Roll Call
0 members (), 28 Murran Spies, and 122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Pattern Recognition
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/08/24 02:10 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/08/24 02:09 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/08/24 02:09 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/08/24 02:01 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/08/24 01:55 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/08/24 01:52 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 60 of 78 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 77 78
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
#524102 10/17/05 06:33 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hell, I was on TR1 all weekend with Kingmaker (MM w/mercenaries). I could play there just fine without all the issues I've been having on the main TR.

Then today TR1 was still there but all greyed out. frown

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#524103 10/17/05 07:04 PM
Active
Active
Holy...!

I'm d/l'ing the CoV beta. It says it's a 1.7gig file that will take over 8 hours to load!

#524104 10/17/05 07:09 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
TR1 was there the first 20 minutes or so but then they shut beta down and never brought it back up. And the lag on the regular training room is so bad it just wasn't worth it. Seems there were no major problems this weekend but today we were back to the same old crap.

#524105 10/17/05 07:10 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Director Lad:
Holy...!

I'm d/l'ing the CoV beta. It says it's a 1.7gig file that will take over 8 hours to load!
Did you just patch it to a copy of the Test Room (which is a copy of the regular CoH) or are you just downloading the whole thing? If you just copy the CoH files over you shouldn't have that long a download.

#524106 10/17/05 07:14 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Director Lad:
Holy...!

Yep, I know the feeling. Took me two days to get it downloaded and running. (Hate to tell you but after the download, you'll still have a t least one patch to deal with most likely! frown )

At least it's up 24/7 now so it may not be quite as bad for you. I spent an entire night downloading; waited until 8 PM the next night to log in (there were limited hours until today) only to discover that there was a patch to download which took another 4 hours for me (another lost night since beta was only available for 3 hours each night at the time.

#524107 10/17/05 07:19 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Hate to say this but the beta is still only 3 hours a night. The extra time was just the stress test for this weekend. As of today we are back to 3 hours.

#524108 10/17/05 07:25 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I beg to differ Scott, read the CoV boards for the following annoucement.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pages: 1
Alexa
City of Villains Online Community Coordinator

Reged: 07/28/05

Expanded Server Hours!
#229516 - 10/17/05 04:23 PM
Edit Reply Quote

Attention Villains!

We will activate the beta server tonight at the usual time (6pm Central, 4pm Pacific, 7pm Eastern). However, instead of shutting it down after three hours, we will leave it up indefinitely.

So, for those of you who have been wondering when we will move to 24/7 access, the day has arrived! Keep in mind that this is still beta, however, so there will be times when we need to bring things down temporarily to apply patches or to perform maintenance. Otherwise, our goal is to have the server available as much as possible until the end of beta.

Yours in villainy,
Alexa

#524109 10/17/05 07:27 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Thanks Vee. I've been trying to get into the CoV boards all day with no luck. They just keep trying to load but nothing ever comes up. I just figured they were down while they were compiling all the new data.

#524110 10/17/05 07:35 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
NP, Scott. Of course, only the main TR was up when I was on early this evening. The lag wasn't too bad (possibly becasue I had just had the memory boosted from 512 to I024 on my laptop) but after about 10 minutes of playing, my screen went completely black and I haven't been able to get anything up an running on it since...just that damn completely black screen...not after rebooting, removing the battery & rebooting with power cord attached, unplugging the power cord and reconnecting it & rebooting...nothing. Just a black screen. (This is a month old lap top BTW! mad

Spent two hours at Best Buy with the Geek Squad today after work having the new chips installed and I'm afraid I'll be back there again tomorrow trying to find out what happened

Black screens are not pretty on a computer. frown

#524111 10/17/05 07:49 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
When that happened on Caroline's desktop (only 6 months old at the time) it was because of the motherboard and a power surge. Didn't matter that the PC is plugged into two different surge protectors. And it was CoH that was running at that time too.

#524112 10/18/05 04:21 AM
Leader
Leader
Your villain was mad at you for not playing him, so he got back at you, Vee. He's a villain, so it really doesn't matter that it wasn't your fault. smile

I hopped on to CoV after CoH went down, but I was rubberbanding so badly, I gave up.

And, Director Lad, that's great news (that you'll be on, not that it's taking a day to download CoV). Happy birthday!

Edit: Woo hoo! 100th page!

#524113 10/18/05 06:54 AM
Active
Active
I decided to stop the d/l last night once the CoH servers came back up. I started it again this morning just before work. I won't be home til 8:30 tonight, so we'll see if that's enough time.

#524114 10/18/05 03:49 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Actually I think it is a ruse to make us all play the CoV beta during testing hours. Except they took away access to Training Room 1 where I was having fun playing Bub (a no-prize to anyone who know's where I got that name), my zombie mastermind.
Oh I saw that movie this weekend...

Day of the Dead...

#524115 10/18/05 09:36 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
That's the one Blue. I love Romero's original movies, my favorite horror movies of all time. Bub's first zombie is called Romero.

Did anyone else get the issue 6 download tonight? I hung around to respec Garth and when I logged out the "Along Came A Spider" expansion started downloading. Is this the one that'll bring the ED in?

#524116 10/19/05 12:15 AM
Active
Active
I fell out of the game for a little while after the "Enhancement Diversity" announcement (side snipe -- where's the diversity, I still can't enhance my sonic blaster for better Damage Resistance Debuffs) but I'm starting to feel the pull back.

It looks like I've given in and started playing my mastermind, Dr. Oda most... tho I did enjoy playing with my new Ice/Ice dominator too.

So what's everyone favorite CoV class. Masterminds still sound the coolest, but I'm feeling the most drawn to Dominators.

#524117 10/19/05 04:39 AM
Leader
Leader
We were just mentioning last night how we haven't seen you in a while, Crocolyle.

My main toon is Flora Fiend, a plant/plant corruptor. He started the Friends of Evil SG. He was the only one high enough to benefit from the level bump and is now 23. Not high enough for his Audrey II, though.

And it seems they've listened to their female/gay male fan base and have added options for male sexiness/near nudity to match the women. No kilts yet, but those zombie shorts are barely there, and if you're using the athletic build, you can't even tell the leg's supposed to be emaciated. I've got a sonic/rad corruptor named Loudspeaker wearing just those. wink

#524118 10/19/05 05:03 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I think that I6 is the one that will bring
in Enhancement Destruction. From the title,
I think it's going to make COH compatible
with COV when it's released...

#524119 10/19/05 07:04 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hi Lyle. We've missed you!

With Condo & Lyle at 50 and Grev at 46 and climbing we could do some major PLing for Tas, Garth, Doc and others.

Re CoV: On the main Training Room, so far I have a lvl 6ish Stalker (Nemesystem, my Nemesis homage); a lvl 7 or 8 ish Zombie Mastermind w/ dark powers, Lord Mordreu who has two zombies now (Pathos & Abyssmal); and I also have Sarya of Venegar (Dominator) and Garridian (Brute) that haven't made it out of Breakout yet. I also made Kid Chlorophyll (Plant Control/Thorns Dominator) who will turn good as soon as I can figure out how to do that & Kingmaker, a mercenary Mastermind with Poison secondary on Training Room 1 over the weekend because it was playing MUCH smoother for me with no LC issues. Of course, that room hasen't been available since then frown

Masterminds are neat to play and I particularly enjoy Kingmaker (though I really wish you could customize your pets some ~ at least colors. After all every Supervillain with underling has a motiff they all follow laugh ). I think I will enjoy Stalkers and Dominators as well. Haven't played Garridian (my brute) yet but I hear everyone raving about the AT, and I don't have a Corruptor figured out yet.

#524120 10/19/05 07:09 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Did Garth & Tas both level last night, Scott? Hope so, you were both so veeeeery close when I had to log for the night.

#524121 10/19/05 08:16 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Sure did Vee. Doc hung around for a mish he had in Perez and XS Ive joined us. Everyone died at least once but I think for the most part we cleared out the debt and both Tas and Garth leveled. I also took the time and did Garth's respec so he's a bit more like Gung now except I kept the flight whereas Gung is all superspeed. I think he'll play pretty good, better than he has.

As for CoV my favorite there now is Gungnir (hmm, sounds familiar smile ). He's an ice/ice Dominator (I think Dominator, haven't learned the new 'disciplines' yet). I've managed to get him up to a 13 so far. Blue was right when he said ice/ice can kick nass. He's already gotten his HQ set up but I still can't figure out what to do with all the salvage he's gotten. And I haven't decided if he's Gung's twin turned evil because of his accident or if he's an alternate universe version.

I do have a couple of other characters (a plant girl named Bell A. Donna which some of you have met) and an evil Thom, but he's on Caroline's account. I really wish they'd open up TR1 again so I could play Bub. I got him to 6 already and am anxious to figure out how to get more than 1 zombie at a time and learn the macros to change what he says.

#524122 10/19/05 08:44 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Sure did Vee. Doc hung around for a mish he had in Perez and XS Ive joined us. Everyone died at least once but I think for the most part we cleared out the debt and both Tas and Garth leveled. I also took the time and did Garth's respec so he's a bit more like Gung now except I kept the flight whereas Gung is all superspeed. I think he'll play pretty good, better than he has.
Well congrats to both! Looking forward to teaming with the rebooted Garth (would that mean he's Proty or Jarth? laugh

I really wish they'd open up TR1 again so I could play Bub. I got him to 6 already and am anxious to figure out how to get more than 1 zombie at a time and learn the macros to change what he says.
Having more than one is very cool. You relaly need to watch them though, they can get pretty frisky. Thank god for the "Heel" button laugh

#524123 10/19/05 08:55 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Vee:
[b]Sure did Vee. Doc hung around for a mish he had in Perez and XS Ive joined us. Everyone died at least once but I think for the most part we cleared out the debt and both Tas and Garth leveled. I also took the time and did Garth's respec so he's a bit more like Gung now except I kept the flight whereas Gung is all superspeed. I think he'll play pretty good, better than he has.
Well congrats to both! Looking forward to teaming with the rebooted Garth (would that mean he's Proty or Jarth? laugh [/b]
Call him either and he'll kick your butt. wink

Originally posted by Vee:
[b] I really wish they'd open up TR1 again so I could play Bub. I got him to 6 already and am anxious to figure out how to get more than 1 zombie at a time and learn the macros to change what he says.
Having more than one is very cool. You relaly need to watch them though, they can get pretty frisky. Thank god for the "Heel" button laugh [/b]
So do you get the extra 'pets' with levels or is there a trick to it? I have either 2 or 3 slotted now but he can only call one at a time. And the Heel is why I want to learn the keybinds that some people have come up with. I've already given them one of my slots for attacking but as I get higher I'd rather not sacrifice my power slots to their commands if there is a better way.

#524124 10/19/05 09:55 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You seem to get the second one around level 7. I leveled during the mission and the next time I called Pathos to life he brought his buddy Abyssmal with him without any warning. I assume the same will happen for the third one, which I guess will arrive around lvl 12-15 but I don't know which level for sure.

I believe I play differently than you. Whereas I think you use the number keys for you attacks, I use the powertray and mouse. I just opened up a second tray for their buttons in order to keep them straight and have all three buttons ("Attack", "Heel" and "Follow") on the tray so I can click whatever I need. I've never been able to figure out keybinds (never really TRIED to figure out keybinds is more accurate) so I'm not sure how you do that.

#524125 10/19/05 10:03 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I find the keyboard much easier to use, especially from a laptop. But then I'm an avid keyboarder for all things and use the mouse as little as possible. With the trouble I seem to have with inspirations not firing off no matter how many times I click on them I trust the keyboard a lot more.

#524126 10/19/05 10:06 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You do know that you can rename your zombies, right? So that their name appears above them.

Page 60 of 78 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,026
Posts1,045,974
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Lad Boy
Lad Boy
Washington DC
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star