Roll Call
1 members (Sarcasm Kid), 28 Murran Spies, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/28/24 12:44 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/28/24 12:39 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/28/24 03:08 AM
R.I.P. Rachel Pollack
by Ann Hebistand - 05/27/24 04:12 PM
DC Pride 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 05/27/24 04:11 PM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by thoth lad - 05/27/24 12:23 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 08:57 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RAZORWIRE 26 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 12:58 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 78 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 77 78
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
#523727 03/13/05 07:02 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Also yesterday Mysa successfully completed the Respec Trial with a group of 8 lvl 26-27. We had 2 defender healers, a controller with confuse and group invis, two blasters, an awesome tanker (would love to see how he's slotted all his powers) and 2 scrappers.

Initially a very disorganized team. So bad I thought about just telling them to go to hell and leaving the team. One scrapper and the tanker were friends and wanted the xp, one of the blasters had failed the mish afew times and just wanted to ghost through to the end and no one could agree about anything. They keep cursing each other out and doing whatever they wanted.

Mysa had been made leader just before we accepted the mish and she finally had to put her foot down and tell them all to shut up or she would kick each and everyone one of them from the team and they could each start over on their own! (Mysa does have a bit of a temper as you all know laugh )

That seemed to get their attention and everyone settled down and began working together instead of being at each others' throats. Once that happened the team really rocked!

Although there were a few deaths in the reactor core, it was mostly because they wandered too far afield for the heals to affect them.

That tank just stood there and knocked off Raider after Raider with just occasional heals from me! He probably could have cleaned out the place himself with just Mysa or the other healer along. Amazing!

In any case, we were successful in saving the reactor and they all earned their respec. SInce I didn't really need to change any power selections on Mysa, instead of the respec, Mysa chose a SO enhancement.

I think the Virtue Legion, with the right group in place could do very well and have a great time.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#523728 03/13/05 07:03 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
When I did it, Vee, there were a set number
of waves to be overcome. The higher the level,
the more waves there are, I think.

Blue sniped all the proximity bombs as we
made our way to the reactor room.

As far as I know, you just have to withstand
all the waves to be successful.
You are right Blue. A couple of the guys with Mysa said that it was 7 waves we had to withstand. WHile I didn't count, it seemed about right when we were done.

#523729 03/14/05 11:53 AM
Active
Active
Hmm, with SL at 29, should we try to plan to do the Hess TF this weekend before Grev hits 31? On the boards it gets called the coolest TF in the game and a 'must-see'.

Anyone have Hess unlocked, or do we need to put that on this week's "to do" list?

BTW, almost have Prism's new build figured out! It looks like he'll be giving up Superior Invisibility, Enervating Field, Lingering Radiation and Recall Friend for Hasten and Stamina. The radiation powers are next to be re-picked... they are such an END drain I figure I'm okay with putting them off until I get stamina.

Recall Friend is the toughest to give up, but there are four pools I already want for Prism. (Flight, Speed, Fitness and Leadership) Flight is the one I'm least attached to, but I'm kinda emotionally attached to having him fly. Leadership sounds like it'll be really useful post-32, when he gets Phantasms.

#523730 03/14/05 01:31 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Don't be surprised to see some new Legionnaires on Virtue & Infinity. I signed my nephew Tommy up for CoH with that freebie Valentine's Day offer since I knew he and his roommate (you've seen both of them around LW on occasion as Condo & Pol) would enjoy playing. Unfortunately their computer can't seem to handle the graphics or memory or something (it's faaaaaarrrrrr from new) so I now have a second 1 year sub to play with.

and you know what THAT means..... laugh

Oh boy! More member s for Vee's Legion! BouncingBoy

Look for Li'l Giant Gim (came out really neat looking in his blue & red costume) and Brin Wolf on Virtue. And who knows what other Legionnaires might turn up with all those slots to fill!

#523731 03/14/05 01:33 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Now I just have to figure out how to play BOTH accounts at the same time! I think I might need a new laptop! laugh

#523732 03/14/05 01:36 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
BTW, I noticed this weekend that we have a Generic Hero 059 in the Protector SG. Couldn't figure out who it might be. Looked like it hadn't been played in a few months and was only a level 3 tanker. But you might all want to check your rosters to see if its yours frown

#523733 03/14/05 02:37 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Vee:
Now I just have to figure out how to play BOTH accounts at the same time! I think I might need a new laptop! laugh
Hmmm, Vee's Buffbot is probably coming.... laugh

BTW, I noticed this weekend that we have a Generic Hero 059 in the Protector SG. Couldn't figure out who it might be. Looked like it hadn't been played in a few months and was only a level 3 tanker. But you might all want to check your rosters to see if its yours frown
That's too bad. I wonder how that one got caught if it hadn't been taken out... unless someone got reported for another character and that one got tagged as well (it sounds like they typically scan the whole account if they find something wrong to begin with... tho' not always).

Whoever had that character should have gotten an e-mail about it.

#523734 03/14/05 04:26 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Looks like they're getting closer to
rolling out issue 4. I had some stuff
start downloading when I exited COH ...

#523735 03/14/05 05:35 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
Looks like they're getting closer to rolling out issue 4. I had some stuff start downloading when I exited COH ...
On Live? Wow, I knew it was up on test (the pre-download). Interesting....

#523736 03/14/05 06:38 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Probably Easter week...

#523737 03/15/05 10:28 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Doc Nimbus:
Have you guys seen the info on Issue 4? It looks so cool! We can take the Legion of Virtue on against other sgs! Woo hooo! Battle Royale!!!
Something else else else I heard suggested on the CoH forums... SG's could turn the arena into their own Danger Room having PVP battles within the SG. That seems like a good way to go, for me, since we're all pretty reasonable and we know each other, so we're less likely to have drama over PVP battles.

#523738 03/15/05 11:02 AM
Substitute
Substitute
FYI, I ran into LWer Scottybones on Virtue last night so I switched to Cosmic Rokk and inducted his lvl 2 "Calorie Queen" char. I also inducted a few other chars of his (I'll let him post their correct names) and meet his lvl 32 Earth controller "Scottybones" who has a very cool pet rock! laugh So if you see some names you don't recognize on the SG list they are prob one of his alts.
Hey hey....
Scottybones is actually my level 16 illusion/kinetic controller on your team.
Calorie Queen rocks...she is my firsttanker and at level 2 she was taking down level 6's.
88 is my level 32 earth controller (not on your team) but feel free o hit meup if you need some muscle.
Also joining your team was Nephratite & Sexy Enigma.
Not sure if Nephratite will stay around, not thrilled with the character.

if you ever wantto hit me up, email me, scottybones88@comcast.net and i will try to meet you guys on there.

scotty b

#523739 03/15/05 12:05 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
After playing around a little with the hero creator (keep your eyes open for Night Lass and Kid Ferrous on Infinity and Xao Dragonmage on Protector) I logged in with poor Condo to see if could work some of his 49000 or so in debt off.

As I was heading to a Sky Raiders mission in Steel I saw a request for help seeking a lvl 16+ blaster. I offered Condo's help think it was prob a lower level defender or controller that was having a hard time with a Boss and figured I could exemp and work off debt that way.

Turns out my offer was accepted by a lvl 45 scrapper that was attempting to complete the Nemesis AV door mission. He could battle Nemesis to a stand still but neither could defeat the other.

Once I joined the team and he sidekicked me, we began battling Nemesis since he had already cleared out most of the minions on the two lower levels.

It took us about a full hour of blasting and pounding away at Nemesis before we finally took him down! God what a workout! My partner's RL wife joined us after about 45 minutes with her level 45 defender? with FF & Psychic blast but she spent most of her time running back out to contacts getting us more red inspirations (I was using 2-3 at a time in order to make a dent in his health bar ...and Nemesis has a personal force field that he uses coonstantly so it's difficult to damage him much at all.

In any case, we finally defeated him. I hadn't been in the mission long enough according to CoH (an hour wasn't long enough? laugh ) to earn mission xp but my teammate then surprised me with a reward...

<marquee behavior=alternate><font size="16">500,000 inf !!!!</font s></marquee>

Woot! Burgers and beers for everyone!!!!!

#523740 03/15/05 01:44 PM
Active
Active
Woot!

Don't spend it all at Icon. laugh

Testing out another build this morning... I may have found one I like... I may drop Flash for Recall Friend since I'm not using Flash in the new build. (I'll have to test a little more to see if that holds.)

#523741 03/16/05 10:10 AM
Active
Active
Global Chat is live!

#523742 03/17/05 05:12 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
So, where shall we meet for Legion night tonight?

Virtue?

Infinity?

Protector?

#523743 03/17/05 06:55 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Grev & Condo are on Virtue

#523744 03/17/05 08:05 PM
Deputy
Deputy
God I cant wait to play this game.

I have been waiting a mon th now for my copy and the guy reckons he sent it the day I ordered it so now I think im going to be left high and dry frown

So what happens at the start (If you dont mind) do you create your person sort of like in the sims? do you decided then if your going to be a healer or the other ones? (What else can you be?)
when do you pick your powers? do you stort with zero points and earn them doing stuff? what happens if you loss all your points?

I hope I get to play one day.

:polarboy:
#523745 03/17/05 09:03 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You start out by creating your hero.

You first pick their origin which includes 5 options (Natural, Mutantation, Magic, Science, or Technology)

Then you select from a power type (Blaster, Tanker, Scrapper, Defender, Controller)

Once you've selected, it opens up power sets for that type of hero. For example a blaster could be: Energy, Fire, Ice, Electric, or Devices. A Scapper could select from Katana, Broadsword, Martial Arts, Claws or Spines.

Then you get a a secondary power set to select as well. You start with one lower level power from your primary and secondary set (as you gain experience by defeating villains and completing missions you achieve higher levels and get additional powers.)

Once you've selected your powers you design your hero's look/outfit and finally you give him a name and bio.

Once you're done, you can enter the tutorial which is a sort of pratice zone called Outbreak or you can go directly to the main game. I would encourge you to do the tutorial the first time.

Can't wait for it to reach you so you can join us! Fee free to ask any other questions in the meantime.

Regarding losing points. What happenes is: If you are defeated by a villain, you are automatically teleported to the hospital where you are rejuvenated to full strength. Hospitals of course are expensive and you pick up debt for each visit.

When you have debt, you must pay it off. As you earn additional points of experience and influence (money) half of what you earn goes to debt reduction which slows down your progress towards achieving your next level.

#523746 03/18/05 09:41 AM
Active
Active
Aaaargh!

I tried to do the Moonfire TF last night. The first mission is very hard, but doable... except that we had a couple of those dysfunctional members who just killed all strategy.

It was an interesting team... two controllers, one defender, one tank, one blaster and two Kheldians. Our immediate problem was that our blaster was level 25 and we were facing level 30 vampri. For some reason, he repeatedly asked for a SK, complaining that he wasn't hitting, and got no response from the team leader, the only 28 on the team.

Eventually we figured a strategy that hinged on waiting for the tank to pull all of the aggro and we'll just wail on 'em. It usually worked until, after a few successful battles the Kheldians would seem to forget and run ahead of the tank... even in one case where there was a Quantum boss (those guys can 1-shot a Kheldian) who the tank was still trying to get the attention of. Aaaargh! How did they get to level 50 if they don't know how a squishy needs to be played?

Aaaargh!

#523747 03/18/05 12:12 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Since no one else showed up last night for Legion Night shake Grev and Condo had to handle Legion duty on their own.

But we had a blast doing so. Condo is in the middle of the Scroll of Teleilaku arc and there are some pretty neat missions in the arc. The last one we did last night had us in a very cool Circle of Thorns castle-type lair with all kind portals and ramparts and crystals etc. Really neat! You guys missed out on a fun night.

#523748 03/18/05 12:23 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Caroline was told that Legion night was cancelled so she joined some friends of hers over on the Victory server instead (at least I think that's where she spend the night playing).

#523749 03/18/05 12:27 PM
Active
Active
Since no one else showed up last night for Legion Night shake Grev and Condo had to handle Legion duty on their own.
Sorry, lately it's been challenging for me to log on before 8PM on weekdays.

But we had a blast doing so. Condo is in the middle of the Scroll of Teleilaku arc and there are some pretty neat missions in the arc. The last one we did last night had us in a very cool Circle of Thorns castle-type lair with all kind portals and ramparts and crystals etc. Really neat! You guys missed out on a fun night.
That is a cool mission tho it was frustrating when I tried solo'ing it. I think it might've been remapped in I3 because I got really lost the first time I tried it, but easily found my way around the second. I also gave up on it and waited to level up before returning because I just couldn't beat one of the portals fast enough... eventually there would be a mob of those minotaur-things too big for myself.

Anyone need Spelunker on Virtue? Jade may be playing that mission this weekend to help out the tank I played with last night.

#523750 03/18/05 01:26 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Caroline was told that Legion night was cancelled so she joined some friends of hers over on the Victory server instead (at least I think that's where she spend the night playing).
Wonder who told her that? frown

#523751 03/19/05 11:43 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
BouncingBoy

Condo made it to lvl 30 last night with Grev's help and Grev is only a bubble and a half from achieving 30 as well!

Page 45 of 78 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,744
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Trickster74
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star