.
* Tornado will now knock back foes the same distance, regardless of the level of the target. This is to prevent Tornado from endlessly juggling higher level foes.
* Added Toxic damage type to all Damage Enhancements and Damage Resist Enhancements
* Added inherent Taunt to Pool attack powers for Tankers only: Air Superiority; Boxing; Kick; Jump Kick; Flurry.
* Added Taunt to the following Tanker Defensive powers that attack or affect foes: Blazing Aura, Consume, Chilling Embrace, Icicles, Energy Absorption, Mud Pots. These powers also now accept Taunt Enhancements. "
* Fixed Dark Melee/Touch of Fear Acc Debuff.
* Fixed Kheldian Group Energy Flight description.
* Fixed Tanker/Battle Axe/Cleave so it Knocks Down properly instead of Knock Back.
* Fixed a bug that was giving Stone Armor/Granite Armor a Damage Buff instead of a DeBuff.
* Fixed text error in Invincibility system chat.
* Removed DoT from Mind Controller/Terrify, and replaced it with a 1 shot damage. The new Fear changes would cause the Feared target to keep attacking (and not tremble in Fear) because it was constantly getting attacked by the DoT.
* Modified Arctic Air Short Help (power is unchanged).
* Added some safeguards to ensure Invincibility DEF and ACC bonus improved with Enhancements for each affected foe.
* Slight increase to Kheldian base damage (human form).
* Radiation Emissions/Fallout now accepts Accuracy Enhancements.
* Updated Scrapper Spined Text to reflect new Toxic Damage type.
* Slightly increased Invincibility defense bonus.
* Stone Armor/Rooted should not longer be mutually exclusive with Granite Armor.
* Stone Armor Set: All new Stone armor f/x! Rock Armor, Rooted, Brimstone Armor, Crystal Armor, and Mineral Armor are no longer Mutually Exclusive.
* Stone Armor/Mineral Armor has been renamed to Minerals.
* Stone Armor/Rooted no longer makes you immobilized. Decreased its recharge time. However, you will walk extremely slow. Rooted can no longer be activated at the same time as Fly, Speed, or Flying powers.
* Stone Armor/Granite Armor will now transform your body.
* Dark Armors are no longer Mutually Exclusive (New Art f/x!).
* Super Strength/Rage: Removed Disorient effect after power expires. Instead, Rage will drain your Endurance when it expires. Reduced its Endurance cost to activate the power, and slightly reduced its Defense Debuff.
* Corrected a bug with Tanker Defense Energy Absorption which was only giving buffs based on a single enemy instead of the number affected by the attack.
* Changed Moment of Glory: If Moment of Glory is activated a second time while currently active, the Buffs will no longer Stack.
* Fixed a bug that allowed players to turn on toggle powers that target foes while the player was phase-shifted
* Fixed bug causing shape-changed Kheldians to sometimes appear as mekmen for a short bit
* Ice Armor f/x changed slightly to improve appearance while stacking multiple armors.

Game

* Fixed several general server stability issues.
* Clickable Mission Objectives (glowies) once again make noise.

#523485 01/19/05 11:18 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Same stuff I posted earlier about what was on Test. Looks like it all went through.

#523486 01/20/05 12:32 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Vee:
Wow! Chuck made it from 1/2 way through level 9 to 2 bubbles into level 11 in 2 hours just fighting the Winter Lord! WL is spawning like crazy in KR so it would be a good place to find him.

I'm taking a quick break to get something to eat and then I'll be back on. I'll check Infintiy first if that's where everyone decides to go, if not, look for me on Virtue.
OMG, this is the best XP! I've got Kami-Kiri from 8 to 12 in little time!

Perhaps we should try leveling up our low level characters? Sylvie's dying to get that level 20 costumer I designed for her... it's happily inspired by the Fantanas .

#523487 01/20/05 04:11 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It was great! Not only did I get Jan from 8 to 12, I then switched to Cos and got him from 11 to 15! We were getting anywhere between 400- 2400 in xp for each WL defeat.

Princess and Jan/Cos put together a great little team and we just went from one Winter Lord battle to the next. He was spawning like crazy in about 5 different locations. As soon as we finished off one incarnation we split up until we spotted the next one. Don't think we had to wait more than 5 minutes for the next one to spawn all night. A few times, a new WL would spawn right next to where we had just finished off the prior one, so we didn't even have to go searching.

#523488 01/20/05 05:37 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Hey, guys. I wouldn't mind playing either
Xs Ive or Brin tonight if everyone wants to
work on their lower characters. I'd love to
get Xs up from 9 to 12 ... then I'd have
speed boost! 8-)

#523489 01/20/05 06:07 AM
Leader
Leader
Princess got one level! Not as impressive as 8, but when you get to be her level, it was nice just to see it go up in one night. I don't think she had more than a bubble going into it.

One of our teammates recognized Princess' costume and may be joining us here and/or on Virtue.

When we were done, I strolled into my hubby's office, and he showed me a spot in Crey's Folley where there were five Winter Lords just hanging out. He was the only hero in the zone. He said he had been in one zone where he counted 13 up and running at the same time. eek Too bad at our lower levels, we can't get into a zone like that and just keep hitting it for minions to get the second badge.

#523490 01/20/05 07:23 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
speed boost! 8-)
That would be fine with me, I have have plenty of Vee Legionnaires that could stand a workout and some additional levels! laugh

If we get a full group of 8 on tonight we can really rock & roll. The amount of xp you get seems to be based on the amount of damage your team does to the Winter Lord. Last night we kept running into another team and various soloers at every battle but once we had a full contingent the xp got really juicy. (It also helped that we were in Kings Row and both Jan & Cos were SKed to Princess laugh )

If we do it on Virtue, I imagine we could get at least one level for each of the 20+ Legionnaires and a few for any of the lower ones. It would certainly help SunBoy move up in level from 12 to probably 15-16, so if anyone is able to contact him (I think Caroline got his email address) that would be nice since he's not on LW.

#523491 01/20/05 10:04 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
speed boost! 8-)
Well, my only other characters on Virtue are non-Legionnaires like The Jade Enforcer... so if that's cool.

BTW, it seems like a good idea to have a mix of higher/lower levels. After each encounter, Prism would fly from one spawn point to another and call over the rest of the team.

Otherwise, our characters on Protector could also use the leveling... I've got Lady Amethyst and Subterfuge Kid to work on there.

#523492 01/20/05 10:17 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I highly doubt you'll see me back on Legion night (or any other night) anytime soon. Just no time with long work hours and a current feeling of total apathy towards the game.

#523493 01/20/05 05:42 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm on infinity right now, but let me now with Invisible Lyle if you want to switch to Virtue

#523494 01/20/05 05:59 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Going to switch over to Virtue so look for me there

#523495 01/20/05 06:53 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm on as Polar Kid with Grev & Tas

#523496 01/20/05 10:15 PM
Deputy
Deputy
After the Legion broke up for the night I
logged back on as Blue and finished my last
bubble.

Blue is now level 39!

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

#523497 01/20/05 10:30 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Gratz to Blue buddy!

I logged in so I could download the patch and check out the stacking armors on EAP. Ran across 3 or 4 Winter Lords and wound up earning over 3 bubbles and 3 gifts.

#523498 01/21/05 04:36 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Just as Andrew was logging off, we were talking about heading into KR to see if we could find some WLs and pay off some debt. Right about then Prism logged in and so he joined Tas, Grev and Mysa in KR hunting Winter Lords. Shortly thereafter, Rain Bow logged in with his new Legion char, Ultra Boi (who was promptly inducted in the Legion) and joined us as we barreled from one WL spawn site to the next.

Lost track of just how many Lords we took down but Mysa paid off nealry 10,000 in debt and got to within 3 bubbles of 26; Grev paid off all of his debt and is now less than 2 bubbles to 26; Ultra Boi picked up 2 or 3 levels; Tas paid off all of her debt then switched to Ayla and Prism logged in Jade Enforcer to get her some xp as well.

All in all one of the most fun & profitable Legion nights! laugh

#523499 01/21/05 01:09 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
A couple of us have discussed trying Sister Psyche's TF this weekend with the Virtue Legionniares. I believe it takes a minimum of 5 level 20-26 heroes. So, whose interested and available. Either Condo or Mysa can do it this time and the other will wait a little bit for another group.

#523500 01/21/05 01:54 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Vee:
A couple of us have discussed trying Sister Psyche's TF this weekend with the Virtue Legionniares. I believe it takes a minimum of 5 level 20-26 heroes. So, whose interested and available. Either Condo or Mysa can do it this time and the other will wait a little bit for another group.
I'm willing to try, but Sister Psyche's TF is Freakshow and will include Tanks, which have been hellish in Issue 3. The rollback of the boss increase is on test, so it looks like things will work normally on the live servers soon.

#523501 01/21/05 03:27 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Yes. The tanks are really pretty tough lately.
I've been avoiding them as Blue unless I'm backed
up by a healer ...

Maybe we could hunt in Talos to see how well we
can handle the tanks there?

Page 35 of 78 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,747
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Trickster74
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
BrucePristine
BrucePristine
Hoxton, London
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star