Roll Call
1 members (Sarcasm Kid), 28 Murran Spies, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 05/28/24 12:44 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/28/24 12:39 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/28/24 03:08 AM
R.I.P. Rachel Pollack
by Ann Hebistand - 05/27/24 04:12 PM
DC Pride 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 05/27/24 04:11 PM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by thoth lad - 05/27/24 12:23 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 08:57 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RAZORWIRE 26 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/27/24 12:58 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 55 of 78 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 77 78
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
#523977 07/11/05 11:02 AM
Leader
Leader
You sure the information on those temp powers wasn't originally posted on April 1? They just sound so ... silly. The bat would be nice as an emote, though, so you can hit a player as you yell, "QUIT AGGROING ALL THE GROUPS!"

And both those power sets for archery sound much more controller than defender. I wonder how it will all work out.

#523978 07/11/05 12:53 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It actually came from a COH related website called the 5th Column. The author seems knoweldgable about everything else and seems to be pulling the info from the patches that are downloaded. These are already in the system but have not been activated.

I thought the same thing about them and it's certainly possible that they were inteded to be for an April Fools event that never happened.

But I sure would love to have that bat on some pick up teams! laugh

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#523979 07/11/05 02:39 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I don't see how they can't see that stamina is a
mandatory power. As quickly as you can go through
attacks at the upper levels, you'd be out of juice
in no time flat if you didn't have stamina.

As for hasten ... I resisted taking it for the
longest time on any of my toons because I didn't
want to have a cookie cutter build, but I do have
to admit that it's come in real handy with my
level 36 healer ... the extra juice you can keep
in heals without a recharge and the fact that
hasten tends to offset somewhat the slower
recharge effects of some enemy attacks make it
irresistable for a healer, I think.

It's sad that you have two out of your 4 pool
powers already taken by necessary choices,
though.

#523980 07/13/05 07:05 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Perhaps they should make Stamina and Hasten Inherent powers that you earn by attaining certain levels, just like you get heal at level 2 when you exit Outbreak. Hasten could be attained at 10 and Stamina at 14.

#523981 07/13/05 04:18 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Did you guys see that the autoexemp for
TFS just went live?

#523982 07/14/05 08:32 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yeah that was yesterday's patch. Maybe Condo and Mighty Mon can go back and do Positron now without haven't to worry about LCing and getting dropped from the team.

I also noticed for the fisrt time that they have a "Coming in August 2005" blurb on the feaures update page for Issue 5, so it looks like that's at least a few weeks away yet. Probably see it go to test server in a week or so.

#523983 07/15/05 09:05 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Just popped over the the CoH boards. Looks like Issue 5 has been uploaded to the test server.

Haven't had a chance yet to read about all the changes but it sure sounds like tankers and scrappers have a taken a BIG hit to their defenses! frown

#523984 07/15/05 01:33 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wow! Spent most of the afternoon reading threads about all the changes in I5 that are being tested on the training room server. If all go live,CoH will be very different when it comes to teaming and soloing.

I would encourage everyone to go read the numerous threads on the "Training Room" forum at the CoH boards. The chages are too numerous for me to list.

#523985 07/15/05 01:38 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
PS: With all the changes, I can't see how they could release Issue 5 and NOT give out a free respec. Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE will need to respec in order to rearrange slots if not select a new set of powers. So start considering what you may or may not want to change.

#523986 07/15/05 03:06 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I don't know if you all heard the bigger news but Marvel has combined forces with Microsoft to bring their MMORPG to life finally. And it will also be playable through the new XBox 360.

Could be that this will be the big competition that will resolve the lawsuit. I know I would be more interested again if I could play a CoH similar game but on a console and not have to be online to play.

#523987 07/16/05 09:07 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I just played around a bit on test ...

Anyone who doesn't have hasten now is going to
regret it if they don't take it. I used Blue's
full auto once and it seemed to take much longer
to recharge ... and given that AOEs will now
affect no more than 16 baddies at a time that's
not good.

And that hacks me off. Unique builds are
constantly getting screwed over in COH ...

The archery and sonic sets are kind of fun, but
when you add in all the nerfs they're planning
this time, I'm thinking the Devs may be reaching
the point where they may finally be cutting their
throats ... the Controllers seem to be absolutely
furious with the changes ... blasters get a bit
of a boost with defiance, but I don't think there
are as many blasters around as there used to be,
at least on the upper levels on Triumph.

#523988 07/17/05 04:10 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yeah, I spent some time playing around on test also. I've been a fan of Hasten right from the start and don't have a single char without it but I agree with Blue, it's pretty much mandatory now.

Poor Prism and Grev and 88 are going to be limited to one pet at a time as of Issue 5 so we will no longer get to see Pookette or Pookeena in game (unless Pooky agrees to share time with them) or Peebles and Bam Bam (some thing with Rocky). Sounds like the only controllers that will be able to summon more than one pet will be Fire Controllers (who will summon 3 Imps at a time). Illusion controllers will also summon 3 Phantom Armymembers at a time.

Archery and Sonic are quite fun BUT....

Archery blasters have no logical secondary. There is no Archery secondary for them. Best combo will likely be Devices I guess.

Archery Defenders will be much cooler, they have a n Archery balst secondry and a Trick Arrow primary! laugh Lots of fun with entagling arrows (like web grenade) and explosive arrows, etc.

Sonic is a lot of fun but seems overpowered. I'll be surprised if they don't nerf this set before going to the Live servers.

A gripe I have for the defender Sonic set...NO heal! This seems very much like Force Field with the animations changed. But it is very cool. laugh

Got some names reserved on live servers already to make new chars with them laugh

#523989 07/17/05 05:43 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Croatoa is VERY neat!

Red Caps look like evil dwarves; Tuathan are Werewolves, but not the same as Council War Wolves; Cabal are the witches from Halloween event; Fir Bogs are the Pumpkin head from that event also. Ghosts are just like those on the ghost ship. I heard mention of trolls that throw people at you and then explode but didn't see any.

All in all looks like a very cool zone. War Witch (from the original comic book series is the trainer for the zone. She's on the north island, sitting in a yoga position and floating in mid air laugh

BTW: Cabal Sprites (underlings) give endurance buffs while you are near like the blue crystals in Oranbega, probably some green sprites around also but I only saw blue.

#523990 07/17/05 07:07 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Hm.

I'm going to head back and find War Witch. Isn't
she too low for Croatia though? 8-) (Apex was
revealed to be a level 15 scrapper at the end
of the first series...)

#523991 07/17/05 11:15 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Woot!

The good news is that Condo hit lvl 40! laugh

The bad news is that Condo got roped into trying the Eden Trial this morning and ended up with 300K in debt AND then the team decided we couldn't complete it because the mind controller with TP and healer decided to quit. frown

Needless to say Condo will be seeking help to work off all that debt.

#523992 07/18/05 05:07 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Hi, guys.

Last night I discovered the bad part about the
new autoexemp process for TFs. A side effect you
might say.

I was doing Synapse as a level 20, and when I hit
21 I was automatically exemped, so I got no more
XP from that point on ... and no SO at the end.
8-(

#523993 07/18/05 02:32 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
When you purchase COH, do you have to have the internet, is there anything you can do without a time card, i.e. can you create characters and test them out on your own, or do you need to have a time card to do everything?

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#523994 07/18/05 03:51 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You have to be connected to the game with a time card or monthly subscription. The character generator is on the CoH servers not on your computer.

#523995 07/18/05 08:13 PM
Deputy
Deputy
GRrr...

Just when I think the Devs have reached the
limit...

They're nerfing EVERYTHING, guys.

I just found out that pool powers are taking
a hit too. Hasten is losing ALL defense buff,
all the others including hover and stealth are
losing some ... and that includes the ancillary
pools ... my tiny little defense from body
armor is going down too... 8-(

I am so mad right now...

If it weren't for the friends I'd made in this
game, I'd leave right now and dance a jig on the
grave of COH when the developers finally bury
its nerfed carcass.

#523996 07/19/05 08:24 AM
Leader
Leader
Heh -- Prism was wondering why we didn't see Statesman at the convention.

Turns out he was organizing this nasty update while so many players would be trapped at Comic-Con. Bastard. smile When my hubby told me it had gone live, he told me not to find an Internet connection and look up the changes because I would feel a punch in the gut. He wanted me to just enjoy myself at the con.

Well, we peeked anyway. smile I guess I'll live. It's playing with you guys that keeps me going.

I'll probably be hopping on later today to check out the nerfs. (I took an extra buffer day off work.) Mike took me on a tour of Croatoa last night. It looks pretty cool. I like the baddy designs.

I'll miss having three Pookies out, though. What good is increasing mob XP if I die more frequently because I don't have enough Pookies to keep the mobs under control while I slowly pick off baddies with my measly blast powers? Grr.

#523997 07/20/05 03:11 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thought I would copy this from the CoH Forums over here since I suspect it will "disappear" from there before very long. It's both hilariuous and sadly true. This was posted by a player named He_Who_Watches (Have to wonder if this is, in fact, our own He Who Wanders.)

-------------------------------

From the Desk of Statesman:

As we are caught in a deluge of “Never Intended” “Not in the Original Plan” “Moving it in line with the Original Vision” and “Belated Bug Fix” it occurs to us that these are just nice ways of saying the same thing:
“Sorry, we [censored] up.”

Yep, we’ve made a lot of mistakes over the past year, but we have decided that our players are smart and mature enough to handle the truth, so we are going to level with you.

So enjoy Issue 5: “Sorry, we [censored] up”

Controller AoE Holds, Disorients and Sleeps (and a few others like Quicksand and Ice Slick) recharge times have been doubled and duration cut in half. AoE Immobilize and Phase Shift powers were not affected. Volcanic Gasses duration was not affected.

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” We never intended for Controllers to actually be able to use their powers this effectively. The idea of disabling a mob’s ability to fight back is unfun and against the original vision. In retrospect, it seems kind of odd to have designed an AT whose whole point is to lock things down thus making the game unfun. Huh. Odd.

Controller Pets (and Defender/Dark Miasma/Dark Servant) can no longer stack. That is, casting these summon powers before your pet has expired will remove the old pets and spawn new ones.

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” We didn’t realize that players would realize how to multicast a power whose Duration=Recharge and accepted Recharge Enhancers, and never foresaw the effectiveness of doing so. Now that we have had 14 months to observe just how disastrous these mutli-pets are, we have to limit them

Set a maximum number of targets that can be affected by most offensive powers:
AoE Debuffs, Ranged cones, and Melee AoE (PBAoE) are set to 10.
Some Large PBAoE (like Nova) are set to 16.
Melee Cones are set to 5.
Ranged AoE damage powers are set to 16.
Taunts (including Tanker inherent Taunt - 'PunchVoke') is set to 5.
Buffs are unaffected.

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” We didn’t plan for 4 trillion mobs to be in your AoEs and can’t be bothered to solve the real problem, which is that there are that many mobs in the area via herding, so we took the easy way out and just screwed the AoEs. It all works out in the end right? What continuation of herding? What mob stacking? What single target tanker attacks hitting multiple foes?
This is not the Dev you are looking for…

Slightly reduced the non-enhanceable health regeneration buff of Regeneration/Integration.

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” Recovering Health is too powerful for /Regen. They are the only set that can be in a situation where they can never be killed. Either the mobs does more damage than their regen and they die, or they live forever. This binary state is unfun, and unfair to the other players, so we are fixing this. Hell we would remove the whole set, but it’s too late for that now.

Changed Regeneration/Instant Healing from a Toggle Power to a Click power. Gave it a new animation so it activates faster.
With almost unlimited Health Regeneration, this power was always intended to be used sparingly. The high Endurance cost was intended to accomplish this, but in the end, only lead to frustrations of running out of Endurance. As a click with a long recharge, its Endurance cost can remain low, and its Regeneration boost can stay high.

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” We didn’t realize that by changing IH to a toggle in Beta, then changing so the power was allowed to take End Reducers and giving them access to both Quick Recovery and Stamina would imply that we actually wanted people to use it. Our bad.

Fixed Ice Armor/Energy Absorption so it no longer grants less Endurance and Slow protection if used against a higher level foe.

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” One of these days the Q/A team will catch these obvious bugs and we won’t look so foolish for employing them. Go-Go Gadget QA Team

Increased Super Reflexes/Evasion Defense buff.
Yeah, trust me. This one will throw you when you get to the end.

Reduced Dark Armor/Cloak of Fear’s Accuracy Debuff.

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” We never intended for /DA to have useful powers. It’s been rectified and will never happen again. You have our word.

Increased the recharge time and decreased the duration of Pool/Presence/Intimidate. It only affects Lieutenants on a Critical.
Originally, the recharge and duration of this power were balanced against the old Fear effect (run away). Fear is now more of a control power and much more effective (targets are essentially Held). As such the old recharge time and duration were too powerful.
Reduced Duration on Dark Miasma/Fearsome Stare. Increased its recharge time.
Originally, the recharge and duration of this power were balanced against the old Fear effect (run away). Fear is now more of a control power and much more effective (targets are essentially Held). As such the old recharge time and duration were too powerful.

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” We forgot to fix it the first time around. Actually going over powers after we change them is the job of the Q/A team. They’re good people though, so we cut them some slack; they find this things eventually. But better late than never, eh?

Reduced Duration on Dark Miasma/Petrifying Gaze and increased its recharge time. (Dark Servant version as well.)
This power was stronger than most Controller Hold powers, and thus too powerful for a Defender power.

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” It never occurred to us before that giving defenders a better hold than controllers would be a problem. You think that would have been brought up when the powers was designed and coded, but apparently not. Oh well, live and learn, right?

Added an f/x to Regeneration/Moment of Glory when it expires to indicate your Regeneration is debuffed (this is a visual f/x change only).

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” We didn’t realize that people like to know about impending doom. We thought the whole “Surprise, you’re dead” thing was more fun.

Removed Debuff Defense Enhancements from Spines/Impale (this powers does not debuff Defense, so Debuff Defense Enhancements were not doing anything).
Bug Fix
Removed Range Enhancements from Spines/Spine Burst (this powers is a PBAoE and has no 'range' to increase, so Range Enhancements were not doing anything).
Bug Fix.
Fixed Warshade Stygian Circle so it no longer gives you less Endurance when you drain and enemy that is higher level than you. Also, it no longer accepts Accuracy Enhancements (they were unnecessary because Stygian Circle is an auto-hit power).

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” We never thought to check over the powers to make sure the accepted enhancers did anything. I mean, why would we?

Powers - Global Defense Decrease

Translation: “Sorry, we [censored] up.” Big time. Repeatedly. Apparently when the end product is nothing like the vision, you made some mistakes along that way. We’re are strong enough to admit that. Our development was flawed, the vision was lost/abandoned. But it’s cool now. We know what we want to do, so Vision, here we come. (We promise to get it right this time). You no longer have to fear the Nerf Bat.

Except Regen. I think I just saw one of your health bars go up without a Defender around. You are being “looked at”. Don’t worry though; it’ll just be “a small tweak”

#523998 07/26/05 06:41 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Grats to Prism for reaching 50!!!!!

cheers

#523999 07/27/05 07:05 AM
Active
Active
Thanks!

I've copied PL pre-Tyrant to test, BTW so once Condo and Grev level up a bit (and bring on SKs) we can form a team to team up with Statesman!

I did a little bit of testing and PL almost managed to solo Neuron... and I think he would have suceeded on a different map. (I was in that multi-level control room with all the ledges and engines.) And I had only switched out one of Phantasm's slots.

Short version, this is another missed nerf. Illusion is still powerful and Mind Control is even more borked. (Blue, have you tested Star out yet?) Soloing greens with my MC was a little faster but it still felt like a game of watching the buttons reload. Yawn.

#524000 07/27/05 07:06 AM
Active
Active
Oh, and PL still hasn't done any of the big team events after Numina. (Eden, Sewers, respecs). With auto-exemp, I'd be into starting a team there...

#524001 07/27/05 08:17 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
Oh, and PL still hasn't done any of the big team events after Numina. (Eden, Sewers, respecs). With auto-exemp, I'd be into starting a team there...
Great idea about copying him over onto test! That would be alot of fun. laugh

I would also enjoy doing the TFs and trials with our own team. Don't think I would dare try again with a pick up team. shake

Page 55 of 78 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,744
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Trickster74
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star