Roll Call
0 members (), 26 Murran Spies, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 02:37 PM
Kill This Thread LIII - There's a Joker in Here!
by Ann Hebistand - 06/02/24 01:53 PM
Books you are looking for to help with your collection.
by Ann Hebistand - 06/01/24 06:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 06/01/24 04:37 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:32 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:25 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/01/24 03:23 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 70 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#537281 06/29/04 06:51 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And here is the breakdown of what the changes are for Through the Looking Glass (set to go live today):

Through the Looking Glass includes the following new content:

2 New City Zones

· Peregrine Island – This zone, north of Talos Island, is home to the secretive Portal Corporation.

· Rikti Crash Site – In this zone, the Rikti War still rages. Join the battle and keep Earth safe from the alien invaders.

New twists to missions

· 5th Column Prison – When you’re defeated in certain equipped 5th Column bases, you will have more to deal with than a hospital bill.

· Circle of Thorns Crystal Prison – Like the 5th Column, if you are defeated in selected lairs, the Circle of Thorns will have a big surprise in store for you.

· Circle of Thorns Gate Room – The Circle has found a new method of protecting its dark secrets: the Gate Room.

· Circle of Thorns Orichalchum Crystals – Magic can bring power, or magic can bring pain. These crystals have become infused with the Circle’s dark magic, and heroes will often find themselves surprised by the results.

· Tech Danger Lab – Technology can be somewhat unreliable. The only way to find out what the Tech Danger Lab holds is to experiment and observe the results.

Outdoor Mission Maps

· The villains of Paragon City have taken the fight to the streets.

Contact\Mission\Story Arc Content For levels 40-50

· The sick amusements of the Carnival of Shadows have turned deadly. Learn the source of their powers on your quest to save a single soul.

· Expose the darkness in Countess Crey’s closets and bring her secrets to light at last.

· Begin to plumb the depths of the mysterious Malta Group.

· Nemesis: How far will the Prussian Prince of Automatons go in his bid to conquer America?

· As with many new technologies, Portal Corporation’s advances involve great risks. Venture to alternate realities to keep Paragon City safe from the many hazards of the multiverse.

· Is there any hope for peace between the Rikti and Earth? Not if you don’t keep your eye on the factions that have begun to splinter Rikti society.

· The Praetorian supervillains may well be the greatest threat your fair city has ever faced. Take the battle to their home dimension to keep Paragon City safe.

Trial Room

· Sewer Trial Room – Deep within the sewer system, something is growing. Characters between levels 38 and 40 must battle the Hydra to keep it contained – but be sure to come prepared for a long, hard fight.

Tailor

· Now your costume can change and evolve with your hero. At 3 locations within Paragon City, you can update your outfit – for a price.

· At levels 20, 30 and 40, you can earn extra costume slots by performing tasks for Icon’s tailors. Now you can customize your look on a daily basis! You may perform these tasks at any level after the initial level.

#537282 06/29/04 07:36 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hmmmm, some interesting things there. Wonder if you can rescue a teammate from the prisons?

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#537283 06/29/04 07:37 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Or even teleport him/her/it out. Might make teleportation a very important power to have!

Oh Saturn Lady, can I do anything to make you more comfortable/happy/pleased? Just let me know. I'm here to make sure your every wish is granted! laugh

#537284 06/29/04 01:42 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Varalent:
Oh Saturn Lady, can I do anything to make you more comfortable/happy/pleased? Just let me know. I'm here to make sure your every wish is granted! laugh
Yes, you can dely my hubby at work a few hours so I can get home before him and get on the account first to play her!

I'm enjoying Shadow Kid, but I'd like to play her sometimes too. But no, he's always on when I get home from work playing his Celtika character and getting all Mr. High Level.

#537285 06/29/04 01:44 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
lol

I'm so glad Caroline and I have different accounts. Hell, she's getting more of her money's worth than I am right now.

I may try to log on tonight and see what it takes to change a costume. Been looking to do some alterations to Gungnir. I just wish I could get him passed 15th level.

#537286 06/29/04 03:57 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wait until you all see the numbnuts all congregated under Atlas' statue in Atlas Park DANCING! Weird, very weird!

#537287 06/29/04 08:39 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
They are screwing up the connection by doing it. Same thing at the tailor in Steel City. Damn lag was so bad I almost couldn't get my suit changed. Boomboxes and dancing everywhere. Like a kid with a new toy, though, hopefully it'll wear off by this week end.

So anyway, I did tweak Gungnir's outfit. I like his look better now. I'll post a pic when I can get a good screenshot of him.

#537288 06/29/04 09:21 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Okay here's the old look (left) vs. the new (right) for Gungnir.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

#537289 06/30/04 09:37 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hey Scott, I like the new one lots better. The contrast makes it easier to see the design on the uniform.

How much did that cost to do or how does it work? I had heard that you have to run a mission for the tailor in order to get it done and that you automatically were able to gt a new uniform at lvls 20, 30, & 40. Other than that I thought it was a pretty high cost in influence points.

#537290 06/30/04 09:56 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Actually it isn't too expensive unless you change actual features. For instance I changed out my glowing eyes face for the first face choice just to make Gung more realistic.

And you are right and wrong. Anyone can change their costume/features for a price. The only thing that cannot be changed is your body type (size, sex, etc). The minimum fee just for entering the tailor (if you don't cancel it) is 640 influence. For that you can change all of your colors (face, hair, costume, etc) until the cows come home. BUT once you start changing the actual look (hair, patterns, etc) then the fees begin. I don't know if it is a standard fee of about 1300 influence of if it changes depending on the feature being altered. And you can do this as many times as you have influence to spend but you cannot save your old one unless you pay to go back to it, recreating it.

Once you reach 20 (and then every 10th lvl after) you can take on a mission for the head tailor (there are regular Icon employees and a main tailor in the stores). This allows you to have a second (then third, fourth and fifth) costume you can change into. If you are part of a supergroup then you will still have that choice as well. So you can tailor your costume to suit your mood the higher you go. Maybe some civilian clothes or a business suit. A suit of armor for space missions. Whatever.

I'm not sure what the missions consist of yet nor do I know if you still have to pay for those extra tailorings or if they come free for completing the mission. I do like the fact we know have choices. Especially since I was in a rush when I created Gungnir and left the option to make the colors carry over into every aspect. I am much happier with his current look. Even though my friends keep saying I look like Jesus now.

#537291 06/30/04 02:56 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think I can guess the answer to the following but do they allow you to change the powers?

#537292 06/30/04 06:07 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Your guess is right.

The answer is no, btw. laugh

#537293 06/30/04 10:11 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hey, where was everyone one tonight? I thought we were going to keep, or try to keep, Wednesdays as our Legion meeting day.

#537294 07/01/04 03:15 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I was on until about 11:00. Kept checking back and forth between Virtue (with Condo) and Protector (with Varalent) but never saw anyone else online.

Sorry I missed you while you were on cause I could have used the company, Condo's at lvl 12 and making progress to 13 is difficult since I've got nothing but Steele Canyon, Boomtown & Perez Park missions being given to me. Getting to do lots of comparison shopping for hospitals laugh

Maybe we can find a time this weekend for everyone to gather. I enjoy CoH either way but teaming up with friends is much more fun than soloing.

#537295 07/01/04 05:43 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I wasn't able to get on but Caroline and Thomas (who plays Andrew) were on Virtue until 10:00 PM our time. I'm surprised you guys didn't run into each other or at least see each as being online. I need to get Garth up there so maybe I'll try to play him a bit this weekend.

#537296 07/01/04 06:32 AM
Leader
Leader
Work has been so crazy lately, the backlog at home has been growing and growing, and I just had to tackle some of that pile last night.

We should do a task force this weekend. Beforehand, get Garth up to 11th level, hold Condo to 12, and I'll get Shadow Kid up to 11. What's Tas and Lar these days? My hubby has done several task forces, and he says the best chance to survive them is to be sure everyone is within a level. Even with one 13 and the rest 11 or 12, it can skew the mission so that the 11s die frequently. (He speaks from experience as one of those former 11s.) If you don't die too much, you're guaranteed to level at least once.

Things get really cool when we get past 20. He was playing with a team last night and got a mission in a CoT castle (at least that's what it looked like from the inside -- I didn't see the entrance), and there were these Daemon Lord things that looked awesome.

#537297 07/01/04 06:33 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hmmmm? There was definitely some weird things happening yesterday. For a while there was no Atlas Park 2 or Kings Row 2 appearing for me (of course there was still some dancing going on mad ) maybe that had something to do with it.

As I said, I ended up spending some time in Steel Canyon trying to complete two missions (Clocks & 5th Column) but discovered that the hospital there is much pricier than good ol' Crowne Memorial! laugh ) Cost me 350 debt each time!

Worst part is I mostly saw...and tried to run from (sometimes successfully ~ ususally not) lvl 16s & 17s. Poor Condo at 12 didn't stand a chance when he got caught. I think I finally worked off all my debt before calling it a night.

I will be on again tonight as I am just about every night so maybe I'll run into someone then.

#537298 07/01/04 06:36 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
BTW, I have Varalent up to level 7 (almost 8) on Protector so I should be able to create our Supergroup over there shortly. It is definitely less congested and should be a good server for us to all start at the same level ~ maybe we can talk some more people here to join us and have a full Legion roster! Seymour is on there as well with his Starlad so as soon as I get the Legion group set up I'll pass the ownership of it over to him and then use Varalent to create an LMBP/LW group there as well laugh

#537299 07/01/04 06:43 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think Garth is still at 7 but he's still low enough to gain levels pretty easy.

And I know what you mean by weird stuff Vee. Those duplicate cities (KR2 and such) are supposed to be there to help with server load. Since there has been no green light since the update there should be no reason why those second copies are not available to play on.

Plus, if all of those fools (and Caroline is, unfortunately, one of the) don't quit causing me to get booted or have extremely bad lag time because all they want to do is dance I'm going to find a way to make this game a PvP (player vs. player). mad

#537300 07/01/04 07:21 AM
Honorary
Honorary
Sorry I couldn't make it last night, things have been crazy. I think Lar is up to 7 or 8 so he has some leveling to do. I think a TF would be a good idea, I haven't been in one of those yet. Let me know when you want to meet and I will try to be there.

"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe."

-Edmund Burke
#537301 07/01/04 07:24 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Isn't there a minimum level for a task force? I thought you had to be in the double digits at least to take one on.

#537302 07/01/04 07:42 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm not sure either though I thought the same about needing to be in double digits. I'll put Condo on hold to wait for the rest to catch up to him and work on some of the others. If we can do a task force at lower than 10 levels I have Cosmic Rokk @ 9, Mysa & Rond @ 8, and I think the new I-Kid Lyle is at 5 or 6. Poor Brin is still languishing behind (I think he's a 4-5)

I'll check later and post the levels here so we can coordinate if it works out that we can do a task force mission.

#537303 07/01/04 08:01 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Varalent:
BTW, I have Varalent up to level 7 (almost 8) on Protector so I should be able to create our Supergroup over there shortly. It is definitely less congested and should be a good server for us to all start at the same level ~ maybe we can talk some more people here to join us and have a full Legion roster! Seymour is on there as well with his Starlad so as soon as I get the Legion group set up I'll pass the ownership of it over to him and then use Varalent to create an LMBP/LW group there as well laugh
Maybe we should have a CoH Legion Try-out! laugh

#537304 07/01/04 08:35 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The server problems seem to continue. Seymour and I got completely knocked off Virtue for a while tonight. Not "Lost server connection" either. We got a "Mapserver disconnect" Took a while before we were able to get back on. Fortunately there was no problem on Protector so we were able to have some fun there in the meantime.

#537305 07/02/04 06:03 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I had no problem hanging out on Triumph last night in Independce Port. As long as you stay away from the low level places (Atlas Park, Kings Row, Galaxy City) and the dancing fools, it all seems okay. The other night, right after the update, I kept getting the Mapserver Disconnect error every time I was near a group of people goofing off instead of playing.

And I finally managed to get Gungnir to 16th level last night. Seemed to have taken forever.

Page 10 of 70 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,025
Posts1,045,851
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Kid Beetle, Star Boy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Healex
Healex
Tampa
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star