Roll Call
0 members (), 21 Murran Spies, and 125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 06/07/24 08:00 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 06/07/24 07:59 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 06/07/24 07:53 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 06/07/24 07:52 PM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by stile86 - 06/07/24 07:48 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 06/07/24 06:17 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 49 of 78 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 77 78
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
#523827 04/11/05 06:54 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Unfortunately for me, the general consensus on
the Arena forum is that blasters in general
and AR Blasters in particular have a hard
time in the Arena ... so I doubt Blue will
be in very many fights ...

Star will be useless until such time as he
gets a pet ...

#523828 04/12/05 03:23 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
Unfortunately for me, the general consensus on

gets a pet ...
Blue, Condo's been in a number of arena duels. It is a challenge but he's far from useless. You just have to be aware of your limitations and not try to go head to head with a scrapper or tanker. Condo spends most of his time in the air, blasting away.

In team duels in particular, blasters can be very useful in taking out the controllers & defenders of the other team in order to allow your teammates to survive.

The arena is actually much more challenging than what we are accustomed to in regular CoH battles. It would be fun to try it with a Legion team.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#523829 04/12/05 07:20 AM
Active
Active
I've actually heard a few posters complain about blasters being hard to beat with that 30% guaranteed damage. Personally, my gripe is with tanks. I know taunt's bugged, but I don't like the interface overall. You try to attack someone and it just won't let you... it says "Taunted!" and you have to find the tanker that did it to you. I think a tanker with speed could do a lot more damage than a maz-heavy controller in the Arena by taunting foes and running so that opponents have to seek them out.

#523830 04/12/05 09:15 AM
Leader
Leader
Congrats on hitting 32, Lyle! Woo hoo! I can't wait to see your Phantasm in action.

Did you do the Bastion TF with a pick-up team? How is it? Condo and Grev need to do it soon.

#523831 04/12/05 12:17 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Congrats on hitting 32, Lyle! Woo hoo! I can't wait to see your Phantasm in action.

Did you do the Bastion TF with a pick-up team? How is it? Condo and Grev need to do it soon.
Yeah, started going batty and joined a Bastion team to get my Phants.

Bastion's okay. It's not particularly interesting, IMO. The maps are repetitive and that was made worse when we got the same spawn point over and over. You're preventing the council from building more robots which seems underwhelming after stopping Archon Brucker. (There's a later mini-story arc that's more interesting, too, where some council robots gain sentinence.)

Wow, what a power boost. PL's now running around at Unyielding! Those Phants are powerful!

Now... let me at those AVs.

#523832 04/12/05 02:52 PM
Leader
Leader
How quick a recharge is it with Hasten? Can you get more than one going at a time with just one enhancement, or is that something to look forward to?

#523833 04/12/05 03:53 PM
Active
Active
How quick a recharge is it with Hasten? Can you get more than one going at a time with just one enhancement, or is that something to look forward to?
The recharge is fairly quick... a little shorter than PA with hasten and three recharge reduction slots. I can get two Phants out for a decent period of time and can run around with two phants and a PA.

Phantasms have a really cool power... they can make decoys, so you could end up with a small army if the battle goes on long enough.

#523834 04/12/05 04:34 PM
Leader
Leader
Wowsers!

OK, time to do some work on Princess! Oh, wait, Grev gets his own pet soon. Decisions, decisions!!

#523835 04/12/05 07:47 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That sounds really cool! Can't wait to see him

#523836 04/13/05 10:48 AM
Active
Active
I can't wait, either... now I just have to relearn teaming.

#523837 04/13/05 01:13 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
10 page preview for Mark Waid's CoH comic up at Newsarama.

#523838 04/13/05 01:20 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
My thoughts on the new book? Eh. I can take it or leave it. I know it is only 10 pages but it didn't catch me at all.

I know its been awhile since I played the game but since when was archery and bow & arrow a power choice?

#523839 04/13/05 02:54 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Vee:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
[b]Unfortunately for me, the general consensus on

gets a pet ...
Blue, Condo's been in a number of arena duels. It is a challenge but he's far from useless. You just have to be aware of your limitations and not try to go head to head with a scrapper or tanker. Condo spends most of his time in the air, blasting away.

In team duels in particular, blasters can be very useful in taking out the controllers & defenders of the other team in order to allow your teammates to survive.

The arena is actually much more challenging than what we are accustomed to in regular CoH battles. It would be fun to try it with a Legion team. [/b]
Blue's not an energy blaster, he's an AR, Vee. In
the 40s you'll begin to run into people who have
Epic powers ... and apparently, Scrappers with
eye beams get a critical hit with their eyebeams.
Then too the Regen Scrappers rate at that level
is simply outstanding.

I'm not saying it's impossible for a blaster to
be effective in the arena, but from what I've
been reading it's not a lot of fun at Blue's
level to go one on one. For example,one of the
things that Scrappers get in their Epic power
set aside from energy beams is a hold ... I've
seen a level 47 Scrapper hold probably a handful
of baddies with one of Grev's dark holds almost
as well as Grev can.

As I said, it's not that I think it's impossible,
but I don't think I'm going to enjoy it that much
with Blue.

#523840 04/13/05 03:00 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
My thoughts on the new book? Eh. I can take it or leave it. I know it is only 10 pages but it didn't catch me at all.

I know its been awhile since I played the game but since when was archery and bow & arrow a power choice?
It's one of the things that's coming. I want to
try the pistol scrapper myself. 8-)

#523841 04/15/05 10:27 AM
Active
Active
Wowsers!

OK, time to do some work on Princess! Oh, wait, Grev gets his own pet soon. Decisions, decisions!!
Here's a couple binds for the Princess:

/bind lshift+lmouse "powexec_name Phantasm"
/bind lctrl+lmouse "powexec_name Phantom Army"

Basically hold the shift key (on the left side of the keyboard) and click to set off a phantasm and hold Ctrl (on the left side of the keyboard) and click to set off PA.

Whooo-hoo! Hit 33 last night and now have Phantasm quad-slotted. I can just barely get a third one but with their extra damage I'm okay with solo missions set to invincible. Invincible! I'm curious if I can manage invincible when I'm on a team. I'm loving outdoor missions since there's no downtime whenever I see elevators.

('course I realize I'll be tenacious again if I hit 40.)

After you guys do Bastion, maybe we can see if Prism can pump up other Legionnaires' XP. I'm gonna have to do a lot of hunting based on the XP I'm getting... at 33 and a bubble I'm halfway through 2 and a half of the tier's five story arcs.

#523842 04/15/05 12:17 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Just saw this posted by Statesman on the CoH boards (in Dev. Digest)

"Couple of changes we're making in I5:

1) Instead of the first five levels being debt free, the first TEN levels will be debt free.

2) XP debt will be halved on mission maps (that includes outdoor mission maps, too). "

Of course we still haven't gotten I4 live so it will be a while.

#523843 04/15/05 12:46 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
Here's a couple binds for the Princess:

/bind lshift+lmouse "powexec_name Phantasm"
/bind lctrl+lmouse "powexec_name Phantom Army"

Basically hold the shift key (on the left side of the keyboard) and click to set off a phantasm and hold Ctrl (on the left side of the keyboard) and click to set off PA.

Whooo-hoo! Hit 33 last night and now have Phantasm quad-slotted. I can just barely get a third one but with their extra damage I'm okay with solo missions set to invincible. Invincible! I'm curious if I can manage invincible when I'm on a team. I'm loving outdoor missions since there's no downtime whenever I see elevators.

('course I realize I'll be tenacious again if I hit 40.)

After you guys do Bastion, maybe we can see if Prism can pump up other Legionnaires' XP. I'm gonna have to do a lot of hunting based on the XP I'm getting... at 33 and a bubble I'm halfway through 2 and a half of the tier's five story arcs.
Thanks for the binds. I'll definitely set one up for Grev's Dark Servant. I was wondering when people ask if you've named your pet if you really get to name it or if it's just something you do with your friends. For Grev's, I'm thinking Pooky.

Grats again on hitting 33! Grev went through half a bubble on that mish and is now just one away from 32. And just when he reaches it (during Bastion), he'll be taking a break for a week (while I got to a conference in Hollywood). Maybe I can get Mike to play him a bit so he doesn't fall completely behind.

Speaking of Bastion, how does Sunday afternoon sound? I'm kinda swamped Saturday getting ready for the trip, and Mike has a special goodbye dinner planned for Sunday night. Let's say 2 p.m. EST?

#523844 04/15/05 02:36 PM
Active
Active
Thanks for the binds. I'll definitely set one up for Grev's Dark Servant. I was wondering when people ask if you've named your pet if you really get to name it or if it's just something you do with your friends. For Grev's, I'm thinking Pooky.
It's just an RP thing, no chance in the game. I'm thinking I'll call them Chuck, Linus, Franklin and Rerun. (I don't want to type out piano guy's name.)

Grats again on hitting 33! Grev went through half a bubble on that mish and is now just one away from 32. And just when he reaches it (during Bastion), he'll be taking a break for a week (while I got to a conference in Hollywood). Maybe I can get Mike to play him a bit so he doesn't fall completely behind.
Eh, we can play catch up the next weekend after you return. If PL can get through a four-person mission on invincible, he can help pull in a ton of XP for lower level characters... and between you and Vee we've got two good bridges for powerlevelling the team.

#523845 04/17/05 10:13 PM
Active
Active
Wow, great time today guys! Thanks! I can't believe how long that last mission took. Drake is less than a bub from 13. He started the day at 9, so he's moving up nicely.
Thanks again!

#523846 04/18/05 03:03 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That was the mission from hell wasn't it? Some of the most intense fighting I've experienced on CoH ever. WHo knew that plants and rocks to be so tough? laugh

I had a great time yesterday. Thanks for the fun team everyone!

#523847 04/18/05 05:28 AM
Active
Active
There had to be at least a couple hundred baddies in that mission. It just went on and on and.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. It was definitely the most frustrating and at the same time challenging mission I have ever done in CoH. After dying like 7 or 8 times (thanks 88 for all the rez's!!) I left the mission with 6 bubbbles to the good, and still have about 67k debt to work off. Honestly, if I had been with any other team except the Legion, I would have bailed after about death number 3. But, we all hung in there and it worked out in the end. And I'm glad Director Lad had fun leveling so quickly. I know I have gotten a big kick from moving through levels fast. All I can say is next time something like Winter Lord Event is offered, I am going to spend every minute I can taking advantage of it for my characters. That opportunity ruled, and I had skipped it until about the last 5 days of the event. Anyway, Long Live the (CoH) Legion!!

#523848 04/18/05 09:00 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
There is one huge drawback to powerleveling, either through events like the Winter Lord or regularing PLing. You outlevel all your low level contacts so you have no one in Atlas/Galaxy, Kings Row and probably Steel Canyon (maybe even Skyway City depending on how much you PL) that will sell you inspirations. Believe it or not this can become a real problem.

The other aspect of this is that you start out with very few contacts all around. Since you never get to the point of developing a relationship with any of them, they don't introduce you to more than one friend (when they tell you that you have outleveled them) so you end up with only one or two contacts in the higher level zones (Talos & IP) and have a hard time finding someone that will sell you the offbeat enhancements in your origin, like endurance recovery or taunt, etc which are not available in the stores.

I ran into this with Mon and a few others and it takes quite a while to get back on track.

(But I would do it all over again with my lowbies laugh )

#523849 04/18/05 10:08 AM
Active
Active
Prism is always willing to do a bit of small-scale PL'ing. Solo missions on Invincible don't spawn big enough mobs for my taste and a couple of low level characters help out quite a bit.

'course equal-level teams are also very welcome.

#523850 04/18/05 12:10 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Oh, forgot to mention that Grev, Condo, and Sunboy did Bastion yesterday afternoon. We had just begun looking for additional members wehn we ran in to aanother group putting together a TF team. Decided to join forces and it turned out to be an awesome (and very fun) team.

Pick up teams can often times be challenging and there usually seemes to be at least one idiot so I rarely enjoy them much. This team however was a great deal of fun to be with. I got the impression that at least 3 of them were family members, the fourth was Canadian and the 5th was from Sweden.

We had a rollicking good time, joking around and teasing each other and still managed to complete the TF in under 3 hours! During the TF, Grev reached lvl 32 and got his Dark Servant Pet! (way cool!) Condo should have reached lvl 32 as well on the last mission but he died about halfway through the last mish when a Council M4 Warbot (big, hulking robot tank) caught Condo by surprise so he came up short by 1500 points of leveling.

After the TF, I hooked up with Prism and we hunted in Crey for a bit. Knocked off the debt in no time and leveled to 32 quickly. Prism's Phantasm is amazing! (as some of you saw last night) Condo and Prism finished off by taking down a lvl 39 Crey lieut (Prism mistakenly thought it was a lvl 36 when he first attacked.) Took us about 10 minutes but we did manage to "arrest" him.

Soon after this Tas, logged on...then Scottybones with 88...then Ulkesh and finally Ferric Boy and we had an impromptu Legion night under way! laugh

#523851 04/19/05 02:22 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Do any of you have someone on Virtue with the Fortune Teller mission? (Spelunker badge mish) I just discovered that even though Condo did that mish way back when, he didn't receive the badge when they were started (just like he didn't receive the Positron badge of the Cave of Trancendence)

In order to get the Atlas Medallion & it's 5% increase in endurance, you need SPelunker and it chafes me that people are now CHARGING you to join their Spelunker team! (Didn't mind when people were OFERING to pay in order to join but to demand payment from a higher level hero really grinds my gears! mad )

In any case, if any of you do have the mish, please let me know, I'd really like to get it done.

Page 49 of 78 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,965
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
mechana
mechana
Canada
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star