Roll Call
0 members (), 21 Murran Spies, and 125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 06/07/24 08:00 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 06/07/24 07:59 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 06/07/24 07:53 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 06/07/24 07:52 PM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by stile86 - 06/07/24 07:48 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 06/07/24 06:17 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 78 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 77 78
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
#523527 01/25/05 07:42 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I think since the spawn rate for KR was much better and a mid lvl WL was there, that's why so many people were always in KR.

The Lords in Galaxy (Northwest corner, Southwest corner in Dark Nebula (?), Gemini Park and just in front of Brawler in Freedom was where they spawned) were few and far between. I was constantly running circles between all points and those four were the only ones that showed up in 90 minutes. Poe's fast enough that he would have been able to reach any one spawning ground in seconds. In fact the Northwest corner didn't spawn once last night. I got one in the Southwest corner (solo), one in Freedom and two in Gemini Park (one solo, one team).

#523528 01/25/05 07:42 AM
Leader
Leader
The natural stores in IP and Talos are tricky. The SOs show up in the MIDDLE of the list of DOs. I missed them the first time I went and bought a bunch of DOs for Grev until someone insisted they were available, and I went back and scrolled through the list more slowly.

#523529 01/25/05 07:46 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yeah, that threw me also. Took me a while to check all the enhancements at the Mutation store and then spotted them in the middle of the list. You should also be able to start getting SOs from your lvl 25 contacts as soon as they open up their store completely.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#523530 01/25/05 08:00 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I'm still working through my lvl 20 contacts. Got a mission in the Hollows that I can now probably solo. But the next mission for the old gal in Striga says I might want to bring along a couple of friends.

But I'll have to go back and check on the SOs again. Thanks for letting me know they were there. I swear I checked the list but probably just over looked them. I rely a lot on their color since their descriptions get more and more vague.

#523531 01/25/05 08:52 AM
Leader
Leader
Yeah, you can't rely on color when looking for the SOs. Keep an eye on the prices. When they start getting into 5 digits, you're in the SOs.

The old gal in Striga will wind up selling you magic SOs (and a friend or two probably isn't a bad idea for that mish, but if you can solo a Winter Lord, you can probably solo that mish). Long Jack, or whatever his name is, the first contact she'll introduce you to, is supposed to sell naturals, but when Grev got to him, he didn't have a store, missions or anything available. I don't know if I outleveled him or haven't hit his level yet.

#523532 01/25/05 09:10 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yay! Servers are back and so are the WLs! See you in Paragon! laugh

#523533 01/25/05 11:26 AM
Active
Active
Hmmm, you soloed the Winter Lord, Scott? That doesn't sound right, I thought update 3 was supposed to make all monsters ramp up to purple difficulty so that no one could solo a monster. (And that's one case where I agree no one should be able to solo, giant monsters should require the whole JLA and the JLA reserves.)

I've been thinking there's something wrong with the 'all monsters con purple' and I think this confirmed it. This weekend Jade faught the Winter Lord and at level 14 she did no damage to the KR WL (level 10) unless Condo sk'ed her to 25. Later I faught him with Dynamo Kid a level 5 tank and did the kind of damage to the KR WL that I expected Jade to do.

Last night, on Infinity, KR was more than a little crazy with high-level players powerleveling other with the WL. Player conduct is one issue there but I saw one of these lvl 50s take a Winter Lord from 3/4 to zero in one shot... if we're not supposed to solo them then something is off.

Anyway, Bolt of Blue got to level 16 late last night, so he also could do Positron.

#523534 01/25/05 01:10 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I think its crazy that you have to be almost four times the level to do any considerable damage. These things were worse than the Pumpkin Kings (or whatever they were called). I think that's why we saw so many 50 just coming in and taking them out in two shots. Although at their level 10,000 XP is nothing. It wouldn't even register on their bar.

I never heard that a monster (or AV for that matter) was strictly limited to teaming only. EAP couldn't take out Dr. Vaz without help and it still caused him to die three times IIRC. And I had Caroline helping me with one of her blasters. The only time I died fighting a WL was when my team in KR couldn't get to the rooftop to help me and I couldn't get the bastich to fall or jump off the roof. Then I took a pot shot at the only high level WL I saw (in IP, a 23 I think) and he had me down to just blinking life in two shots. Same level as me.

No matter which way you look at it, the damage is all screwey.

#523535 01/25/05 01:12 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Yeah, you can't rely on color when looking for the SOs. Keep an eye on the prices. When they start getting into 5 digits, you're in the SOs.

The old gal in Striga will wind up selling you magic SOs (and a friend or two probably isn't a bad idea for that mish, but if you can solo a Winter Lord, you can probably solo that mish). Long Jack, or whatever his name is, the first contact she'll introduce you to, is supposed to sell naturals, but when Grev got to him, he didn't have a store, missions or anything available. I don't know if I outleveled him or haven't hit his level yet.
Thanks Seymour. I'm pretty sure she has already introduced me to Long Jack but I haven't gone to him for any missions. I wonder if I've already outleveled him? I've only gone up four levels at the most since getting her as my contact. Probably only three.

#523536 01/25/05 01:16 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I think its crazy that you have to be almost four times the level to do any considerable damage. These things were worse than the Pumpkin Kings (or whatever they were called). I think that's why we saw so many 50 just coming in and taking them out in two shots. Although at their level 10,000 XP is nothing. It wouldn't even register on their bar.

I never heard that a monster (or AV for that matter) was strictly limited to teaming only. EAP couldn't take out Dr. Vaz without help and it still caused him to die three times IIRC. And I had Caroline helping me with one of her blasters. The only time I died fighting a WL was when my team in KR couldn't get to the rooftop to help me and I couldn't get the bastich to fall or jump off the roof. Then I took a pot shot at the only high level WL I saw (in IP, a 23 I think) and he had me down to just blinking life in two shots. Same level as me.

No matter which way you look at it, the damage is all screwey.
When Issue 3 hit test there was some grumbling about the new "All monsters con purple" rule, and States jumped in a said that the intent was that monsters shouldn't be possible to solo. I took the purple as meaning that, no matter how powerful you were, the monster would be treated as if it were +4 levels.

It doesn't sound like that's the case, however. Whatever code went behind this formula is a bit screwy.

#523537 01/25/05 01:25 PM
Leader
Leader
Or maybe the devs were actually being NICE to players for once with this event. smile

#523538 01/25/05 02:14 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Or maybe the devs were actually being NICE to players for once with this event. smile
I dunno, last night on Infinity there was more drama in Kings Row than an episode of The Amazing Race where the contestants are forced to stand in a queue for a taxi... we had one level 50 running around and one-shotting the Winter Lord (he also had maxed travel) just to be obnoxious. He wasn't on a team, just was stealing the kill 'cause he could.

#523539 01/25/05 02:27 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Man oh man, WLs are poppin all over 2-3 at a time. BEauty is sheparding a group of 8-12s at the moment and we 're smokin! laugh

#523540 01/25/05 03:12 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Vee:
Man oh man, WLs are poppin all over 2-3 at a time. BEauty is sheparding a group of 8-12s at the moment and we 're smokin! laugh
Hmmmm, would anyone like to group on Pinnacle? Captain Hottie is around level 26 and would be happy to help level a group... perhaps in Galaxy where there'd be less competition? Or maybe we could be wild and go to Steel?

#523541 01/25/05 03:14 PM
Deputy
Deputy
The AVs get really tough in the 30s and 40s.
With Temp's help and a few other friends from
time to time, I was generally able to take out
the AVs in my level ... but we fought a level
45 AV to a standstill once with a full team...
the baddie kept regenerating everytime we did a
little damage to him. You need at least a team of
4 to hope to be able to take out a 40s level AV,
and some of them it's a struggle with 8.

Time for Blue to get his new costume!

#523542 01/25/05 03:29 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
Originally posted by Vee:
[b]Man oh man, WLs are poppin all over 2-3 at a time. BEauty is sheparding a group of 8-12s at the moment and we 're smokin! laugh
Hmmmm, would anyone like to group on Pinnacle? Captain Hottie is around level 26 and would be happy to help level a group... perhaps in Galaxy where there'd be less competition? Or maybe we could be wild and go to Steel?[/b]
Same goes for any of you wanting to level up your historical characters on Victory. I'll try to put aside some time tonight to play. Assuming I get to leave work before morning. mad

#523543 01/25/05 05:02 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Guys...

I'm in something called the Shadow Shard...

It's unfreakin' believable. i'm going to try
to post some screenshots tonight... you won't
believe this place ...

#523544 01/25/05 05:22 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Same goes for any of you wanting to level up your historical characters on Victory. I'll try to put aside some time tonight to play. Assuming I get to leave work before morning. mad
Hmmm, I'd certainly like to get my Victory characters out of their rut... the 4th of July Kid could use some help especially.

#523545 01/25/05 07:15 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Seymour and I are on Virtue with his Saturn Lady and my newest creation, Mighty Mon. The hunting is still great!

#523546 01/25/05 07:55 PM
Active
Active
I'm finishing up dinner now, so I'll be on soon...

#523547 01/25/05 09:18 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Hey, guys. I was taking screenshots like a
tourist on vacation, but I figured you guys
wouldn't want to see all of them. This one is
a shot of Blue in his 4th costume-- what I refer
to as his Kick Butt Outfit-- standing in the
Shadow Shard. It's a cool, almost surreal place
and I can't wait until the Legion can go there.

click to enlarge

#523548 01/25/05 11:12 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Sorry I didn't get on tonight guys. After getting off work late and rushing home to take Caroline to look at the car I was just too dead. And if I have to even think about putting my contacts in before work in the morning I'll tear my eyes out. Damn inversion!

#523549 01/26/05 04:27 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hehe! I don't know what I'm going to do when the WL is finally gone. I'm just having way too much fun with him around! laugh

Mon went from "birth" to level 10 last night, thanks in great part to Seymour's Saturn Lady (It was great having her make an appearance again.) and SunBoy.

This winter event has also been a great way to meet lots of other Legion fans. Last night I found myself standing next to "Ferric Lad" in the sandlot below Blue Steel. Turns out he's a big Legion fan and just got CoH for Christmas from his wife. He had created FB (who looks awesome, BTW), Val Armorr, and Lectric Lad ( laugh ) and had been playing them on his own. He was thrilled to find out that their was a Legion inspired SG and we inducted him. He also want to get his others into the SG.

ANother of our teammates turned out to be a Legion fan also and asked if he could make a char in order to join (the char he was playing ~ a devices blaster ~ wasn't appropriate in his opinion) He eventually logged off in order to create him but took forever and Seymour couldn't wait any longer. He finally logged in with his creation (Gusto Man) and sent me a tell. I replied telling him to send Saturn Lady an emial so she would know who to look for.

#523550 01/26/05 05:12 AM
Leader
Leader
Gusto Man? Sounds like fun. I'll add him to Grev's friends list. I didn't even think I should have just promoted Mighty Mon high enough to have invite privileges. I hope Gusto Man wasn't to PO'd. He never did actually say he was a Legion fan (when he was asking me about membership), just sent smilies whenever I mentioned it.

#523551 01/26/05 06:01 AM
Deputy
Deputy
New Smallville on tonight, gang. The teleporting
Fatal Attraction Girl from last season is making
a return... and she's bringing Red Kryptonite!

8-)

Page 37 of 78 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,965
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
mechana
mechana
Canada
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star