Roll Call
0 members (), 21 Murran Spies, and 125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 06/07/24 08:00 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 06/07/24 07:59 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 06/07/24 07:53 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 06/07/24 07:52 PM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by stile86 - 06/07/24 07:48 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 06/07/24 06:17 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 48 of 78 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 77 78
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
#523802 03/31/05 11:59 AM
Deputy
Deputy
My initial thought was to use it as a split, but
now I'm thinking that I'd want to make Rad out to
be a tohit debuff ... enverting field is much more
of a defense debuff.

EF is such a powerful tool ... I did the Eden Trial with Blue twice and a door that took my first team half an hour to take down was taken down by the second team in about 5-10 minutes. It is the ultimate defense debuff.

Andrew is 25, I think. I'd like to try the respec
mish just for the fun of it.

#523803 03/31/05 04:43 PM
Active
Active
BTW, Yikes! did I say Prism could solo easily? That was before I fought a tenacious mob of Devouring Earth and Freaks. (In the end I used a strategy where I summon PA and then pull foes to me and my army.)

Originally posted by Vee:
Yeah there are some cool choices. Didn't think to look if they had added any along with the new issue. I'll have to take a look.
Hm, there are a lot of new options, so maybe some were new. I played on the test to avoid losing any INF, so I may have seen the big list...

Condo & Grev are both ready to do the Calvin Scott TF, Bastion and Condo & Tas want to do the respec mish as well. Calvin Scott isn't supposed to be too long and the respec isn't either so we could try one of them tonight if everyone else is interested.
Perhaps a respec? I'm always happy to get another SO. It may be too early for Calvin Scott... his range is 30 - 36, IIRC and that may be painful with 30s. Maybe we can try for Bastion on Sat/Sun (it looks long) and Calvin the following weekend?

#523804 03/31/05 09:28 PM
Active
Active
Prism's new bind set:

/bind numpad5 "g Attention! Accelerate Metabolism is ready!$$emote whistle"
/bind numpad4 "g In 4...$$emote score4"
/bind numpad3 "g 3...$$emote score3"
/bind numpad2 "g 2...$$emote score2"
/bind numpad1 "g ...1$$emote score1"

#523805 04/01/05 11:00 AM
Active
Active
I'm posting to the Triumph board that I'm gonna be looking to do the Cavern of Transcendence this weekend. Anyone got characters 14+ on Triumph that wants to join that?

#523806 04/02/05 06:26 AM
Leader
Leader
I've got something smack-dab in the middle of the afternoon today, but I'm open for Bastion and/or anything else there might be time for tomorrow. We could also do Hess again so Mysa has a chance to do it and maybe just Ninja our way through the appropriate missions so it goes a bit faster.

#523807 04/02/05 12:50 PM
Active
Active
Tomorrow for Bastion and/or Hess sounds great. I'm always into that last room...

#523808 04/04/05 12:52 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well, what can I say about this weekend? Nightmarish comes to mind but even that may not relay exactly what it was like.

Grev, Prism, and Condo got together on Saturday and decided to attempt the respec mission. Pickin's were slim for others willing to participate but we were able to put together a team of eight. It included a Peacebringer and a Warshade, the three of us and three other heroes who's ATs I can't recall at the moment. I DO recall that we didn't have enough healing or damage dealing. We failed that mission, had three members drop and then failed the second attempt as well. Each time we made it to what seemed to be the final wave only to be overrun by numbers and had everyone killed.

By the end of the night I was up to 68K in debt and I think Prism and Grev were not far behind that total. The two of them did yeomans work in healing but neother of them is a true healer and we had no "Mysa" there to help keep everyone alive. Conversely, it seemed Condo was our best damage dealer and he couldn't keep up with wave after wave. (They were coming from 2-3 doors at a time unlike other times I've done this mission before when you dealt with distinct waves and had time to take a breath.)

Yesterday, I ventured on to CoH only to find Prism already logged in and giving the respec mish another, albeit unsuccessful, try. He said he'd be willing to try again and as we were discussing it both Grev and Scottybones logged in and joined us. It took quite a while to recruit enough people for the team and we ended up with an odd assortment this time as well. Condo (lvl 31 blaster), Grev (lvl 30 dark defender), Prism (lvl 30 illusion/rad controller, 88 (Scotty's lvl 32 earth controller), a level 24 electric blaster, a lvl 29 storm controller, a lvl 27 bubbler, and a lvl 25 ?

Unfortunately by the time we got a full team together and started on the first mish, Scotty had to go AFK for a while so we didn't have use of his pet "Rocky" during the missions. We actually did very well throughout the early part of the TF but again got overrun by the final wave.

So we decided to give it one more shot. We wanted to find a bit more damage so we disbanded and restarted. The level 25 blaster quit and Scotty still wasn't back so we added two scrappers, a lvl 24 and a lvl 28.

Now this sounded like a much better team to deal with that final wave but...

the level 24 scrapper immediately began having connection problems and kept dropping and taking a while to come back. And even worse, the lvl 28 scrapper was a certifiable pain in the ass who knew more than anyone what we needed to do. Of course he was always wrong but insisted he wasn't and caused more than a few deaths because of it.

Finally we made it into the reactor core and then things finally settled down some. The level 24 scrapper managed to participate in some of that and we managed to finally complete the mission and earn the repecs. *breath of relief*

By the end Condo logged off with 75,649 in debt. I think Grev and Prism were both in the 66-69K range as well.

This is a mission I actually enjoy doing but I will be leery of doing it with anyone other than people I know and trust. It is a manageable mission if well planned and done as a team that works together instead of just doing whatever you want and causing everyone problems. Think I'll only do it with you guys from now on. laugh

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#523809 04/04/05 01:16 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Well I deactivated my account today. I still have a couple months of credit since they won't allow me to transfer the time over to Caroline.

The game just holds no interest for me anymore. Must be my AAADD.

#523810 04/04/05 01:41 PM
Active
Active
The big problem with our respec attempts was the difficulty slider. Once we got everyone at heroic before starting that went fine. IMO the difficulty slider had an interface problem... it says heroic but the difficulties actually stack. We went from teams of +2, +3 and +4s to -1, evens, +1 and +2s. Unfortunately, if you check after the TF has started it says "heroic" and looks okay.

Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Well I deactivated my account today. I still have a couple months of credit since they won't allow me to transfer the time over to Caroline.

The game just holds no interest for me anymore. Must be my AAADD.
Sorry to hear about that, Scott. We're gonna miss teaming with you.

#523811 04/04/05 01:55 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Absolutely, but if you're not enjoying it anymore there is no reason to keep paying for an account.

Of course, if I run out of slots I might buy it off you laugh

#523812 04/04/05 02:54 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ok this might not be the place but im sure some of you are aware of my drama of getting the dam game.

Anyway I won it in an ebay action waited a month for it to show up. I emailed the guy and got an email back saying he mailed it when he got my money and will look into it. I waited a week and emailed again, No responce I have emailed twice since then , No responce.
I will now have to take it up with ebay (Bet they do nothing) but the problem is how do I even get in touch with them? I have looked all over the action page and can find no way of contacting ebay. I also havent left feedback do you think I should leave negative feedback at this point or would it just piuss him off he is one of these ebay shops with 328 feedbacks and a 99.4% rating so I dont think a bad feedback will damage him in anyway anyhow.

:polarboy:
#523813 04/04/05 03:25 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Been I while since I've had to do anything like that on eBay since most of my transactions have been positive and smooth. I think I would send one more email in which I let him know that I would leave negative feedback and be filing a complaint with eBay if he does not resolve the problem or refund your money within a specified amnount of time. I would also make sure that you have saved copies of all the communications you've sent so that you can provide them to eBay.

eBay won't get you your money back but they will ban the guy if this is something that he has done with others. If I recall, you can get to the correct place on eBay by following links to "Safe Harbor" or something like that.

Did you pay him through an online payment service like PayPal? If so, you might also contact them with your complaint PB. They could block his account until he resolves the issue. Also if you paid by credit card, I would dispute the charges through them. Then they will help to resolve it for you or refund the money to your account and backcharge him.

#523814 04/04/05 04:27 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Try this link PolarBoy. It goes to eBay's "Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described Process" page.

#523815 04/04/05 04:29 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Actually try this one instead. It goes to the same page but on eBay's Australian site.

#523816 04/04/05 04:44 PM
Leader
Leader
We'll miss you Scott -- it was good having one of the founders around. Guess that means Vee will have to make an LL alt now to add to his menagerie. smile

#523817 04/04/05 05:01 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
This is going to sound stupid, but what is City of Heroes and How and Where do I get it?

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#523818 04/05/05 03:33 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Viv, City of Heroes is a MMPRPG (Massive Multi Player Role Playing Game). It IS graphics intensive so be sure your computer meets the minimum requirements.

*Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
*Pentium 3 800 Mhz or AMD Anthlon 800 Mhz or better
*256 MB RAM
*DVD Rom drive
*2GB of available space on hard drive
*GeoForce 2 series or ATI Radeon 8500 series video card or better
*16 bit sound card
*56K modem or better
*Direct-X 9.0 (this comes with the program
*keyboard and mouse

Although 256 MB of RAM is the minimum, it would definitely be better if you had 512 or even more.

In order to play you have to do 2 things:

1) Buy the game and install it on your computer. It's available in most computer/electronics stores like CompUSA, Best Buys, etc or from online sources like Amazon.

Last time I looked the standard edition was selling for about $29.99. There is also a Collecotrs Edition that includes a HeroClix figure and some other stuff, but it sold for $49.99 and none of the extras are necessary although some are kind of neat, like the collector edition only power that lets you sort of sidewalk surf instead of run (with a neat graphic) but it's not necessary to get the more expensive edition.

2) You also need to establish an online game account at PlayNC (this is where the monthly fee comes in) You do get a free month of play when you purchase the game but you still need to establish the account.

You can get more info by going to the City of Heroes website

If you decide to join, be sure to let us know on this thread so we can look for you. There are 8 different servers to play on so I would start with Virtue servers since that is our most active Legion group.

Ask if you have any questions. It's a blast so I hope you decide to join us! laugh

#523819 04/05/05 01:56 PM
Active
Active
Sorry to hear about your troubles Polar Boy that sounds so frustrating.

I just realized something. I still haven't used my Valentine's serial number (my valentine flaked). I hear it still can be used to get the game, though you don't get the free trial period (meaning free software, but you have to start paying for access from the beginning).

I'm going to have to check on how do I find my serial number, since I deleted it after passing it on, but if I do and it works maybe we can get you into Paragon City after all.

#523820 04/05/05 03:43 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
I'd love to join, except for this, I'm a College student, that can't drive and doesn't have a job or finicial aide.

Originally posted by Vee:
Last time I looked the standard edition was selling for about $29.99.

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#523821 04/06/05 04:45 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Tas, Grev and Condo are on Virtue if anyone wants to join us.

#523822 04/07/05 01:03 PM
Active
Active
What time are people gathering tonight for Legion Night on Virtue?

#523823 04/08/05 03:59 AM
Leader
Leader
I'm sorry I missed you last night, DL. I logged on a bit after 8 EST and didn't see an SGers on, so I switched over to Infinity, where I ran into Lar Gand. Now that I see the writing under your Avatar, I realize I did see your name in the LSH thread. I don't know everyone's Global Chat handles yet, so I didn't say hi.

"Official" start time is 9 EST. That's usually when PSTers and MSTers have a better chance of logging on, but Vee and I usually get on around 7 or 8 EST.

#523824 04/11/05 01:18 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Thanks for the offer Lyle Lyle thats really nice but wouldn't I still need the software?

Anyway the guy emailed me back asking for the date of the paypal payment and my address so maybe it will be sorted soon.

#523825 04/11/05 01:35 AM
Deputy
Deputy
so whats been going on after the big snowmen dissapeared has something come along to rplace them?

#523826 04/11/05 11:25 AM
Leader
Leader
No big events since the Winter Lord. The developers have been pouring their resources into the big Issue 4 update, which will include new costume options (not enough, from what I've see on the test server -- I want as many partial nudity options for men as there are for women, kilts, flowing robes and wings!) and big arenas where players can go head to head in consensual battles.

Page 48 of 78 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,965
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
mechana
mechana
Canada
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star