Roll Call
0 members (), 29 Murran Spies, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
What I found today at my LCS!
by thoth lad - 06/02/24 03:22 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 02:37 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 01:53 PM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 06:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 06/01/24 04:37 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:32 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:25 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#537156 06/05/04 04:28 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Here's Drakefire:

[Linked Image]

"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
#537157 06/06/04 05:47 AM
Leader
Leader
Well, the hubby was on my account when I got back from the show last night (hurt my foot so I didn't go to the cast party -- it's OK now), so I used his account to create a new hero for the Legionnaires of Virtue. Here's Tasmia's cousin, Shadow Lad.

[Linked Image]

I couldn't get a costume I liked that was very close to his Legion Academy days, so I got a bit creative. He's taking the skin-bearing cue from his cousin. (D'oh! I just realized I forgot the pointy ears. Oh, well.)

He's also got a different set of darkness powers than Caroline's Tasmia. She's a scrapper with dark powers. Grev's a defender.

#537158 06/06/04 05:08 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That pic ought to get Lash playing if nothing Eric. laugh

Looks good though. I've been trying to get Gungnir up to 15 but I'm still about 3500 points off with 2000 in debt. Just can't make any headway and it makes me not want to play at all.

I also need to play The -Pulse soon since my next article is due next weekend.

#537159 06/07/04 03:15 PM
Leader
Leader
Should we try for 9 EST again this Wednesday? Is that too early for our Mountaineers? Would a different day be better for you, Patch?

What level is everyone up to now? I can play with Saturn Lady again (still 8) or try Shadow Lad (4 -- maybe 5 by Wednesday) so our missions aren't skewed too high.

#537160 06/07/04 03:50 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Wed, 9pm EST is good for me, though I might be on a little earlier, it depends...

I just hit level 7 with Drakefire this afternoon, so hopefully he'll be caught up with everyone by Wednesday.

Btw, can anyone else see my pictures? Half the time the page doesn't seem to load them for me...

#537161 06/07/04 04:00 PM
Leader
Leader
Nope. The pictures have never loaded for me, no matter which computer I use.

#537162 06/07/04 04:13 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Should we try for 9 EST again this Wednesday? Is that too early for our Mountaineers? Would a different day be better for you, Patch?

What level is everyone up to now? I can play with Saturn Lady again (still 8) or try Shadow Lad (4 -- maybe 5 by Wednesday) so our missions aren't skewed too high.
I will try to be there on Wed. night, but tomorrow is Microsoft Patch Day (patching computers is what I do in case you were wondering wink ), so I might have to work late if I don't get enough done tomorrow. A little bird told me that there is a critical patch coming out that effects just about all Microsoft products. So I will have to be ready to patch 4500+ computers by the weekend or sooner.
cool

As far as a different day, it won't really matter, what day we pick. I am basically on call and could have to work at any time. Whatever day you guys decide, I'll try to be there.

"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe."

-Edmund Burke
#537163 06/08/04 07:21 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Patch Lad:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
[b] Should we try for 9 EST again this Wednesday? Is that too early for our Mountaineers? Would a different day be better for you, Patch?

I will try to be there on Wed. night, but tomorrow is Microsoft Patch Day (patching computers is what I do in case you were wondering wink ), so I might have to work late if I don't get enough done tomorrow. A little bird told me that there is a critical patch coming out that effects just about all Microsoft products. So I will have to be ready to patch 4500+ computers by the weekend or sooner.
cool

As far as a different day, it won't really matter, what day we pick. I am basically on call and could have to work at any time. Whatever day you guys decide, I'll try to be there.[/b]
Patch Lad, I can fully sympathise with you. While I'm not in the LAN department who is in charge of the patches here at work, I have to help coordinate the down time so that the associates who need access the the intranet are not interrupted during the day. And that includes those overseas too. Microsoft has become a bad word around here lately with all of their security flaws. It almost has me considering switching over to a MAC. Almost. laugh

#537164 06/08/04 07:23 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Oh, as for the time, 9 EST is fine with Caroline and myself. I should be home by then tomorrow (being 7 pm here in Utah). I'm not working too late and with all the construction it takes 90 minutes to get home so I should be right around then and should be able to play for at least 2 hours.

#537165 06/08/04 05:47 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I realize I'm way behind all of you but I did get the game loaded on the new computer and tried it out (on the same server ~ Triumph? ~ that Grunjir is on) before I went into the hospital. I'll see if I can't get up to speed quickly and join you guys soon.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#537166 06/08/04 06:27 PM
Leader
Leader
Yay!

Sorry to hear you've been having troubles. I just saw your Variable Villa post.

The Legionnaires of Virtue is on the Virtue server, so create a character on there, too. We'd love to have you! I hope you feel better soon.

#537167 06/08/04 06:45 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Vee I didn't know you were in the hospital. I hope everything is okay. Don't feel you are obligated to join us if your health isn't up to it. Just take care of yourself, that's more important.

On a lighter note, you'll get used to hospital visits when you get into playing CoH. Believe me. laugh

#537168 06/08/04 09:34 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Yeah, I know what you mean about hospitals...Drakefire really feels like himself, the villains in Perez Park keep tearing him new holes in his containment suit! laugh

#537169 06/10/04 03:19 AM
Honorary
Honorary
Hey guys, sorry I missed you all again. Patch Day was a bust, but other things kept me from showing up anyway. I'll do my best to be there next time!!

"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe."

-Edmund Burke
#537170 06/14/04 12:09 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hey Seymour! Last night was a blast with Condo & Shadow Lad. We made a great team! Sorry to "depart" so suddenly. Lost mapserver connection just as I clicked on the trainer to get my lvl 9 and by the time I got back you were gone.

For all the rest of you, I'm now on Virtue as well with two "heroes" Condo is now a lvl 9 blaster and Cosmic Rokk is a lvl 7 tanker. (I just HAD to create Rokk. It didn't seem right to not have one of the founders of the Legion not be represented!)

It's been lots of fun (as you said Scott smile ) but a bit confusing because I'm not sure who is who. Could you each post your "heroes" on here so we all know each other?

I know the following:

Seymour = Saturn Lady & Shadow Lad
Caroline = Tasmia Mallor
LL = Garth
RP friend of LL & Caroline (Andy?) = Ferro Lad
Pex = Drakefire

Who else?

PS: KP you would just love this game!

Vee

#537171 06/14/04 12:38 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Well, in addition to Drakefire, I also have:

Gravity Lad (an Original Pex Creation, based on the Guardians of Oa)

Cosmo Girl Zero (an alternate female Rokk with different powers - Her power sets are "Empathy" and "Dark Blast", I gave her a modified Grell Rokk costume) wink

Non-Legion Associated Characters I have on the Virtue Server Include:

J-Frost
Xenoblade
Template

Non-Virtue Server Characters I have include:

Electricia (on Victory...I think!)
Goddess Urd (on Justice)

#537172 06/14/04 12:47 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think I've seen J-Frost & Xenoblade online. Wish I had known it was you.

#537173 06/15/04 09:32 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Since no one was around CoH last night, I went ahead and created a new hero (heroine?) I want to have one of each of the types to see what the differences are in strategy etc. Since I have a blaster (Condo), and a tanker (Cosmic Rokk), I went ahead and created my defender (Mystical Mysa) and boy did she turn out HOT!!!!! She has 2 healing powers as her primary set so far and energy blasting powers as her secondary set. (Got her up to lvl 4 by last night when I started having server problems.)

Since I couldn't come close to her all white gown type outfit, I gave her one similar to Nura's preboot, but I was able to give her some pointy antennae. You should have seen all the guys that were hitting on her! (Mysa will never lack invitations for team ups. She got FIVE offers last night alone to join a supergroup! Of course, she demured because she's hoping to get an invite to the Legion of Virtue wink

Maybe down the road she can split off from the LoV and start up a supergroup called the Subs with some of your alt IDs!)

PS: Cobie would be drooling after her in an instant! laugh

#537174 06/15/04 09:47 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Scott (or anyone): How did you get those pics that you posted? Is there soemthing on CoH that allows you to take pics or did you use something like PaintShop?

#537175 06/15/04 10:04 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You can do screen prints from within CoH. Under the Menu you can go into your options and make sure that the screen print function is turned on so all you have to do is hit the PrtScn key on your keyboard when you want a picture.

Now I know that'll just take a picture of your character's backside but you can change your POV (no, not Brian but Point Of View) in a couple of different ways. The simplest is to use the scroll button on your mouse if you have one.

If you need further help from that, just give me a shout. I'm actually arranging with Thomas (our friend who plays Andrew) so that he and Caroline and I can be on line at the same time with our main characters (Gungnir for me, Blue Battler for him and Lady Maleficent for Caroline) and I can take a group pic for a tshirt so we'll recognize each other when we pick him up at the airport in SD for the con.

#537176 06/15/04 10:13 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thanks Scott, I'll try that tonight. BTW, we missed you the other day. We had a blast. Hope to catch up with you on CoH again soon.

#537177 06/15/04 10:14 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Varalent:
Since no one was around CoH last night, I went ahead and created a new hero (heroine?) I want to have one of each of the types to see what the differences are in strategy etc. Since I have a blaster (Condo), and a tanker (Cosmic Rokk), I went ahead and created my defender (Mystical Mysa) and boy did she turn out HOT!!!!! She has 2 healing powers as her primary set so far and energy blasting powers as her secondary set. (Got her up to lvl 4 by last night when I started having server problems.)

Since I couldn't come close to her all white gown type outfit, I gave her one similar to Nura's preboot, but I was able to give her some pointy antennae. You should have seen all the guys that were hitting on her! (Mysa will never lack invitations for team ups. She got FIVE offers last night alone to join a supergroup! Of course, she demured because she's hoping to get an invite to the Legion of Virtue wink

Maybe down the road she can split off from the LoV and start up a supergroup called the Subs with some of your alt IDs!)

PS: Cobie would be drooling after her in an instant! laugh
I actually created an Emerald Empress character the other day on a server where I don't know anyone just so I could play around solo. I get tired of playing in groups sometimes and chatting. Just wanted to see how it was running around by myself. Plus I forgot to take notes for my article during The -Pulse's training mission and had to create a new character to go through it all over again.

She's level 4 now and a Magic Controller. Focused on the dark powers since those send out a kind of skull when attacked which I figured was going to be as close to the Eye as I was going to get without the automatic targeting drone (which I didn't want to use). Already at 4 she has a sniper power that can take out lvl 3 and 4 foes from about 3 times as far as normal with only 1 shot.

I've decided to do a Tharok too but I'm going to wait for City of Villains to be released next year so that I can play him more 'true to life'. laugh

#537178 06/15/04 10:15 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thanks Scott, I'll try that tonight. BTW, we missed you the other day. We had a blast. Hope to catch up with you on CoH again soon.
You too Vee. Just felt burned out lately and haven't wanted to play. And that's caused me to be late with my next article for The Pulse but at least Jen was understanding. Hopefully I'll be in a better mood this Wedensday, if we all get together then.

#537179 06/15/04 10:20 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I actually created an Emerald Empress character the other day on a server where I don't know anyone just so I could play around solo. I get tired of playing in groups sometimes and chatting. Just wanted to see how it was running around by myself. Plus I forgot to take notes for my article during The -Pulse's training mission and had to create a new character to go through it all over again.

She's level 4 now and a Magic Controller. Focused on the dark powers since those send out a kind of skull when attacked which I figured was going to be as close to the Eye as I was going to get without the automatic targeting drone (which I didn't want to use). Already at 4 she has a sniper power that can take out lvl 3 and 4 foes from about 3 times as far as normal with only 1 shot.

I've decided to do a Tharok too but I'm going to wait for City of Villains to be released next year so that I can play him more 'true to life'. laugh
LOL! I almost created Empress instead of Mysa last night, but I didn't think Empress would stand a chance of being invited to join the LoV! wink

#537180 06/15/04 10:23 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
[b]Thanks Scott, I'll try that tonight. BTW, we missed you the other day. We had a blast. Hope to catch up with you on CoH again soon.
You too Vee. Just felt burned out lately and haven't wanted to play. And that's caused me to be late with my next article for The Pulse but at least Jen was understanding. Hopefully I'll be in a better mood this Wedensday, if we all get together then.[/b]
I can understand that. I imagine since you're work involves the computer all day, there must be times when you just want to be away from it. Just wanted you to know that we DID miss having you around and I was excited about introducing you to "Rokk"

Page 5 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,853
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Kid Beetle, Star Boy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Raging Bull
Raging Bull
The open range
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star