Roll Call
0 members (), 28 Murran Spies, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 01:53 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 01:51 PM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 06:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 06/01/24 04:37 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:32 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:25 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:23 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 70 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#537256 06/24/04 12:35 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
She's a magic controler with mind control & empathy. BTW, it's hard to tell in the pic but she wears the Eye of Ekron on her forehead laugh

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#537257 06/24/04 12:50 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Okay...trying to show pics again, hosted at a different place this time. Let me know if you guys can see them...

First, we have Drura...

[Linked Image]

And then there's my namesake, Pex The Unalive...

[Linked Image]

"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
#537258 06/24/04 02:21 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yep, see 'em just fine! Drura came out great!

#537259 06/24/04 05:24 PM
Leader
Leader
I can see them. Drura looks incredible.

Vee, yours are a lot of fun. I love how you adjusted Validus. And Varalent is very cool. I hope to get Starlad up tonight if the ftp program my hubby set up for me is working again.

Thinking about it more, I'd like to just stay on Virtue. I need to concentrate on a character or two so I can get them levelled up and able to explore other parts of the city that are too dangerous right now. I'm not sure if I want to do it with my blaster. His power set isn't working out. Shadow Lad would be a good one, and I think Saturn Lady would turn out well too.

#537260 06/24/04 05:25 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
BTW, my trip got cancelled so I hope to see some of you on CoH over the next few days. laugh

#537261 06/24/04 05:27 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Seymour, I think Shadow Lad AND Saturn Lady would both be good. They have great balanced power.

#537262 06/25/04 07:35 AM
Leader
Leader
Too bad I can't play them both at once.

(Hmm -- they're on different accounts, so if the hubby isn't home, I suppose I could bring his computer and a monitor into my office and -- nah smile )

#537263 06/25/04 01:31 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Drura is really great looking! Pex did a great job with her. She and my newest creation Rond Vidar had fun killing baddies last night.

Rond has finally come out of the closet and declared himself to be Earth's Green Lantern. laugh

[Linked Image]

I also started a character on Victory today because all the other servers were down. His name is Killowatt Kid.

[Linked Image]

#537264 06/25/04 01:40 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Seymour, did you get Starlad started? I was able to "Friend" a starlad & a star lad on Protector but I wasn't sure if either was you and neither was online to find out.

#537265 06/25/04 02:54 PM
Leader
Leader
Starlad is me. I just got him out of the tutorial and trained to 2nd. He hasn't done anything yet.

#537266 06/25/04 03:00 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Vee, I just heard back from support about Gun's doppelganger. What I had been told when I started was incorrect. Your character name is unique only to the server it was created on. The same name can be used once on each server. Kinda makes me want to go and create a Gungnir on the remaining servers so no one else can.

But this does go towards another question of moving characters. They have stated that they do not yet have a way to do it. If they are allowing the same name on each server then I don't foresee a day when you can transfer your character.

#537267 06/25/04 03:14 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I thought the same thing. Guess you could possibly move them but have to adjust the name, but it would certainly make it less appealing.

They are allowing you to copy your character to the test site, so they do have a mechanism in place for doing so.

#537268 06/26/04 01:54 PM
Leader
Leader
And heeeeere's Starlad -- on the Protector server:

[Linked Image]

#537269 06/26/04 07:17 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Varalent:
BTW, I was going to call him just "Vee" but someone already had that name! mad
[guilty chuckle]

wink

#537270 06/27/04 05:01 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by UTS:
[b]BTW, I was going to call him just "Vee" but someone already had that name! mad
[guilty chuckle]

wink [/b]
Better not have been you, UTS! mad

#537271 06/27/04 05:27 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I have to admit, I have as much fun (if not more) creating heroes as I do actually playing the game. I find it facinating to see how the different combinations of powers affect the game playing. It's really challenging to find power combinations suitable for use with certain Legionnaires (Rokk & Pol's lack of magnetism being a great example)

I really wish they had set up the various types with primary powers as they have, but allowed you to pick any other type of secondary instead of just the limited sets they've chosen.

Oh well, long explanation for introducing the following new additions to my menagerie on Protector.

First is StormKid, my version of Storm Boy who joined during the 5YG (wonder if he was the same on as from the issue in Adventure when Supes is forced to quit the Legion in order to join Plant Man, Shadow Man, Storm Boy, & Liquid Man protecting another planet?) He's a defender with Storm Summoning as primary & electrical blasts as his secondary.

[Linked Image]

Then there's FireLad, a blaster with fire blast as his primary & fire manipulation as his secondary (of course)

[Linked Image]

And finally, my version of Mon, Marvel Lad (harkening back to when he first joined the LSH for his name) He's a tanker with Invulnerability as his primary and energy melee as his secondary.

[Linked Image]

#537272 06/27/04 05:43 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Vee, I just heard back from support about Gun's doppelganger. What I had been told when I started was incorrect. Your character name is unique only to the server it was created on. The same name can be used once on each server. Kinda makes me want to go and create a Gungnir on the remaining servers so no one else can.

But this does go towards another question of moving characters. They have stated that they do not yet have a way to do it. If they are allowing the same name on each server then I don't foresee a day when you can transfer your character.
I think there's a Gungnir on Virtue as well but I figure that might be you. I've been checking on the different servers I've been on to see if he's there.

#537273 06/27/04 05:49 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hey Gary! When are we going to talk YOU into joining us on City of Heroes. You'd have a blast, I can guarantee it. For incentive, I should let you know that I saw someone's version of Nightcrawler on the Virtue server and it looked pretty good (You CAN create characters with tails & pointy ears and any skin color) I'd love to see your version of Nighty as well as a Legionnaire since you're so creative.

#537274 06/28/04 06:55 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hey Gary! When are we going to talk YOU into joining us on City of Heroes. You'd have a blast, I can guarantee it. For incentive, I should let you know that I saw someone's version of Nightcrawler on the Virtue server and it looked pretty good (You CAN create characters with tails & pointy ears and any skin color) I'd love to see your version of Nighty as well as a Legionnaire since you're so creative.
Plus you can take Teleport Friend or Teleport Foe at 6th level instead of hover. By 20th level a teleporter can teleport individuals, himself or even a full team. If I can ever get Gungnir up to 20 he'll be able to do all the teleports.

#537275 06/28/04 06:56 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
[b]Vee, I just heard back from support about Gun's doppelganger. What I had been told when I started was incorrect. Your character name is unique only to the server it was created on. The same name can be used once on each server. Kinda makes me want to go and create a Gungnir on the remaining servers so no one else can.

I think there's a Gungnir on Virtue as well but I figure that might be you. I've been checking on the different servers I've been on to see if he's there.[/b]
Nope, not me either. Gungnir on Triumph is my only one. Although I am still sorely tempted to create one on each server just for the hell of it. And if the name is taken on a server then I'll just name him The True Gungnir.

#537276 06/28/04 06:58 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And Vee, I'm with you. Its a blast just to create them and see what kind of powers and looks you can give them. I wish they would offer a way to do the tutorial then go back and adjust your powers if you find them to poor to play. I'm having a bit of trouble with Charma. She can handle her own okay but would probably work better with a group.

#537277 06/28/04 11:15 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And Vee, I'm with you. Its a blast just to create them and see what kind of powers and looks you can give them. I wish they would offer a way to do the tutorial then go back and adjust your powers if you find them to poor to play. I'm having a bit of trouble with Charma. She can handle her own okay but would probably work better with a group.
Scott, that's a great idea! You should send it to them. I know what you mean about being able to adjust something (powers or even outfit) after the tutorial. I've been less than happy with Kid Lyle's combination of powers. The only reason I picked them is because the one set gave him the chance to eventually achieve invisibility.

After discovering this weekend that he could actually get there through a pool power, I bit the bullet and decided to redo him completely as "I-Kid Lyle". (So next time he's on he'll have to apply for admission to the Legionnaires of Virtue again! laugh ) While I was redoing him, I went ahead and made some minor changes to his look as well, nothing major, just some little changes here and there.

Same thing happened to me with "Validdus" (too big to see around) and "Brin" (don't like the claws he ended up with as a Scrapper) but I haven't gotten around to redoing them yet. I would redo "Cosmic Rokk" as well but I have him to high up in level to want to start him over again.

I would have been much nicer to be able to go edit them without having to delete them completely.

#537278 06/29/04 06:07 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Just to let you all know:

While I was on CoH last night I saw some Broadcast messages that said the new update would be rolled out today, including the ability to have 3-4 different outfits for your characters. I don't think they're doing anything about editing them per se, just allowing you to create some "changes of clothes" but I don't know what else is coming as well.

#537279 06/29/04 06:09 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Ohhhhh! Now that I think of it, that means our Legionnaires could have an Adventure era outfit, a Grell era outfit, a 5YG outfit, a post boot outfit....oh the possibilities! laugh

#537280 06/29/04 06:49 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yeah, but still no capes. And from what I've read, when they were beta-ing the update, you actually have to complete a certain type of mission and pay (use influence) to do outfit changes. It won't be as simple as being able to re-edit your character.

Page 9 of 70 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,849
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Kid Beetle, Star Boy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Lolita
Lolita
Right by Cobie's Side
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star