Roll Call
1 members (Sarcasm Kid), 28 Murran Spies, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/28/24 12:44 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/28/24 12:39 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/28/24 03:08 AM
R.I.P. Rachel Pollack
by Ann Hebistand - 05/27/24 04:12 PM
DC Pride 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 05/27/24 04:11 PM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by thoth lad - 05/27/24 12:23 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 08:57 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RAZORWIRE 26 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 12:58 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 78 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 77 78
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
#523702 03/03/05 05:31 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I will. I'd like to either do the Cavern Trial (finally) or maybe attempt the TV Trial. What about everyone else?

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#523703 03/04/05 12:48 PM
Active
Active
FYI, Amazon's having a "Friday Special" on the DVD edition... $19.99!

I understand that includes a free month of CoH, so that seems a reasonable price for the slide and cape.

#523704 03/05/05 09:42 AM
Deputy
Deputy
One thing about the Terra Volta trial,
guys. You only get a limited number of
respecs from it. I think the limit is
about 3 or 4 respecs.

I'm not sure what would happen if we
did it multiple times. You can get an
SO instead of the respec, but I don't
know if that saves the respec option
for you at a later try.

#523705 03/06/05 07:42 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wow! Congrats Seymour! I see Grev made it to 29! Awesome!

#523706 03/06/05 08:08 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Hey late comer to the conversation....but if anyone plays on virtue....look me up..i play a character called 88.

scotty b

#523707 03/07/05 04:30 AM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Vee:
Wow! Congrats Seymour! I see Grev made it to 29! Awesome!
Thanks!

I played way too much during the weekend but didn't run into anyone from the SG until Sunday night when Prism came on. There were a couple people from the LSH channel on Saturday, but not with SG characters so I didn't know who they were. smile

One more level and I can get an aura, though I'm not sure I will since you can't turn it off. And now Princess is way far behind, but it's hard to give her any attention without a group.

#523708 03/07/05 04:35 AM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Scottybones:
Hey late comer to the conversation....but if anyone plays on virtue....look me up..i play a character called 88.

scotty b
Virtue is one of our two main servers for Legion play. Virtue has the Legionnaires of Virtue, which is for all Legion fans, many of whom have Legion-inspired characters. On Infinity, we have the Legion of Super Friends, which uses characters and costume designs inspired by the Adventure era.

Check out the COH roster thread and put some names on your Friends list so you can find us and we can get you in the SG. On Virtue, you'll most likely see me as Shadow Lad.

#523709 03/07/05 07:01 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Scottybones:

scotty b
Hey Scotty! Always glad to find another CoH player here on LegionWorld. As it turns out, our main SG is on Virtue and you're most likely to find one of us there. We use this thread to keep everyone informed of when/where we are going to be on and to plan SG events.

Some of us have chars on numerous servers so be sure to post your roster over on the CoH Roster thread as well so we can look for you on any server we happen to be on.

As a CoH-a-holic I have dozens of chars. My main ones are Condo & Mystical Mysa on Virtue (though I have six others there as well) and Beauty Blaze on Infinity (7 others there as well! laugh )

We also have a sporadically used Legion SG on Protector and assorted minor non-Legion SGs on other servers.

Thursday nights are what we have designated as Legion Nights and we all try to get together then (typically on Virtue or Infinity) We usually decide before hand through discussions on this thread where and when we are going to meet.

#523710 03/08/05 04:23 PM
Active
Active
Anyone done the Moonfire TF? I hear you're pretty much guaranteed the vamp/wolf badges after completing that one. How hard/long is it? Prism's awfully close to getting his first accolage badge.

OTOH, Capt Hottie needs to get Top Dog first... anyone have a teleporter on Pinnacle that could help with that?

#523711 03/09/05 11:30 AM
Substitute
Substitute
what level is the moonfire tf...i havent been on in about a month....but i did create a tanker today specifically 4 joining u guys...look for Calorie Queen.

scotty b

CalorieQueen

#523712 03/09/05 11:42 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Calorie Queen as a tanker? Interesting choice. Look forward to meeting her.

#523713 03/09/05 05:28 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
FYI, Amazon's having a "Friday Special" on the DVD edition... $19.99!

I understand that includes a free month of CoH, so that seems a reasonable price for the slide and cape.
Got a copy for both Caroline and myself since that beat any price around town or on-line. Amazon said it shipped out today. But I think I'm more excited for the Poe biography I bought at the same time.

#523714 03/10/05 06:17 AM
Deputy
Deputy
So what's the plan for Legion tonight?

#523715 03/10/05 06:39 AM
Active
Active
Right now I am still not sure when or if I will be able to join you guys in Paragon tonight. Sometime today they are releasing my mother from the hospital, but moving her to another facility. It is NOT a nursing home, it is an 'intermediary care facility' called Health South. (No, not a trip to New Orleans, darn) It is a place for after surgery recouperation, and for people with cancer and cardiac rehab issues. It is a place with a 30-90 day cap. I would much rather have her home with us, but she is still in serious racing heart mode and on 4 IV's and monitoring equipment. This is also a facility where they will have her up and walking several times a day and attending any classes she might want to take from cooking to craftwork and lectures. She's been there before, after her first heart surgery and after her initial round of chemo therapy wiped her out. If Scott and I are home before 7 our time, maybe I can join the Legion. I miss everyone very much!! You will all hit 50 in the time I've missed *sigh*

#523716 03/10/05 08:10 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Intermediate Care facilities can do wonders and HealthSouth is one of the biggest organizations in that specialty from my understanding.

We miss you too, Caroline (and Scott of course laugh ) Hope you are able to join us tonight. I'll bet it would be nice for you to be able to run around Paragon for a while instead of dealing with everything you've had to deal with.

#523717 03/10/05 05:31 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Sunboy and Mon are on Virtue. Come join us!

#523718 03/11/05 10:22 AM
Active
Active
Missed that by a few hours Vee, but I did pull out Doc Nimbus for awhile this morning.

"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"
#523719 03/11/05 12:06 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Doc we miss you on Legion Nights. Hope you can join us soon!

#523720 03/12/05 06:28 AM
Active
Active
Me too, but work is taking up most of my time, but that should slow down soon, I hope! smile

#523721 03/12/05 06:30 AM
Active
Active
Have you guys seen the info on Issue 4? It looks so cool! We can take the Legion of Virtue on against other sgs! Woo hooo! Battle Royale!!!

#523722 03/12/05 09:24 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Doc Nimbus:
Have you guys seen the info on Issue 4? It looks so cool! We can take the Legion of Virtue on against other sgs! Woo hooo! Battle Royale!!!
The way they've designed the PvP makes it a bit more appealing than what I thought it might be. Setting up the arena for planned Battle Royale competitions sounds kind of fun, particularly since it doesn't involve any debt. More a mater of rankings and bragging rights it seems. Could be fun.

#523723 03/12/05 11:09 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
frown

Condo decided to join a respec team last night since noone else from LoVirtue was on.

The first team was a full group of 8, all level 29-31 except for a lvl 27 scrapper who was SK'd. The first couple of missions are really short and kind of easy. I'll detail them in a different post.

Once we entered the reactor building it became a nightmare. The first room (entry foyer) was manageable but everyone was red or purple to me. Since Condo is a 29 that means 32s & 33s, but the were all minion Sky Raiders and maybe one lieut.

The second room was a distaster. We all died 2-3 times in the course of 15 minutes. (Remember our very first attempt at Positron? laugh ) Immediately after that the healer and 3 others decided it wasn't worth the debt and quit the team. One other member broke his keyboard and had to drop as well though he would have stayed for another attempt.

With three remaining (Condo, a lvl 31 devices blaster and a lvl 30 scrapper) we decided to dissolve the team and reform, thinking that a smaller team might make things easier when it came to mob size, which it did. We recruited a lvl 29 healer and tried again.

Things went much better the second time with only one death over all (not Condo laugh ) until we got into the reactor core (the final event)

Good golly Miss Molly! That SUCKED! frown

Condo managed to survive (barely) through about 5-6 waves of attackers but we were finally overwhelmed and all four of us died.

MISSION FAILED

At that point, Condo had accumulated about 54000 in debt during the evening and paid it down to the point where he currently has about 45000 (I get 9000 per death at lvl 29 ~ you can do the math laugh )

Though we were all disappointed, we decided to disband the team. The scrapper needed to log for the night and we felt that we as a team would be unsucessful in a further attempt in any case. Just not enough firepower & healing strength for a 4 man team facing lvl 32s (minions, lieuts, capt & bosses ~ all reds or purples to me at 29).

Having lived through that educational experience (well you know what I mean laugh ) I've come to the following conclusions:

1- It's definitely a challenging but interesting TF/mission;

2- I would only attempt it with a team of 4-5 ALL OF THE SAME LEVEL.

3- I would take a blaster, regen scrapper, tanker, empathy defender, and probably a controller with some healing powers and ideally PA. Group stealth would be extremely useful as would a couple of members with TP and rez.

4- To me the key is that everyone be at the same level. Mobs all seem to be 1-2 levels above the highest team member's level so in my case, it was near impossible to do any damge, while getting killed or nealry killed in two hits by Sky Skiffs (bosses) that were purple to me.

5- An 8 man team generates huge numbers of mobs with bosses. Not a good idea!

#523724 03/12/05 12:05 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Here's the breakdown/summary of the respec TF

1- The contact to get the Respec TF is Jane Hallaway who is positioned on the Valor Bridge waypoint;

2- She sends you to speak with a contact in Terra Volta who has you defeat 30 Sky Raiders in TV;

3- Team leader goes back to Jane at Valor Bridge and she sends you to an office in either Steel or PP to defeat a Sky Raider Captain and his crew. You can stealth through this door mission if you want and just find the Capt. and take him out along with the Sky Raiders in his group;

4- Back to Jane and she sends you on to the Terra Volta Reactor (last mission)

5- Your task is to rescue some scientists and keep the Sky Raiders from destroying the reactor;

6- When you enter the door, there is a small group of Sky Raiders ahead of you with some hostage guards in a foyer. Take that group out first;

7- From that foyer is a doorway leading into what apears to be the TV Reactor control room. You enter on a catwalk above the back of the room. There is a group at the far right end of the ctwalk that are holding 1-2 scientists hostage. There are more groups down on the main floor with more captured scientists. Take out the group up top first. It seemed to work best to snipe and retreat back into the foyer;

8- Once that first group is finished you need to clear out the main floor as well. Again, snipe and retreat into the foyer. Don't think we ever just got one Sky Raider. They always came in groups of 3-4. Beware the Sky Skiffs! They are as bad if not worse than Freakshow Tanks! There may also be Proximity Bombs scattered through that room. Don't get near them because they will explode and cause you massive damage. Have someone snipe them if possible. One shot from Condo was enough for the one near the reactor door;

9-Once the lower room is cleared, there are some metal doors along the side that also contain Sky Raiders and some remaining captured scientists. DO NOT open the door at the very front of the room off of the main platform! Thats the entrance to the main reactor area. We were fortunate in that the first side door we opened contained the last of the scientist so we didn't need to open any others. I do wonder, however, if we should not have stayed and opened each of the remaining side doors and cleared the Sky Raiders out before moving on. It may have made the reactor room battle less intense. Don't know but it's worth considering;

10- Once you've rescued the last of the scientist you enter the doorway at the front of the room. That leads into a corridor heading to the main reactor core. We had someone with stealth & TP bypass all of the Sky Raiders & Proximity bombs in there and find the anteroom to the core. Once there, he TPed all of us in. Again, I don't know if it would have been better to fight through that corridor or not. The two on the team that had done the mission before both felt stealthing & TPing was the better idea;

12- The anteroom to the core contains some racks with coolant belts (one for each team member only) and a platform with red energy radiating from it. You each need to take a coolant belt and then get in the platform which gives you a red bubble. This bubble protects you from the core's radiation which can damage you;

13- Once everyoe is bubbled you enter the reactor core. It's a very dark, cool looking circular room with the actual core in the center. Your coolant belts will heal it but each belt only has 20 charges so don't waste them!

14- Sky Raiders will begin ataacking from the air almost immediately. They will come from all directions and in large waves. You need to defeat all of them and keep healing the core;

15- Your red bubble will expire periodically and you will begin taking radiation damage. You should run back out to recharge the bubble every chance you get "between waves" of attacking Sky Raiders. (I never noticed any perceivable "waves". The room seemed to be under perpeutual attack, likely because we didn't have the fire power to take each wave out quickly so the following wave must have arrived while we were still battling the previous one.) In any case, you need to remain very aware of your bubble. I lost mine a few times because there was no opportunity to take a breather between waves in order to go recharge and I had to make a mad dash to the anteroom to get a new one, taking damage from radiation and Sky Raiders the whole time!;

16- I assume at some point you have defeated all the Sky Raiders and you successfully complete the mission. Don't know if there is anything else beyond that core room battle since we never survived the last of the Raiders.

#523725 03/12/05 01:03 PM
Deputy
Deputy
When I did it, Vee, there were a set number
of waves to be overcome. The higher the level,
the more waves there are, I think.

Blue sniped all the proximity bombs as we
made our way to the reactor room.

As far as I know, you just have to withstand
all the waves to be successful.

#523726 03/13/05 05:42 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
FYI, I ran into LWer Scottybones on Virtue last night so I switched to Cosmic Rokk and inducted his lvl 2 "Calorie Queen" char. I also inducted a few other chars of his (I'll let him post their correct names) and meet his lvl 32 Earth controller "Scottybones" who has a very cool pet rock! laugh So if you see some names you don't recognize on the SG list they are prob one of his alts.

Page 44 of 78 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,744
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Trickster74
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star